Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you plan to live in the UK for the rest of your life? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    thanks for that i mean i did sit and plan out several years at once the business started up
    Wow, so you are already working? I can't wait to get out of education and start a job! Sadly, I still have 4 years of uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Wow, so you are already working? I can't wait to get out of education and start a job! Sadly, I still have 4 years of uni...
    What degree are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Yes I am. and it is a common joke because our parents make the threat.
    I am sorry to hear that! If it makes you feel any better, my mom threatens to take me back to Japan and to make me into one of these Zen Buddhism nuns. Good thing my dad is the boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    What degree are you doing?
    Mechanical Engineering! I have yet to start. I was on a gap year so September...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    I am sorry to hear that! If it makes you feel any better, my mom threatens to take me back to Japan and to make me into one of these Zen Buddhism nuns. Good thing my dad is the boss.
    Aw Japan seems better than Pakistan.

Maybe, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Mechanical Engineering! I have yet to start. I was on a gap year so September...
    Im on a gap year right now too! In September I start Diagnostic Radiography

ReputationRep:
    Defo not!!!!!
    I really want to leave the UK asap!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    No, because life is too short to stay in one place for too long

My goal is to live in as many towns and cities as possible. I've been moving to different parts of the UK every year or two for a while, soon it will be time to move abroad again.

I will always come back here eventually though, as it is home.

Some of the countries I have in mind: Brazil, Canada, Japan, Qatar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I am half Japanese and I experience something quite similar. My maternal grandfather was deeply affected by the Tohoku Earthquake in 2011, so I can completely understand your feelings. Hopefully, they will come up with cool technology to overcome these problems. I am optimistic that we will find a way out of this!
    Aww I heard about that! Hope he was okay!

From what I've heard though Japan is on it like a car bonnet () when it comes to dealing with earthquakes. But yeah, hopefully they'll develop something like super stilts to prevent buildings from collapsing.

ReputationRep:
    Aw Japan seems better than Pakistan.
    Hmmm.. I don't know to be honest. I admire the familial bonds in Indian and Pakistani families even though for some people they are suffocating. I do not experience that in my family. And not many Japanese teenagers do - they are often spending their youth studying all the time instead of bonding with their families.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Hmmm.. I don't know to be honest. I admire the familial bonds in Indian and Pakistani families even though for some people they are suffocating. I do not experience that in my family. And not many Japanese teenagers do - they are often spending their youth studying all the time instead of bonding with their families.
    Has its pros and cons, sometimes I loathe my family

I want to live in New York for a couple of years, preferably before I settle down. I mean, they do say, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

But I want to settle and have a family in the UK, and live out the rest of my days here. I don't want to settle too far from my hometown either tbh. Just somewhere more rural outside my town with nice scenery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    Aww I heard about that! Hope he was okay!

From what I've heard though Japan is on it like a car bonnet () when it comes to dealing with earthquakes. But yeah, hopefully they'll develop something like super stilts to prevent buildings from collapsing.
    Yup, he was okay even though his house did get swept away by the tsunami. I am always watching documentaries on shock absorbing machines and recently, they have started to place some shock absorbing springs under big buildings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I want to live in New York for a couple of years, preferably before I settle down. I mean, they do say, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

But I want to settle and have a family in the UK, and live out the rest of my days here. I don't want to settle too far from my hometown either tbh. Just somewhere more rural outside my town with nice scenery
    You can make it! But even though there are better scenic places out there, have you been to Kent? By the way, I love your profile picture!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Yup, he was okay even though his house did get swept away by the tsunami. I am always watching documentaries on shock absorbing machines and recently, they have started to place some shock absorbing springs under big buildings.
    Oh that's good then (not the house being swept away part, the alive part ahaa). That's great! Hopefully that'll help minimise the effects of any future earthquakes then fingers-crossed.

ReputationRep:
    No I hope to relocate to Toronto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    Im on a gap year right now too! In September I start Diagnostic Radiography
    I thought you did Nuclear Medicine? Are you doing an MSc in Diagnostic Radiography?

ReputationRep:
    Has its pros and cons, sometimes I loathe my family
    Yeah, I can relate. Hopefully, they are not too literal on the "shipping you back to Pakistan" part.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mizuz)
    Yeah, I can relate. Hopefully, they are not too literal on the "shipping you back to Pakistan" part.
    Haha :laugh: it is just a joke they do!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.