Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4095295

ReputationRep:
    Yh I think I did good but it A I dunno I got most of the question I'm annoyed I missed out question 2 and that discriminany one where we have to proove that p quadratic but if I do better in c2 which usually I do and also do better in S1 there is still hope for an A especially becaue s1 has lowest boundaries usually

ReputationRep:
    Think c2 is going to be really hard too or...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpify)
    Here's a slightly better version.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3A...ew?usp=sharing
    Brilliant thanks for sharing!! Will add the link in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakboi21)
    3 marks
    defo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hokage9)
    How low do you think they will make the boundaries? Questions 9-11 were so tricky for me, this is so demoralising.
    Don't feel demoralised!! It was universally a tough paper no doubt, don't stress it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Damn you have a good memory. That's sick!
    For 9C i got £1050 but I may have messed up on it.
    For 11 C and D I got the Y to equal 1/2 and D I got 17x-2y + 35 =0 so again I may have messed up.
    For 10c : I am pretty sure that it is 162/3 units^2 and not 76 via splitting it into a trapezium and triangle.
    I agree with the simultaneous equations - I definitely got answers like that.
    Thanks for remembering Q11 A I agree with that and they for the rest I got the same!
    I agree with 11 (c) and (d), don't think you messed up... Unless it was -35 rather than +35, can't quite remember.
    I almost agree with 10 (c), I got 163/3 rather than 162/3; there was actually an easy way of splitting into two triangles:
    - triangle OPQ (where the base was the y-coordinate of P and the height was the x-coordinate of Q) with an area of 3 if I remember correctly
    - triangle OQR (where the base was the x-coordinate of R and the height was the y-coordinate of Q), with an area of 154/3. Add the two together and you get 163/3.
    As for 9 (c), I got £1710.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, really disappointed, think I might get about 85 UMS, which makes me feel rubbish knowing I got full marks in the June 2015 paper I did yesterday... ah well, onwards and upwards, do you think C2 will be harder too? Or maybe they might compensate by making it a tad easier?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me the marks for each question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barklimus)
    Bro, this has literally made my ****ing day. Apart from the area question with that ****ing quadrilateral, I got most of what you got. (SIGH OF RELIEF) I might just be able to put Oxford on the offers list. Thanks so much.
    No problem bro glad you have got similar answers !!! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    anybody know how many marks:
    8.a)
    9.b)
    10.c)
    were each?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    HI everyone, Arsey's solutions are here :yay:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishpie)
    For Question 10) c, I got 163/3 or something, but I'm not sure about that. I found where L2 crossed the y-axis, called that S, then found area of triangle PQS, which I subtracted from the bigger triangle OSR. Sorry, I can't explain very well without diagrams or anything. But 163/3 is a weird answer, so I'm probably wrong... :/

I did the same method as you - i'm pretty sure i got 163/3 and I can't see where that method could've gone wrong !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobmarly024)
    for question 10 everyone including me from my school got 163/3 which is 54.33333.
    I got that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM45367)
    EDEXCEL C1:
    Q1) 2/5X^3-8X^1/2+3X+C
    Q2) y=6X+2
    Q3)a) 2root 2
    b) 3root 6
    Q4a) stretch in y-direction by scale factor 3.
    b) translate by vector (0,-4) (downwards)
    Q5) X=-1/7 ; Y= -1/3 X=-3/7 ; Y=1/3
    Q6)a) A2= 5-4K A3= 5-5K+4K^2
    B) 4K^2-9k+1
    C)I) I forgot to do again lol
    C)II) 500 (OMFG WAT WAS THIS?!)
    Q7)dy/dx= 6X+2X^-2/3+X^1/2+7/6(X^3/2)
    Q8)a) proof of inequality- had to substitute the 2 equations and the discriminant<0
    b) 1/2<P<9/2
    Q9)a) £225
    b) £180
    c) £1710
    d) 18 years from 10 years old so 27 years old
    Q10)a) 5Y+3X-44=0 b) R: (44/3,0) c) area of Quad: 76 units (this proved extremely difficult when splitting into 2 triangles, so I split in 2 triangles and a rectangle)
    Q11)a) dy/dx= 6X^2+2KX+5
    b) K=41/8=5.125
    c) y co-ordinate- 49/2
    D) 2y-17x-83=0

give the correct answer if any of these are wrong and ill edit it
    For 11)c, I got -81/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan98)
    Oops nevermind
    It was 44/3 i think. Thats what i got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (URIAH))
    How did you get 4k^2-9k+17. I got 4k^2-9k+14

i literally did 4+5-4k+5-5k+4k^2
    It's because the sum was of ar +1, so you have to add one onto every term, so sum to three means you had to add 3. I got +14 first, then I realised and changed it to +17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Don't feel demoralised!! It was universally a tough paper no doubt, don't stress it!!
    Awww thank you, I needed a bit of encouragement. It's only because I am in year 13 but i failed my Alevels miserably last year, so i decided to restart year 12 again. Hopefully c2 and s1 will be fine, i plan to drop maths anyways but i dont know if its a good idea...

ReputationRep:
    The 2016 paper was my resit after taking my AS exams last year, and even tho i got 100% on the 2015 paper a few days ago, at the time and as soon as we came out from the exam last year, it was the hardest thing anyone had ever seen. I was straight on the student room and people were saying C2 might be easier to compensate but dont get your hopes up cos it wasnt easier in the slightest. The grade boundaries didnt get lowered either so i wouldnt expect them to for this one, dont want to stress anyone out but i dont think C2 this year will be any easier!!

ReputationRep:
    It is Edexcel
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    What exam board is this for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.