Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiamendes)
    If i got 0.8 x £15m = £12m
    £12m - £5m = £7m

0.2 x -£4.5m = -£9m
    -£9m - £5m = -£14m

How many marks would this be? I'm not sure how people got £6.1m
    You'd get no marks for calculations unfortunately, however if you made a judgement based on the data you got, you should still pick up marks, the bulk of the marks wasn't for the calculations, but for the recommendation based on the calculations. (Doing the calculations correctly would've helped though.) you would get more marks for doing the calculation wrong and giving a suggestion than if you got the calculations correct but didn't answer the question. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    If i got 0.8 x £15m = £12m
    £12m - £5m = £7m

0.2 x -£4.5m = -£9m
    -£9m - £5m = -£14m

How many marks would this be? I'm not sure how people got £6.1m
    Hopefully you should get 1 or 2 marks.

0.8 * 15m = 12m
    0.2 * - 4.5m = - 0.9m

12m - 0.9m = 11.1 m
    11.1m - 5m = 6. 1 m

Net gain= 6.1 million

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's predictions for the second paper

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwinnbrown)
    Yep pretty confident on that one.

I got 30.6% for the roi one...
    i got 30.6% aswell and rounded it to 31%. everyone is saying something else?

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the case study questions? e.g. debt factoring..

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, or did this exam seem quite short to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saltireman)
    Is it me, or did this exam seem quite short to anyone else?
    Short and easy😂 Except just messed up the decision trees, forgot to do £12m - £0.9m! Oh well it's fine

ReputationRep:
    Yep, did exactly that, then I wrote about it because I thought it seemed almost too simple for something like a 5-mark question, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moe889)
    i got 30.6% aswell and rounded it to 31%. everyone is saying something else?
    Is this the 'percentage return per annum' question? If so, I got 23.18%, but wrote it as 23%. Did it by adding together the revenue and reduction in costs, which equalled to £79,000, then subtracted the other cost, which was something like £28,000 and then divided the original cost for the technology of £220,000 into that figure and multiplied by 100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ileanaa)
    what did everyone put for the case study questions? e.g. debt factoring..
    For the debt factoring question, I just taked about the fact that it offered immediate rises in cash flow, enabling the business to offer customers a longer period of time to pay back and therefore leading to loyal customers and repeat purchases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGooner)
    For the debt factoring question, I just taked about the fact that it offered immediate rises in cash flow, enabling the business to offer customers a longer period of time to pay back and therefore leading to loyal customers and repeat purchases.
    Yeah put the exact same thing! I put like benefits in short term and so customers can become more loyal too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDFSDFFSDFF)
    I'm here Now: (I'll Keep adding answers over the next hour)

Q1) Fixed Cost
    Q2) Maslow: First ego/esteem then Actualisation
    Q3) Re-Order Level 30 Units
    Q4) ROI: 23.2 % (23 IS FINE) (Common Practice to round up Recurring decimal in that form)
    Q5) Decision tree COO: 5M EV:11.1 NG: 6.1M Therefore recommend commencing the plan
    Q6) PROCESS IS PART OF MARKETING MIX
    Q7) Labour pro and Unit cost both rise as (25>20)
    Q8) Payables Money owed by Business to SUPPLIErS (CREDITORS)

Remind me of the questions and ill tell you the answers!
    Surely for q2 it was D which said safety comes before actualisation or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwinnbrown)
    Surely for q2 it was D which said safety comes before actualisation or something?
    Na, I swear that one was like safety before physiology, which is incorrect as physical needs are at the bottom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDFSDFFSDFF)
    I'm here Now: (I'll Keep adding answers over the next hour)

Q1) Fixed Cost
    Q2) Maslow: First ego/esteem then Actualisation
    Q3) Re-Order Level 30 Units
    Q4) ROI: 23.2 % (23 IS FINE) (Common Practice to round up Recurring decimal in that form)
    Q5) Decision tree COO: 5M EV:11.1 NG: 6.1M Therefore recommend commencing the plan
    Q6) PROCESS IS PART OF MARKETING MIX
    Q7) Labour pro and Unit cost both rise as (25>20)
    Q8) Payables Money owed by Business to SUPPLIErS (CREDITORS)

Remind me of the questions and ill tell you the answers!
    Ah, crap. Put LP rises, and Unit Costs fall because I thought saying they both rose would've been to obvious, and economies of scale, etc...
    Otherwise, I got these right, from memory.

ReputationRep:
    Na, I swear that one was like safety before physiology, which is incorrect as physical needs are at the bottom?
    Nope the order goes physiological, safety, social, esteem and self-actualisation

ReputationRep:
    Ah, crap. Put LP rises, and Unit Costs fall because I thought saying they both rose would've been to obvious, and economies of scale, etc...
    Otherwise, I got these right, from memory.
    Oh, and other questions, before the case studies, included 'Country Club' management from the Mouton Blake grid, debt factoring for long-term trade credit from customers. Can't really remember the other multiple choice questions, though.

ReputationRep:
    Nope the order goes physiological, safety, social, esteem and self-actualisation
    Yeah, exactly. Therefore "safety comes before physiology" is incorrect, which I think was the one that they were on about.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what major topics weren't on this paper? i can barely remember the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10deane)
    Hey, what major topics weren't on this paper? i can barely remember the exam
    Elasticity
    Shareholders/Stakeholders
    Sampling
    Primary/Secondary research
    7P's (There was a multiple choice Q, but I reckon it could come up as a longer mark question in paper 2)
    Distribution channels
    E-commerce
    Lean production
    Quality
    Inventory and Supply chains
    Cash flow
    Budgeting
    Break-even
    Other Sources of Finance
    HR data
    Motivation and Engagement

A few of these may have appeared briefly, and I don't know what could come up, but I'd still expect to see some of these. And the others, alongside these, would be about financial objectives, external/internal factors, etc... stuff like that. Hope this is of any help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.