Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE 1C Unofficial Mark Scheme 19th May 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Very easy
    13.97%
    Easy
    28.19%
    Okay
    43.87%
    Hard
    10.78%
    Very hard
    3.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puredbest)
    For q14 b) wouldn't 0.08 moles on the reactants side and the reactants being 2x, make the reactants be 4 times as much as the product?
    I may be completely wrong, but in the exam I started to write equation 3 but then realised that 2x 0.08 would make 0.16 and the product would still be 0.4.
    Can anyone clarify, because I'm not really sure?
    it was the reactant that had 2 in front of it which means it was 2 x 0.04 = 0.08

(Original post by gameofno)
    Omg I THOUGHT WHEN THEY SAID NEAREST 0.5 DEGREES THEY MEANT LIKE ROUND IT UP. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I DID THE EXACT SAME THING
    but I realised when there was a few minutes left bc I was thinking about whether I put ".0" on the end and then I realised what rounding to 0.5 actually means :eek:

ReputationRep:
    For 11. e) I think the question was fairly vague, something like, draw the formula of something that could be formed when bromine reacts with an alkane, so I think more than one bromine may be ok.
    I'm no expert so I may be wrong, but I put 3 bromines, one on each carbon atom.
    I know this molecule does exist, (tribromopropane) but I'm just hoping someone can clarify the answer for this one?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What's the answer to the carbon soot question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    it was the reactant that had 2 in front of it which means it was 2 x 0.04 = 0.08

but I realised when there was a few minutes left bc I was thinking about whether I put ".0" on the end and then I realised what rounding to 0.5 actually means :eek:
    I thought the reactant had 0.08 moles?

ReputationRep:

cant wait till i die. how many marks am i gonna lose on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe010300)
    For the equation for H2 +O2, the answer is water.
    However, would H202 (hydrogen peroxide) be correct
    Its 2H2 + O2-> 2H2O isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    For 11. e) I think the question was fairly vague, something like, draw the formula of something that could be formed when bromine reacts with an alkane, so I think more than one bromine may be ok.
    I'm no expert so I may be wrong, but I put 3 bromines, one on each carbon atom.
    I know this molecule does exist, (tribromopropane) but I'm just hoping someone can clarify the answer for this one?
    Thanks
    yeah someone pls help because i put 2 bromines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amkay)
    What's the answer to the carbon soot question?
    soot was formed because there was incomplete combustion (which produces carbon)

i don't know why that explained the energy difference but i said that energy went towards forming the soot instead of heating the water?
    that is probably completely wrong

and another reason was because heat was lost to the surroundings, which always happens in calorimetry experiments

^that was all question 10 i think?

I thought the reactant had 0.08 moles?
    yeah it did, and in the equation it had 2 in front of it which means it had twice as many moles as the other thing

cant wait till i die. how many marks am i gonna lose on that
    me neither i keep doing the dumbest things
    probably just 1, maybe 2

ReputationRep:
    Guys did anyone do the 1CR paper??? I am dying to discuss!

ReputationRep:
    yeah someone pls help because i put 2 bromines
    You were expected to draw the compound C3H7Br - so just with one bromine atom.

ReputationRep:
    soot was formed because there was incomplete combustion (which produces carbon)

i don't know why that explained the energy difference but i said that energy went towards forming the soot instead of heating the water?
    that is probably completely wrong

and another reason was because heat was lost to the surroundings, which always happens in calorimetry experiments

^that was all question 10 i think?

yeah it did, and in the equation it had 2 in front of it which means it had twice as many moles as the other thing

me neither i keep doing the dumbest things
    probably just 1, maybe 2
    god damn tricked. we all walk out that exam happy as hell and then realise the hidden damn enigma morse code matrix crap edexcel put in this paper.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the 1CR paper?? I am dying to discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igcse1student)
    Anyone do the 1CR paper?? I am dying to discuss.
    Wait why did you do the 1CR paper?

ReputationRep:
    god damn tricked. we all walk out that exam happy as hell and then realise the hidden damn enigma morse code matrix crap edexcel put in this paper.
    they made me think carbon dioxide is an element wtf i trusted them

ReputationRep:
    they made me think carbon dioxide is an element wtf i trusted them
    IKR! i got so much wrong. like the thing in unpolluted air i just said oxygen hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Holy moly I've done so bad At least I'll never have to do chemistry again
    I'm sure you've done better than you think George!!! I've still got to do the paper 2 and I bet it'll be so hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conradliebers)
    Wait why did you do the 1CR paper?
    I am in a different region.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace_wh)
    I'm sure you've done better than you think George!!! I've still got to do the paper 2 and I bet it'll be so hard...
    It'll be easier than that french paper we sat on tuesday though

ReputationRep:
    anyone else get chromatography wrong? i said 3 dyes instead of 4. ggwp edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else get chromatography wrong? i said 3 dyes instead of 4. ggwp edexcel.
    yup same, never mind! Seem to remember that it was only 1 mark?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.