Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Thin I probably scored quite low on the translation. I am hoping that with the essay and my oral which i felt really well and my teacher said she thinks it was an A, I am hoping i can scrape an A but not sure. This year i reckon it will be 80/98 for an A on the written paper.
    Yeah I think it will be around 79-80/98 because it was, in my opinion harder than last years GN2 and it was 82 last year for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal1234)
    Yeah I think it will be around 79-80/98 because it was, in my opinion harder than last years GN2 and it was 82 last year for an A
    yeah, I reckon it will be 79/80 too as it was defo harder than last year. Hope my oral exam gives me some leverage though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal1234)
    I am, I retook GN2 to pick up a few extra UMS to take pressure off GN4
    Can we start a thread on GN4? How are you preparing for it..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examstuffxoxo)
    I am in y12, how much harder is a2 in comparison to AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examstuffxoxo)
    Yeah that would be a good idea, I'm doing practice essay questions and learning vocab and past papers in general

ReputationRep:
    I am in y12, how much harder is a2 in comparison to AS
    I think the oral is pretty much the same difficulty, the paper is definitely harder as the essay requires a lot of analysis on a specific play or film and there's the 25 marker translation of English to German, overall you just need to have your grammar sorted at A2 as it matters a lot more but other than that it's enjoyable

ReputationRep:
    I think this was the hardest paper there has been though I still think I have done quite well well average.. Essay I did on the intertrail tour and i am happy with that. i know i got 4/5 on grammer. The translations were hard. The listening- some of my answers- already braught presents, time with family, try new foods and buy unusual things, help other people, thats all i remember...

Did you relate all these to interrail/Europe? I talked about these too but I didn't directly say about when you travel through Europe, just when you travel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney1999)
    Did you relate all these to interrail/Europe? I talked about these too but I didn't directly say about when you travel through Europe, just when you travel...
    i don't think the essay was specifically meant for the tour more of the whole idea of 'uraub'. But at the end of each point e.g- going on a tour may mean having more fun which is important as the work place is stressful, i would go- deshalb glaube ich, dass es wichtig ist, eine Inter trail Tour durch Europa zu erfahren (e.g).

I kinda just integrated it into my arguments and spoke about the cost of going on a tour etc but it was more about Urlaub in general.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think the essay was specifically meant for the tour more of the whole idea of 'uraub'. But at the end of each point e.g- going on a tour may mean having more fun which is important as the work place is stressful, i would go- deshalb glaube ich, dass es wichtig ist, eine Inter trail Tour durch Europa zu erfahren (e.g).

I kinda just integrated it into my arguments and spoke about the cost of going on a tour etc but it was more about Urlaub in general.
    I really hope so! I didn't do what you did and do the deshalb thing specifically about interrail or Europa, but I did do it for travel, for example

Als Folge, denke ich, dass es wichtig zu fahren ist.

Do you think that will suffice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney1999)
    I really hope so! I didn't do what you did and do the deshalb thing specifically about interrail or Europa, but I did do it for travel, for example

Als Folge, denke ich, dass es wichtig zu fahren ist.

Do you think that will suffice?
    I am no expert but i would presume you will be completely fine as it was more directed too 'urlaub' in general.

For my first arg- going on tour may make us more tolerant to the terrosim and racism that is happening in todays society and it is important to have fun and spend time with family and friends as work place can be stressful.

2nd arg- financial burdon for some and that may be a problem, unusual place may be dangerous etc.

Conclusion- we should expirence a tour in order to become more accepting to other cultures etc in the modern society.

i used lots of grammar e.g wenn ich mehr Geld hätte, würde ich dieses Urlaub probieren...

Does mine sounds good to you?? Yours sounds good to me, I wouldnt worry at all mate.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions for the AS guys?? I am feeling nervous also. How much leverage would a high scoring oral get me? I am hoping it will be 79 for an A. I am really not sure if I have got a B or an A. It is unfair though in my opinion, that some oral cards defo seem harder than others.

ReputationRep:
    78 for an A... i was hoping it would be 20 for an A tbfh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    78 for an A... i was hoping it would be 20 for an A tbfh
    how did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone get on?

ReputationRep:
    how did you get on?
    I got a C overall - I'm 1 UMS off a B though so I'm defo putting it in for a remark. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I got a C overall - I'm 1 UMS off a B though so I'm defo putting it in for a remark. What about you?
    Well done! I got a B with 158 Ums so went for remark but didn't go up. Retaking written paper next year though so I am happy.

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I got a B with 158 Ums so went for remark but didn't go up. Retaking written paper next year though so I am happy.
    that's amazing! annoying you didn't go up though - did you get the paper or the speaking remarked? still amazing result though well done!

ReputationRep:
    that's amazing! annoying you didn't go up though - did you get the paper or the speaking remarked? still amazing result though well done!
    I went for a remark on the written paper as I got 86 ums in that one but my speaking exam was really good as i got 72 ums which was 56/60 raw marks. Retaking written exam though. What film and book are you studying this year?

ReputationRep:
    I went for a remark on the written paper as I got 86 ums in that one but my speaking exam was really good as i got 72 ums which was 56/60 raw marks. Retaking written exam though. What film and book are you studying this year?
    omg your speaking mark is so good! i'm not carrying it on this year haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 11, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.