Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teacher jailed for 12 months for sex with 16 y.o. pupil Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wait - did she do anything illegal?
    Having consensual sex with a 16 year old?
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    She was in a position of trust, hence the crime.
    This string of profanities is not directed at you:

Which backwards, brain damaged, frog licking ****witt decided that sex was somehow the opposite of trust?

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends what position you look at this.
    For the women, she abused her role and manipulated the boy to satisfy her needs.
    For the boy, he thought he was doing what his teacher asked - probably thrilled with the prospect of sleeping
    with his teacher without realising the implications once he boasted about it with his mates.

Generally the teacher is in the wrong. it's unprofessional to conduct a relationship at a work place, especially
    when its in a position of trust. It's like doctors having relationships with their patients, despite them knowing every single
    record about them - they are affectively manipulating them fro their needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    You know what's funny? When I see people complaining (mostly men) about when a woman doesn't get a long enough sentence in comparison to a man. Yet when these cases do come around, who are the ones making a joke of it and essentially saying the male victim was "lucky" and so on? Men. It's all so very hypocritical
    So because people make light of something the judiciary shouldn't act with absolute equality? How does this make any semblance of sense, i could detail why sex is seen as more positive for men than women due to biology and humans being a sexually split species but it would be entirely secondary to the point. If a man gets x number of years for a crime, then why doesnt a woman? I dont see how its hypocritical to demand such a standard because a joke is made of what happened, people make rape jokes inc. women so does that mean we shouldn't bother sentencing rapists. That is the logical endpoint of such a statement, to imply hypocrisy is to imply the jokes negate the wish for a proper sentence which is a massive misrepresentation.

ReputationRep:
    I saw 12 months and instantly I knew this "teacher" was female.
    I stand correct.

ReputationRep:
    I need the images she sent him for... educational purposes

ReputationRep:
    Thats a waste of person putting that beauty thing in prison;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    I need the images she sent him for... educational purposes
    Yeah we need to annotate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I hope the boy recovers from his ordeal.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That face.... so creepy.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lift-home.html

12 months for sexually abusing a child and destroying his life? Unbelievable.... I hope the poor boy can recover from this horrific experience.
    From reading the article it sounded consensual and they were both over the age of consent so I don't think she should have got a prison sentence. Definitely fired and banned from teaching for gross misconduct however.

Don't understand why she would do it though. She had a husband and everything and didn't sound like they had been together all that long either. I just don't understand why anyone would want to destroy their reputation, career, family like that. It was really selfish and stupid of her.

ReputationRep:
    What she did was wrong that's true. But sexually abuse and rape are negative connotations.
    Usually the male victims of those situations are never harmed, and brag about it with their friends. So when I hear she sexually abused a male student then learn both of them consented to having sex, I feel lied to.
    I would not place a woman and teen consenting having sex and a woman touching a little boy sexually against his will and when he's unaware of what happening in the same category of sexually abuse.

There's underage sex and then there's sexual abuse and rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    What she did was wrong that's true. But sexually abuse and rape are negative connotations.
    Usually the male victims of those situations are never harmed, and brag about it with their friends. So when I hear she sexually abused a male student then learn both of them consented to having sex, I feel lied to.
    I would not place a woman and teen consenting having sex and a woman touching a little boy sexually against his will and when he's unaware of what happening in the same category of sexually abuse.

There's underage sex and then there's sexual abuse and rape.
    But then you'd need to have lots of different offences? Surely someone having sex with someone who's too drunk isn't as bad as someone who puts a gun to someone's head and knowingly rapes them? They'd both be the same offence and have the rapist label.

(Original post by WhisperingTide)
    This string of profanities is not directed at you:

Which backwards, brain damaged, frog licking ****witt decided that sex was somehow the opposite of trust?
    It's basically to try and prevent grooming

(Original post by WhisperingTide)
    Wait - did she do anything illegal?
    Having consensual sex with a 16 year old?
    ?
    It's different for teachers because of their position of responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    But then you'd need to have lots of different offences? Surely someone having sex with someone who's too drunk isn't as bad as someone who puts a gun to someone's head and knowingly rapes them? They'd both be the same offence and have the rapist label.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are we talking about a teacher who placed a gun to her student's head or a teacher raping a student while he was drunk for some some reason? No. This is about a teacher and a student who consented to sex. Did I say what she did was right or ok? No. Chose one of those scenarios that is the least emotional response : a teacher threatening to murder her student unless he has sex with her, a teacher having sex with a student who was black out drunk student at a prom for some reason, or a teacher and student consent having sex and the student bragging about it to his friend how "great" it was.

I do not classify a teacher having an affair with a student the same as a woman or man who got raped by gunman, a stranger, family friend or a person in authority. I understand that my opinion may not be likeable or pleasant but in my eyes I feel cheated to hear a story of a sexual abuse when really a horny teacher had an affair with her student when there are deadly men or women blackmailing people into having sex, threatening them or raping them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Poor boy:

Is this the teacher ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Is this the teacher ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep...

ReputationRep:
    Omg poor kid... how will he ever recover.

ReputationRep:
    wait but he's 16 tho... i mean yeah she's a teacher and in a position of trust but it was consensual and he's legal so um... don't see why jail time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    wait but he's 16 tho... i mean yeah she's a teacher and in a position of trust but it was consensual and he's legal so um... don't see why jail time?
    If the person is 16 or 17 it's still illegal if there's an 'abuse of trust'. If the he was 18 and in school it would be perfectly legal though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    If the person is 16 or 17 it's still illegal if there's an 'abuse of trust'. If the he was 18 and in school it would be perfectly legal though.
    hmmmmmm that's weird that it isn't abuse of trust when he's 18 cos the teacher's still a teacher.
    O well rules are rules i guess - plus you have to be stupid to hook up with your student while they're still at your school x_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    hmmmmmm that's weird that it isn't abuse of trust when he's 18 cos the teacher's still a teacher.
    O well rules are rules i guess - plus you have to be stupid to hook up with your student while they're still at your school x_x
    Yeah I do think it is silly too, but when you turn 18 obviously you're considered an 'adult' so it automatically becomes legal regardless of whether or not if it's with a person in a 'position of trust'.... stupid I know lol.

And I agree there's a lot of stupidity on the teacher's behalf.

That kid doesn't realise how lucky he is though omg... when I was 16 it was my dream to screw my hot teacher ... sadly that never occurred for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.