Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Latin GCSE Official Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would translating astrologorum as singular instead of plural be a major or minor error?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlinyTheElder)
    Thanks. I put "he asked for their plan" so I presume that means I lose the mark?
    I just realised I think I put 'made their plan' or something but I can't really remember does that mean I would lose a mark!?

ReputationRep:
    Would translating astrologorum as singular instead of plural be a major or minor error?
    Only I minor I think

ReputationRep:
    Definitely minor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzz13)
    I just realised I think I put 'made their plan' or something but I can't really remember does that mean I would lose a mark!?
    I am seriously forgetful... was that in the comprehension or the translation?

Also was it 1 or 2 marks? Because a harsh mark-scheme could drop you 2, if that was what it was worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UmbralArbiter)
    I think in the comprehension but tbh I can't remember what I put or what the Latin was!!! Also which set texts are you studying?

ReputationRep:

Also was it 1 or 2 marks? Because a harsh mark-scheme could drop you 2, if that was what it was worth.
    It was in the comprehension for one mark

ReputationRep:
    I think in the comprehension but tbh I can't remember what I put or what the Latin was!!! Also which set texts are you studying?
    I'm doing Virgil's Aeneid IX and a sources paper (instead of a 2nd set text).
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Virgil's Aeneid IX and a sources paper (instead of a 2nd set text)
    Ah ok! On OCR can u find any past papers on Virgil because I think the one from last year must have been a different piece?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Ovid and Catullus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok! On OCR can u find any past papers on Virgil because I think the one from last year must have been a different piece?!
    There's only the one past paper from last year, but it is on the Aeneid IX thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    There's only the one past paper from last year, but it is on the Aeneid IX thankfully.
    Yeah? Would you mind posting a link because I can't find it anywhere aha

ReputationRep:
    Searching for a digital copy right now

ReputationRep:
    I can dm you the questions if you'd like, but I can't find it online; I only have a physical copy.

ReputationRep:
    Searching for a digital copy right now
    Won't be online as they know schools use it for mocks!

ReputationRep:
    I put "They easily crushed a few slaves, who had been left behind to save the mistress" - but this was the other bit I wasn't sure about...
    I feel stupid now- I put "the slaves, who were tired [don't ask] from having worked for the mistress, were pushed easily.

ReputationRep:
    The "peteret" was rather awkward; I put "to carry out his plan", because when you read on, it is actually Acitenus who kills her, or whatever his name was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tc2234)
    What did you get for
    "Hic me vulnera"
    I got wound me here. I don't not why OCR chose assisted sucide as their story but they what about you ??

ReputationRep:
    What you guys thinking for overall grade boundaries?? I reckon 52/60 for A* in latin paper 1, and (cos it was a bit hard) maybe 48/60 in paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dance25)
    Anyone doing Ovid and Catullus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.