Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    My learning observation was something about looking at gender differences in car sizes - I talked about inter-rater reliability being an issue
    That was mine too
    I said we used chi squared, p<0.05 probability results are due to chance less than or equal to 5%. It was a test of difference with nominal data, independent groups. Observe value greater than critical value.

Subjective interpretation of car size
    Improved through inter rater reliability - use a partner to compare results with, if results are similar, it is reliable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julieplec)
    That was mine too
    I said we used chi squared, p<0.05 probability results are due to chance less than or equal to 5%. It was a test of difference with nominal data, independent groups. Observe value greater than critical value.

Subjective interpretation of car size
    Improved through inter rater reliability - use a partner to compare results with, if results are similar, it is reliable
    Nice! However, I argued there wasnt any significant difference since I guess you can argue it both ways

ReputationRep:
    Nice! However, I argued there wasnt any significant difference since I guess you can argue it both ways
    I just made it up, I made up the critical and observed value too. What other subjects do you do? I do geography, biology and chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I just made it up, I made up the critical and observed value too. What other subjects do you do? I do geography, biology and chemistry
    From what I remember, you dont need to know the observed or critical value, however its fine if you stated it. I also do geography! which exam board are you on? Im on Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember, you dont need to know the observed or critical value, however its fine if you stated it. I also do geography! which exam board are you on? Im on Edexcel
    Aqa! I'm confident with geography though, I'm predicted an A* - it's a lot easier than psychology!

ReputationRep:
    Aqa! I'm confident with geography though, I'm predicted an A* - it's a lot easier than psychology!
    Lucky, Edexcel geography is so difficult I find it much harder compared to psychology

ReputationRep:
    Lucky, Edexcel geography is so difficult I find it much harder compared to psychology
    Yeah I got 100% in AS geog but the edexcel spec looks a lot harder, which uni are you heading to and which course?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 100% in AS geog but the edexcel spec looks a lot harder, which uni are you heading to and which course?
    Damn Nice! Im hoping to study Geography at Uni, I want to see my results before i make a major decision what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Damn Nice! Im hoping to study Geography at Uni, I want to see my results before i make a major decision what about you?
    Oh so are you applying for 2017 entry? Medicine for me, how did you do in AS geography if you plan to study it at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I hope grade boundaries are quite reasonable, there's a mixture of thoughts for this paper. Was hoping to get an A to push my whole grade up, but seems so unlikely.. Need to work my arse off for A2 psych ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dharaa)
    I hope grade boundaries are quite reasonable, there's a mixture of thoughts for this paper. Was hoping to get an A to push my whole grade up, but seems so unlikely.. Need to work my arse off for A2 psych ahh
    How do you feel for unit 3/4?

ReputationRep:
    Oh so are you applying for 2017 entry? Medicine for me, how did you do in AS geography if you plan to study it at uni?
    Medicine, nice what uni?

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, nice what uni?
    Thanks! Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Newcastle
    Wow nice, hope it all goes well!

How do you feel for unit 3 and 4? What topics did you college pick for unit 3? (Psychology)

ReputationRep:
    Wow nice, hope it all goes well!

How do you feel for unit 3 and 4? What topics did you college pick for unit 3? (Psychology)
    Unit 3 - child and criminological, I find unit 3 easier than unit 2. I've done well in mock exams for unit 3 it's just a lot more straightforward.

Unit 4 - eww, it's so much information I'm not very good at it. Mocks have gone ok... But I'm hoping unit 1,2,3 compensate for my unit 4 poor performance.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Unit 3 - child and criminological, I find unit 3 easier than unit 2. I've done well in mock exams for unit 3 it's just a lot more straightforward.

Unit 4 - eww, it's so much information I'm not very good at it. Mocks have gone ok... But I'm hoping unit 1,2,3 compensate for my unit 4 poor performance.

How about you?
    We're doing Child and Health, I find child pretty good as its straightforward like you said. Clinical side of unit 4 I think its decent but issues and debates I hate it so much information

ReputationRep:
    We're doing Child and Health, I find child pretty good as its straightforward like you said. Clinical side of unit 4 I think its decent but issues and debates I hate it so much information
    Tell me about it at least we have an advantage by resitting unit 2 though

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it at least we have an advantage by resitting unit 2 though
    I guess so, but theres still so much stuff you need to know from unit 1 :/

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel for unit 3/4?
    I actually like & enjoy Unit 3, but I defo need more work in Unit 4😫 Hope i get a high A for unit 3 and maybe a B for Unit 4?

ReputationRep:
    I guess so, but theres still so much stuff you need to know from unit 1 :/
    Like what? :/
    Ewt / CBT for cognitive contributions
    Understanding prejudice SIT and understanding obedience (agency theory from social)
    Milgram / hofling / meeus and raajmakers
    Anything I've missed? I'm not sure if you need to know MSM, LOP, Godden and Baddeley

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.