The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Exactly.

More like he was shouting ''I love bananas'' or ''I love aubergines - my cheeks expand''; cucumbers, you name it.
Anything but apples.
Reply 61
Original post by Ananaz
What are you suggesting? He gets lousy prison sentence and then becomes free to do such things again? Get a grip.

The original poster's comment 'death penalty to homophobes' was quite ridiculous.
There is a difference between just being homophobic, and being a violent homophobe attacking people.
No punishment should be given to the former as that is the individual's own views.
Reply 62
Original post by HAnwar
The original poster's comment 'death penalty to homophobes' was quite ridiculous.
There is a difference between just being homophobic, and being a violent homophobe attacking people.
No punishment should be given to the former as that is the individual's own views.

Okay, I agree. I guess I assumed he meant the latter. However, I definitely think homophobes who act on their views should at least get a life sentence as they are dangerous to society.
Reply 63
Original post by HanSoloLuck

In true PC fashion, the police are not aware of any religious motivation at this point.

True dat!! :congrats: :congrats: In the same way tough British authorities weren't aware of connection between Muslim gangs and child sexual exploitation in Rotherham.
Reply 64
Before I get called out on being an 'Islamophobe', I just want to say most people here (including myself) aren't saying that all Muslims are violent bigots or are inherently evil but rather that some Muslims use this political correctness to their advantage because someone somewhere will be scared of getting labelled as a 'racist' or an 'Islamophobe'.
We need to bring Trump over to the UK.
Reply 66
It was an example oh my Gosh.
Idk when I imagine someone bashing someone's face in they would be screaming profanities like
"you ****ing piece of **** can you ****ing die out i hate you ****ing people you sons of *****es"
sound more likely? that could be said in Arabic too :wink: i was using... an... example
Mr Woods was 6ft 6in tall but said: “He’s such a gentle giant.

got taken down by a guy a lot smaller than him. :biggrin:
Original post by lolakirk
appaling. the death penalty needs to be brought back just for homophobes.

I wouldn't say only for homophobes there are crimes that are much worse that people should get the death penalty for.
Reply 69
Original post by Grand High Witch
Ironic that you complain about "discrimination" in your first sentence, then go on to say "I personally don't like gay people".

lmao
The point here is that the punishment for the assault ought to aggravated.

Racially aggravated assaults attract a higher tariff, and so should this, since a violent attack on someone for being gay is equally as damaging to social cohesion as an attack caused by racism, a well as being equally morally wrong.

Personally I don't agree with racial aggravation in legal terms, if you murder someone they are dead either way, and the punishment should be equally severe it seems to me, but that isn't the zeitgeist or the law.

So since we are where we are there ought to be consistency and he should get the same severity of punishment as it it were a racially aggravated assault.

Social cohesion relies on perceived fairness.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
got taken down by a guy a lot smaller than him. :biggrin:

Yes, that tends to happen when someone smacks you in the jaw with a knuckle duster. His size doesn't matter. I hate to thing that the smiley implies you are amused by it.
Original post by Quantex
Yes, that tends to happen when someone smacks you in the jaw with a knuckle duster. His size doesn't matter. I hate to thing that the smiley implies you are amused by it.

Agreed, what a deeply unpleasant post.

At best insensitive and tasteless, at worst downright homophobic.
Original post by Quantex

think*

Its banter, calm down. :lol:
I'm disgusted by this. There's a freedom of expression, and the aggressor behaved like an animal. These are the things that make me lose faith in humanity.
Original post by Tawheed
Ayatullah Sistani(one of the most senior Clerics worldwide): "A Muslim is allowed to take non-Muslims for acquaintances and friends, to be sincere towards them and they be sincere towards him, to help one another in fulfilling the needs of this life. Almighty Allãh has said in His noble Book: “Allãh does not forbid you in regard to those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allãh loves the doers of justice.” (60:8)"

Ali Ibn Abu Talib a.s - the cousin of The prophet Muhammed s.a.w and his closest compaion (as per the shia school) - This was compiled from earlier letters and scripts found even earlier - the below can be authentically varified to be atleast 1100-200 years old- it is not post-adhoc rationalism:

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".
Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance

do you follow sistani too :smile::smile:
so apparently this one guy represents the entire muslims majority, funny isn't it. in chapel hill shooting, the one american guy definitely does not speak for the entire american islamaphobic community. i am muslims and am friendly towards homosexuals who are my friends, never have i spoken in a homophobic manner, so you lot need to stop saying this guy is saying what we all think
Reply 77
A man was attacked outside a bar in Brighton with a knuckle duster and savagely beaten by a man using homophobic language and 'shouting all this Muslim stuff' as one witness stated. Going on to say 'no one wants to hear that'

In true PC fashion, the police are not aware of any religious motivation at this point. So it's conjecture for me to say the motivation was homophobia, but it's also blatantly obvious why this happened.

What I am curious about is, did nobody want to hear the attacker preach at the scene, or, does nobody handling the situation want to hear that the attacker was 'shouting all this Muslim stuff'. I wouldn't be surprised in either case.

"“A 21-year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of assault and GBH with intent. He has been bailed until (Monday) 13 June….A friend of the victim, Brian Markintosh, said that Mr Woods was 6ft 6in tall but said: “He’s such a gentle giant. He’s the kindest person you could imagine.“This geezer broke his jaw with a knuckleduster. He was filming the young gay guys.“And when he was attacking him he was shouting all this Muslim stuff but no one wants to hear that.”Sussex Police said that it was not aware of any racial or religious element to the assault… ".
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/05/11/man-arrested-after-gay-bashing-attack-on-brighton-seafront/

Hiding behind a religion does not entitle you to attack harmless human beings. What a disgrace.
Original post by Ananaz
No, because in Islam women and men are equal. And this is coming from someone whose biological father is a Muslim and mother is an atheist which just highlights the point.

If anything that proves how Islam is unequal.
Original post by HAnwar

You're right there should be no 'punishment' for being homophobic

But you should expect to be ostracised by society and ridiculed for being a bigoted idiot.

You should find it hard to get work and voice your opinion as you should be (and rightly so) ignored and considered incompatible with the rest of humanity

So a bit of advice would be if you are homophobic keep it to yourself and don't tell a soul.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending