Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Garage is one of my favourite genres on a night out. Future garage I love too, stuff like Burial if you'd consider that future garage.
    Burial is in a league of his own, tbf. Nice to see a fan on here!

On topic (Burial couldn't be considered 'Summer' music in a month of Sundays!)

ReputationRep:

Good classic from 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl3b7dDBLpo
    Underrated Calvin Harris song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Thought I would post some Garage. For me Garage music is summer.
    I agree with this sentiment.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not so much your tune selection though.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Other than Neighborhood and the song I posted earlier (Dancing ft Omar), I'm not a massive fan of Zed Bias, I've only listened to one LP but found it pretty terrible. Is there any other good songs??
    I dunno man, those are just tracks I remember from when I was a kid :cool:

I would have posted some Pied Piper, Shanks & Bigfoot etc but they were too obvious.

Some absolute classics you've listed there. Garage is one of my favourite genres on a night out. Future garage I love too, stuff like Burial if you'd consider that future garage.
    Would say Burial is more like chilled Dubstep. At least the stuff I've heard is.

Future Garage recs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    I agree with this sentiment.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not so much your tune selection though.
    which ones do you not like.

My Garage knowledge isn't as on point as it is with Grime. I am a Grime encyclopedia tbf.

ReputationRep:
    Great song
    Always reminds me of being a kid, in my dad's old convertible with the roof down flying down the motorway, wind blowing through my hair just enjoying the tunes

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Always reminds me of being a kid, in my dad's old convertible with the roof down flying down the motorway, wind blowing through my hair just enjoying the tunes
    Posh ****

ReputationRep:
    I dunno man, those are just tracks I remember from when I was a kid :cool:

I would have posted some Pied Piper, Shanks & Bigfoot etc but they were too obvious.

Would say Burial is more like chilled Dubstep. At least the stuff I've heard is.

Future Garage recs?

I'd say Burials' recent stuff is more future garagey, tempo is quite fast.

It's a pretty dark subgenre, not very summery. This is on the lighter, slower side of it. I'd say it's not even FG until much later on in the video but he does make some good tracks. Need good speakers to really appreciate it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CE3KnBxpXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YHC69wa9JA To all you guys recommending One Dance, this is the original. Funky House Classic.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJTzjBd35wg

another funky house classic.

ReputationRep:
    You've got me listening to Sweet Like Chocolate now.

To music lovers, Garage always takes us back. Such nostalgia

ReputationRep:

Gotta have some marshmello in your life!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Burials' recent stuff is more future garagey, tempo is quite fast.
    I've only heard his first album, which I rate. But it's one of them for me that I need to be in the right mood to listen to it. Like post rock or other chilled stuff.

It's a pretty dark subgenre, not very summery. This is on the lighter, slower side of it. I'd say it's not even FG until much later on in the video but he does make some good tracks. Need good speakers to really appreciate it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CE3KnBxpXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YHC69wa9JA To all you guys recommending One Dance, this is the original. Funky House Classic.
    Big up, will check all of this out.

ReputationRep:
    Juicy is the ultimate summer anthem.

ReputationRep:
    Posh ****
    Far from posh tbh :rofl: He and his pals were seriously into modding - it was a Ford Fiesta and they'd basically sawn the roof off of it and put a soft-top on, did a ****ing brilliant job of it tbf. Also lowered the suspension and put spoilers and a bodykit on it. Insurers seemed to be a hell of a lot more lenient on these things back in the 90s :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)

hezzlington
    Remember the dance to that song? Hehe good ol days when we were young and cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Remember the dance to that song? Hehe good ol days when we were young and cute.
    Shawn's entrance always got me jigging around the living room :rofl: Did you ever hear the Vince McMahon version? It's unclear whether it was supposed to be a demo or to actually be used as Shawn's theme originally, but obviously it never ended up getting used.

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Wtf is he saying? :rofl:
    I only understood "dunya". :emo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.