Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    5x2=7

ReputationRep:
    Geography GCSE this year, question asked how vegetation had adapted to survive in a desert, i wrote a whole paragraph about the Fennec Fox before realising that it wasn't vegetation

ReputationRep:
    In the biology exam I accidently put alcahol as an illegal drug without actually reading the question..

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    My GCSE Geography exam, a hot summer's day in 2012.

The question was: 'Write about a big change in your area and how it has affected your area (3 marks)'.

Mind went blank.

It was a cue to talk about the Olympics.

I made something up about parks.

Ended up with 359/400 for Geography (89.75%).

ReputationRep:
    i didnt write my final answer in the answer box

ReputationRep:
    2 x -2 = -2

Once in a 3 hour exam I messed up my timings so that I thought I was almost out of time and rushed to finish. Finished that exam in 1 and a half hours. Moral of the story: learn to read analogue clocks.

ReputationRep:
    Called the examiner 'mum'.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Joke. I called him dad.

ReputationRep:
    Writing a ten mark essay on duty of care in law then realising that it was between the wrong people....10 marks gone...deffo reading questions 3 times now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    GCSE OCR computing, 270UMS out of a total 300UMS for the A*.
    Hahahah ahhh well at least it wasn't A-level than, would have been a lot more annoying however I can understand your pain haha :P

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, any of the rubbish I've made up for wjec poetry, especially today. Genuinely didn't realise it was about prostitution.
    In my philosophy exam, the first question was 'give one teaching about marriage' my mind went totally blank.
    Also, in my maths mock i didn't have a compass and decided to draw the loci question freehand... got 3/3 and my best friend, who did it properly, only got 2 xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyale)
    Writing a ten mark essay on duty of care in law then realising that it was between the wrong people....10 marks gone...deffo reading questions 3 times now
    Ouch... I did something similar in Law01 when I wrote about the Practice statement for one question on Precedent, then moved onto the next question and wrote half of the next answer then had to go back when I realised the PS question also asked about distinguishing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99joey)
    Hahahah ahhh well at least it wasn't A-level than, would have been a lot more annoying however I can understand your pain haha :P
    Definitely would have been worse had it been A level - but I was more annoyed at the unfair marking and how some markers would have been more lenient than the actual grade. It being so tantalisingly close to the boundary and over such a silly thing made it so frustrating though.

ReputationRep:
    hannah has -9 sweets

ReputationRep:
    Today, in economics, I wrote my ten mark question as if it was the 25 mark essay... Totally over killed it and wasted loads of time >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Ouch... I did something similar in Law01 when I wrote about the Practice statement for one question on Precedent, then moved onto the next question and wrote half of the next answer then had to go back when I realised the PS question also asked about distinguishing
    At least you realised, i finished LAW02 ten mins early sitting there like an idiot....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigeon26)
    In yesterday's Religious Studies exam I chose the wrong question and managed to answer a 27 mark part to my paper that we hadn't studied
    lmaoo aqa rs right? Every year some don does that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyale)
    At least you realised, i finished LAW02 ten mins early sitting there like an idiot....
    Had to rush Crim Courts though because it took me like 10 mins extra to finish precedent so I didn't get all the marks I was capable of

Posting a question on Tsr asking for help on a physics question.
    I didn't understand why if the resistance is 0, the voltage is 0 when V=IR

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a mistake exactly. In GCSE two years ago in physics it asked to name a transformer. My mind went blank so I wrote Optimus Prime.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.