Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm year 13 and retaking aqa. Focus on OT their the hardest past of the exam. Hoping for a type of policies question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLGBattlefield)
    Yeh I'm year 13 and retaking aqa. Focus on OT their the hardest past of the exam. Hoping for a type of policies question.
    What's OT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutelady)
    What's OT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The objective tests. I got 8/25 last year but 5 8 12 20on the written the objevtive test can ruin your mark.

ReputationRep:
    how are positive and negative externalities market failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theD0N)
    how are positive and negative externalities market failure
    Positive externalities are market failure as they are under-provided so not meeting the equilibrium amount of which is willing and able to be supplied and demanded
    Negative externalities are over-provided so there's too much of it and it's above the equilibrium value...
    I think anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zwatkins66)
    Positive externalities are market failure as they are under-provided so not meeting the equilibrium amount of which is willing and able to be supplied and demanded
    Negative externalities are over-provided so there's too much of it and it's above the equilibrium value...
    I think anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is that not just merit and demerit goods then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James7373)
    On the specimen paper for AQA AS Econ it says: "do NOT use pencil". Does this mean we have to use pen for the diagram question because I don't want to use pencil and end up losing 4 marks but with pen I will make a mistake and not be able to rub it out!
    yes, my teacher attended the talk from the exam board last week/two weeks? and they said you HAVE to use pen, otherwise it doesn't get picked up by the scanner, so when it gets marked it'll just seem like an empty space.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please send me the adjusted edexcel economics papers!

I have the specimen papers already, just any other papers

Thank you.

My email is:
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AindowJ)
    yes, my teacher attended the talk from the exam board last week/two weeks? and they said you HAVE to use pen, otherwise it doesn't get picked up by the scanner, so when it gets marked it'll just seem like an empty space.
    No you can draw diagrams in pencil i did it last year and it was fine

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please send me the adjusted edexcel economics papers!

have the specimen papers already, just any other papers

Thank you.

My email is:
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLGBattlefield)
    What's OT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think if you've done the sample assessment paper for AQA, the actual one tomorrow will have the same structure as the sample one.

ReputationRep:
    is that not just merit and demerit goods then?
    Merit goods are goods which create positive externalities and demerit creates negative externalities

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James7373)
    On the specimen paper for AQA AS Econ it says: "do NOT use pencil". Does this mean we have to use pen for the diagram question because I don't want to use pencil and end up losing 4 marks but with pen I will make a mistake and not be able to rub it out!
    i was thinking the same thing so i'll probably initially do it in pencil then when i'm happy with it go over it in pen

ReputationRep:
    is price mechanism a form of market failure?

ReputationRep:
    No, the different types of market failure consist of Externalities, Merit/Demerit Goods, Public Goods, Monopolies and Imperfect Information.

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know Marginal stuff for the new aqa spec?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for the resit tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. A form is missing markets (public goods) as the price function has been broken down.. Also, a monopoly who is a price maker...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafy97)
    No, the different types of market failure consist of Externalities, Merit/Demerit Goods, Public Goods, Monopolies and Imperfect Information.
    And Information failure - where there is a lack of perfect information about the good or service for both parties involved

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.