• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Aww, I've considered a degree with OU, is it good?
    I start with them in october but from my contact with them so far, they've been brilliant, i managed to get my disability support done in 2 phone calls which really impressed me
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Last I checked I was page 6, fancy swapping my rep is holding me back ? yes it's normally ordered by rep then posts.
    If I could, you'd be welcome to it :yes:

I had 9 gems for as long as I can remember. I was shocked when I got the 10th :moon:

As long as you are consistent you will end up on the first page as each generation will quickly surpass the last due to inflation.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Aww, I've considered a degree with OU, is it good?

Thank you, this will be interesting!
    I think your interest will dissipate swiftly, but it is certainly something that is many magnitudes more interesting the first time you look at it than it is any subsequent time.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    If I could, you'd be welcome to it :yes:

I had 9 gems for as long as I can remember. I was shocked when I got the tenth :moon:

As long as you are consistent you will end up on the first page as each generation will quickly surpass the last due to inflation.
    I m only 3000 off 10 gems, so in for a long wait before i hit page 1 especially as 11 gemers are becoming more common :P
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I start with them in october but from my contact with them so far, they've been brilliant, i managed to get my disability support done in 2 phone calls which really impressed me
    Aw that is really good. See I would do that but I want to experience the social side of university.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I think your interest will dissipate swiftly, but it is certainly something that is many magnitudes more interesting the first time you look at it than it is any subsequent time.
    It did confuse me at first! When I went on the second page it was full of people with negative gems.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Aw that is really good. See I would do that but I want to experience the social side of university.
    Although I met some people and met my boyfriend at uni otherwise i didnt go to uni for the social side at all, but can understand why you'd want to go to a brick uni to experience it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I m only 3000 off 10 gems, so in for a long wait before i hit page 1 especially as 11 gemers are becoming more common :P
    Well, over my last active period I averaged roughly 200 rep per day. This means, assuming you did the same, you'd hit the next gem in a couple of weeks. Beyond that I don't know exactly what you need but I am at the bottom of page one and have 17.X k last time I looked which wouldn't take long for you to hit, especially as you could no doubt average a higher amount per day than I did due to your higher activity. :dontknow:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    11,550, which is bad as I had 1200 posts the year before

To be fair, 800 of those were on one day on this thread
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It did confuse me at first! When I went on the second page it was full of people with negative gems.
    It is poorly coded so you often have to oscillate between options to end up where you want to be. It has been that way for a long time.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Well, over my last active period I averaged roughly 200 rep per day. This means, assuming you did the same, you'd hit the next gem in a couple of weeks. Beyond that I don't know exactly what you need but I am at the bottom of page one and have 17.X k last time I looked which wouldn't take long for you to hit, especially as you could no doubt average a higher amount per day than I did due to your higher activity. :dontknow:
    I certainly never average 200 rep per day, i think possibility the highest rep i ever had in one day was 150. Hitting it in a couple of months is possibility i guess.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    11,550, which is bad as I had 1200 posts the year before

To be fair, 800 of those were on one day on this thread
    You are the thread winner, congratulations:P The lure of an amazon voucher, is probably why my post count is so high with the VIP team.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You are the thread winner, congratulations:P The lure of an amazon voucher, is probably why my post count is so high with the VIP team.
    Yesss the vouchers are so useful.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Although I met some people and met my boyfriend at uni otherwise i didnt go to uni for the social side at all, but can understand why you'd want to go to a brick uni to experience it
    Aww. See I'm going to university for the education, social side second because I feel like people I know aren't on my level.

It is poorly coded so you often have to oscillate between options to end up where you want to be. It has been that way for a long time.
    I know, it looks confusing and some of it needs explaining in more detail and sometimes it doesn't even go in order.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Probably close to 5 million

In all seriousness though, I'm guessing anywhere between 5 and 8 thousand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I certainly never average 200 rep per day, i think possibility the highest rep i ever had in one day was 150. Hitting it in a couple of months is possibility i guess.
    I have no idea what my one day record is, but I think my one post record is a few hundred :dontknow:

You can do it - I believe in you

ReputationRep:
    About 1175.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not many compared to most people here, but quality is more important than quantity. :yep:

Well, over my last active period I averaged roughly 200 rep per day
    I'd be lucky to get that in a month! :lol: :getmecoat:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    3442 (averaging over 9 per day). So this time last year I had a post count of 1001 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I started posting this time last year... so as of this moment, it's 7059 :cute:

(so close, I first guessed 7060 :lol:)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.