The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Unit 1 26th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the one about what the people should not eat/drink I said they shouldn't consume anything containing lactose.
for the one about why it was taking in morning I said higher metabolic rate in the morning/more active in morning,
Original post by Kira Yagami
for the one about why it was taking in morning I said higher metabolic rate in the morning/more active in morning,

Cmon guys what are your predictions for grade boundaries??

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the heart one

The first letter was ( aorta)

Second was vena cava right.
2.8 micro meters for the actual length

AYYY THE ONE TIME I GET IT RIGHT
my ruler wasnt long enough i had a set square and started panicking
A = 45
b=42

I also put down they cant rate their symptoms throughout the day since theyll be asleep? ?
Lol what did you guys put for the second last question
For the Fev one about suggest 2 things which would reduce FEv.

I put reduced elasticity of the alvieloi

Less surface area because of scar tissue/alevloi broken down.

same 👍
Any unofficial mark schemes?
The second last one.
Just talk about sodium ions and how they are used e.g. AT into the blood, creating diffusion gradient, Sodium ions move in with glucose using co-transport protein, conc gradient of sodium is used to transport glucose against its conc gradient. Glucose conc increases in cells, then passes in blood through channel protein via FD.
Nicer paper than last year as more content.
Could not think of 5 mark points for the last 5 marker on diffusion of chloride ions and oxygen
I don't think many people did this exams, I wonder if the GB will be lower than usual?
how did you draw the graph at 15 degree?
The second last one.
Just talk about sodium ions and how they are used e.g. AT into the blood, creating diffusion gradient, Sodium ions move in with glucose using co-transport protein, conc gradient of sodium is used to transport glucose against its conc gradient. Glucose conc increases in cells, then passes in blood through channel protein via FD.

Question was talking about into epitheilal cells not blood. Could get penalised.
Reply 75
Easy paper! Other than the last 5 markers, they were crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
It was better than last year's exam. The 5 markers were strange though, and I bulshitted my way through the lipase questions.
Reply 77
Original post by A2LEVELSHELPME
how did you draw the graph at 15 degree?

Takes longer to reach the same level

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the last question:

Phospholipid bilayer has polar phosphate head which would repel the chlorine and are hydrophilic

It has fatty acid tails which are hydrophobic.

Oxygen can pass through because it is a small, non-polar molecule, via diffusion.

Chlorine requires channel protein because it has a charge.

Yeah it was a bit weird, but sometimes they award marks for saying specific words e.g. diffusion/phospholipid bilayer.
Can anyone please make an unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending