Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnoteinstein)
    wb when they're different? :O
    Then, they will specify what molar enthalpy of neutralization they want you to find. eg. they will have to say : Find the molar enthalpy of neutralization of KOH.

In this case, divide by the moles of KOH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandy_Vega30)
    Then, they will specify what molar enthalpy of neutralization they want you to find. eg. they will have to say : Find the molar enthalpy of neutralization of KOH.

In this case, divide by the moles of KOH.
    thanks alott

ReputationRep:
    thanks but i think the reason is that c2h5 doesnt exist haha! nothing suggests which ones molecular but the fact that c2h5 isnt a thing :'
    OMG! I didn't even notice that! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I didn't even notice that! :facepalm:
    sorry for so many questions but here
    https://110d0b1a7b584219c71ba4cfe896...0Chemistry.pdf
    Q22b iii, why do we multiply by 2 to find enthalpy change of reaction/ mole?

ReputationRep:
    3 A hydrocarbon contains, by mass, 82.7% carbon and 17.3% hydrogen.The molecular formula of the hydrocarbon is A CH3
    1. B C2H6
    2. C C2H5
    3. D C4H10
      I found the empirical formula and its C, but why the answer is D??Why the empirical formula just be same as the molecular?

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, what is an acceptable definition of a sub shell?

ReputationRep:
    Which of the following enthalpy changes cannot be measured directly by experiment?
    The enthalpy change of
    1. A formation of methane.
    2. B combustion of hydrogen.
    3. C formation of carbon dioxide.
    4. D combustion of carbon monoxide.
    why A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahragoli97)
    3 A hydrocarbon contains, by mass, 82.7% carbon and 17.3% hydrogen.The molecular formula of the hydrocarbon is A CH3
    1. B C2H6
    2. C C2H5
    3. D C4H10
      I found the empirical formula and its C, but why the answer is D??Why the empirical formula just be same as the molecular?
    The empirical formula is C (molecular mass = 29). The molecular formula may have been D because the molecular mass may have been 58.

ReputationRep:
    1. B C2H6
    2. C C2H5
    3. D C4H10
    its D because c2h5 doesnt exist

ReputationRep:
    1. In an experiment, 3.425 g of lead oxide was reduced to form 3.105 g of lead.The empirical formula of the lead oxide is A PbOB Pb3O2C Pb3O4D Pb4O3
    how to do this question??

ReputationRep:
    its D because c2h5 doesnt exist
    aah i see lol

ReputationRep:
    answers for with explanation please i know i am bet late but please
    Q4
    q8
    q9
    q10
    q11
    q14
    q16

ReputationRep:
    Which of the following enthalpy changes cannot be measured directly by experiment?
    The enthalpy change of
    1. A formation of methane.
    2. B combustion of hydrogen.
    3. C formation of carbon dioxide.
    4. D combustion of carbon monoxide.
    why A?
    its a how science works question.
    the reason is the enthalpy of combustion of all hydrocarbons can not be measured directly.
    and its A cause methane is a hydrocarbon.

ReputationRep:
    1. B C2H6
    2. C C2H5
    3. D C4H10
    Refer to page 2. The same question was discussed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katenell)
    answers for with explanation please i know i am bet late but please
    Q4
    q8
    q9
    q10
    q11
    q14
    q16
    Q4 B has an unpaired electron in the 2p subshell. So it's further away from the nucleus than Be's electrons (which are in the 2s subshell and are closer to the nucleus).
    Q8 88/44= 2 mol of CO2 27/18= 1.5 mol of water therefore 4 mol of CO2 and 3 mol of water. So from this you can see that there will be 4 carbons and 6 hydrogens so the answer is C, C4H6
    Q9 This is a definition you just have to learn, Avagadro constant refs to atoms in one mol of any monatomic element
    Q10 8.5/(14+3) = 0.5 mol 15/30= 0.5 mol so 0.5 mol forms 0.5 mol so its 100%
    Q11 55/1000 * 0.2 = 0.011 mol... 0.011*143.4 = 1.58g
    Q14 draw them out with displayed formula and you will see why its C2F4
    Q16 draw the hess's cycle then you will see that the calculation will be -572-(-484) = -88. But this is for 2 mol so for 1 mol its -44 KJmol-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bliss_)
    its a how science works question.
    the reason is the enthalpy of combustion of all hydrocarbons can not be measured directly.
    and its A cause methane is a hydrocarbon.
    A is "Formation of Methane"., not combustion. Now, how would you explain this?

ReputationRep:
    sorry for so many questions but here
    Q22b iii, why do we multiply by 2 to find enthalpy change of reaction/ mole?
    You have to multiply by 2 because there are 2 moles of NH4CNS being used in the equation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :D :))
    Q4 B has an unpaired electron in the 2p subshell. So it's further away from the nucleus than Be's electrons (which are in the 2s subshell and are closer to the nucleus).
    Q8 88/44= 2 mol of CO2 27/18= 1.5 mol of water therefore 4 mol of CO2 and 3 mol of water. So from this you can see that there will be 4 carbons and 6 hydrogens so the answer is C, C4H6
    Q9 This is a definition you just have to learn, Avagadro constant refs to atoms in one mol of any monatomic element
    Q10 8.5/(14+3) = 0.5 mol 15/30= 0.5 mol so 0.5 mol forms 0.5 mol so its 100%
    Q11 55/1000 * 0.2 = 0.011 mol... 0.011*143.4 = 1.58g
    Q14 draw them out with displayed formula and you will see why its C2F4
    Q16 draw the hess's cycle then you will see that the calculation will be -572-(-484) = -88. But this is for 2 mol so for 1 mol its -44 KJmol-1
    thank youu but i didnot understand q10
    and i there a faster way for q 14 or is there any rule ?
    Q16 how the cycle should be drawn ?/

ReputationRep:
    A is "Formation of Methane"., not combustion. Now, how would you explain this?
    Yep I was thinking that too

ReputationRep:
    You have to multiply by 2 because there are 2 moles of NH4CNS being used in the equation.
    you are smart
    could you please answer my question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.