Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Confident with full marks on AQA reading but AQA listening was terrible. Me and the other girls who did it got the same answers so hopefully I got stuff right, but overall it was really hard. No easy straight-forward question

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel reading was amazing. I think boundary might increase one to 33. So far it's been 32 every year since they did it.

Listening was weird...but not tooooo bad.. similar to last year's and last year was 33...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erosesme)
    oOh my god no way twins!!! hahaha thats creepy yeah me too! god sake chanter that is such an obvious one aswell, i blame the recording!! im sure we will have done ok! whats your next exam?
    I know! It was something like Chanteuse because Sofia is a girl?? My next one is Chemistry on Thursday, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lily~)
    Omg!! Good news: Reading Paper (Higher Edexcel) was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The easiest **** I've ever attempted.

Bad news: Listening paper. Need I say more?
    WHY OH WHY OH WHY.
    I did higher listening and foundation reading, OH HOW I WISH PICKED foundation listening and higher reading. On the foundation reading i am 90% sure i got full marks not even kidding it was that easy and i'm not even good at french! Edexcel just spoon fed me the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver_sloth)
    I wish, that was the only question I remembered and was sure on. The gap fill killed me, I spent so much time learning tricks and grammar to answer that one and I couldn't use any of it. I just hope my guesses will pay off
    Me too! It was an 8 marker aswell wasn't it? It was harsh considering layouts for past papers, I guessed most of them too!!

ReputationRep:
    The AQA grade boundaries for listening must be low, that listening exam was just horrendous!, reading was manageable though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    What? Why WJEC ? Why is the grade boundaries so high? Well at least I got 150 for that question so there's some hope! Did you like the papers?
    My teacher said the test last year was perceived as easier and in comparison to older papers it was. I dunno how this year will hold up tho but I have a feeling it will be pretty high.

I think I did ok on both papers but i definitely didn't get 37!

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon the AQA listening was harder than the June '13 listening - where the A* boundary was 25/40?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u.sha)
    yeah same, which tier did you do?
    Higher Tier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonSeed)
    I did the edexcel one earlier and I felt like the reading was very easy. Unfortunately I had a lot of trouble with the listening but I think I've still managed an A in both
    Me too, I found the reading scarily easy and the listening quite difficult 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lily~)
    Omg!! Good news: Reading Paper (Higher Edexcel) was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The easiest **** I've ever attempted.

Bad news: Listening paper. Need I say more?
    WHY OH WHY OH WHY.
    ^Literally what was going through my head in the exam, I really want to try and find an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_infires)
    It was definitely not what I expected and I don't think I'll be getting as high of a mark I was aspiring for. And that one about new years! Why are they asking me to justify my solutions all of a sudden ffs?! I swear I think the exam boards are just ****ing with us since we're the last year to do the "old" GCSEs. First I had a whole paper about bees for English Language and now a paper about selfies in French. Great. Just great.
    ARMYYY!! Lol we really are everywhere

And omg when they gave us the five minutes in the beginning I looked through the paper and what like WTF😂😂what has selfies got to do with French

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am Set 1 French at leicester grammar school and stupidly hard would be an understatement

ReputationRep:
    France's Eurovision song J'ai cherché saved me on the Enzo cat question after finding out Chercher meant 'to find' 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I think I did so bad on the edexcel French listening. Anyone have an unofficial Mark scheme? 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrancescaTinson)
    I did the OCR paper! The listening was awful! The french dude's voice was so quiet and quick!
    The question 5 he was talking so fast it was not understandable even for french people

ReputationRep:
    I did the OCR paper, how was it?
    (Original post by nahyr)
    I can find nobody who did the OCR french listening and reading paper it just seems to be me

ReputationRep:
    The volumes were messed up!! When the french was being said, the volume totally lowered and when we we turned it up the bass was so high that the cd player just rattled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    I did the OCR paper, how was it?
    The listening paper was harder than the reading paper especially the last two questions on the listening. I'm itching to know what I got.

ReputationRep:
    The AQA exam was undoubtedly the hardest French exam I've ever done. Why in god's name did they put 4 non-multiple choice questions in the test, and have two next to each other??? I've been wanting an A* and that's what I got for my mocks but an A will be fine now.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.