Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LokiiR)
    her3s my post from older thread
    Hai just gonna post all the answers I got
    First 6 marker i didnt understand why the layers were distorted but was told it was because you get more pressure on the rocks below or something but i explained how sedimentwry rock was formed properly
    The p wave was 8km/s
    s wave 4 km/s
    the x was on either side east of the circle because it was 100km fromcboth i think
    i forgot what was next but parallaxx i got
    the angle was too small to draw and light year too large

8.8 Light Years becausw inversely proportional so half of 0.74 would make double 4.4
    Then i got 0.148, u double 0.74 and divide it by 10 (do opposite to 4.4 so 4.4/2 * 10)
    i said that distances are too far away to detect it and planets dont emit as much radiation as stars
    uhm forgot other questions but 2nd six marker was fine tbh it was like my physics coursework inversely proportional thing and photoms spread out and intensity is the amoint of photons reading a square metre per secone then i said the suitable power is 308 because it was 150 = (307.2 * 20)/6.4^2
    uhm for the digital and analogue i got
    digital was and 1
    digital can be superimposed by electromagnetic wave
    analogue was noise disruotion
    both can be processed by computer's
    both can do images and pictures
    for the scientific or not i forgot the statements but i did 3 non scientfic two scientific
    for the sankee diagrams i got CBA because coal has mosrt waste uranium has 2nd most waste and oil? has least i figured that out thanks to currents and the one with highest xurrent was coal with 58
    uhm for radiation and irradiatipn i said
    reprocrssing centre : both
    power station: irradiation
    then uhm last one i wrote way too much to remember
    can anyone post unofficial mark scjeme I'll help
    I don't remember the phrasing exactly so could have made a mistake, but I ticked both for the noise checkbox as digital and analogue signals are affected by noise. The only difference is that digital signals are easier to remove the noise from :-) I also put that both can be superimposed onto a wave, as both of them travel through the air.

Finally, for the question on irradiation I put both for the power station and just irradiation for the centre for processing.

Some of these could be wrong and I agree with all of your other answers, but hopefully by discussing our answers we can get a better idea of what's right and wrong :-)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kish9600)
    Ok thanks, for the first six marker I didn't really talk about erosion, the middle bit was the same... instead I talked about folding and how the deeper you go the older it gets due to huge pressures... would I still get the marks?
    Also the third six marker, I only talked about CO2, and how fossil fuels can't meet the current demands and then went on to talk about how renewable energy is a better alternative and is less harmful... will I be given credit for that?
    Overall, basically do you know what marks id get for them both?
    For six markers the mark scheme often just has a few different areas you need to talk about and a list of different points you can make for each area. As long as your answer contains two or so different points from each area you should get most or all of the marks.

This means it doesn't matter if you didn't put the exact same points as me, as long as you make points that are both correct and answer the question sufficiently.

Both of your answers look like they answered the question and made enough different points, so I would say you should do quite well for those questions, probably somewhere 4-6 marks, but it's impossible to say for sure without having the mark scheme. I don't think the question explicitly asked about renewables for the third six marker, but they do often give you marks for that sort of thing even though it's not exactly what they asked for - so you look like you did well on both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by console.log)
    I don't remember the phrasing exactly so could have made a mistake, but I ticked both for the noise checkbox as digital and analogue signals are affected by noise. The only difference is that digital signals are easier to remove the noise from :-) I also put that both can be superimposed onto a wave, as both of them travel through the air.

Finally, for the question on irradiation I put both for the power station and just irradiation for the centre for processing.

Some of these could be wrong and I agree with all of your other answers, but hopefully by discussing our answers we can get a better idea of what's right and wrong :-)
    so i see what u mean by the interference but it was phrased in a way that made it seem like it was analogue only it said Noise can distort the signal or something and thats true for analogue but with digital it does interfere with it but i thought they phrased it in a way that made it seem more permanent and i thought only digital waves were able to do the elevtromagnetic thing thats one thingthat made them different?
    and it said that in power stations the rradioacrive material was covered but in the processing centre theybwere removed and fixed up so they couldjt have had direct contact in power station if the radioactive material was covered up? jus tmy view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LokiiR)
    so i see what u mean by the interference but it was phrased in a way that made it seem like it was analogue only it said Noise can distort the signal or something and thats true for analogue but with digital it does interfere with it but i thought they phrased it in a way that made it seem more permanent and i thought only digital waves were able to do the elevtromagnetic thing thats one thingthat made them different?
    and it said that in power stations the rradioacrive material was covered but in the processing centre theybwere removed and fixed up so they couldjt have had direct contact in power station if the radioactive material was covered up? jus tmy view
    I put both analogue and digital could be superimposed because of amplitude or frequency modulation on analogue signals, that could be something else completely though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    Question 1 was geology, we hadn't learnt about the formation of sedimentary rocks or revised it in physics, and the parallax question was like P7! In P1 it's supposed to be qualitative only, there shouldn't be parallax calculations. I found the whole thing difficult.
    i agree parallax equations are absolutely p7 and there was Far too much maths in it please
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I found this paper great tbh, awesome 6 markers
    Although I didn't realise the ratios between the inverse proportion questions so did it the full maths way - got the same answers though so at least I know I don't need to revise it for tomorrow!
    And I've just remembered that for the one about why it would be difficult to trace the diagram to scale I literally put as my second point that '4.4 light years is longer than earth so you can't draw it' omg 😂😁
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Also the one about the power station I put neither for the first one and both for the second one - it really confused me because of how wordy the question was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Also the one about the power station I put neither for the first one and both for the second one - it really confused me because of how wordy the question was!
    I put just irradiation for the nuclear power station and both for the recycling plant because they are handling it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I found this paper great tbh, awesome 6 markers
    Although I didn't realise the ratios between the inverse proportion questions so did it the full maths way - got the same answers though so at least I know I don't need to revise it for tomorrow!
    And I've just remembered that for the one about why it would be difficult to trace the diagram to scale I literally put as my second point that '4.4 light years is longer than earth so you can't draw it' omg 😂😁

Was that question about why you can't draw it to scale a 1 marker or 2 marker? I only put 1 point, that the angle was too small to draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiquismiquis)
    Oh dear I put CBA a reflection of how I felt in the exam to be honest
    I wrote that too- looking at the output- the first sankey diagram had the biggest area this must have the greatest output :3

ReputationRep:
    I think for the Sankey diagram Q the key mistake which led to CBA was comparing the output figures with the total diagram size; rather than just the output. I may be wrong however!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wait is CBA wrong??

ReputationRep:
    found that the most difficult exam yet
    I got ACB because two of them had the same efficiency which I measured? might be wrong though
    and I got 308 for the power of the bulb, for the reason as to why they need to provide planning, was it literally just that all areas of the room need to be seen or was it more than that?

ReputationRep:
    I believe CBA is wrong; I calculated the comparitave outputs, whereas CBA is off the inputs which isn't given in the table. Wasn't many marks though!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GoldLeader)
    I believe CBA is wrong; I calculated the comparitave outputs, whereas CBA is off the inputs which isn't given in the table. Wasn't many marks though!!
    Aw damn, so many of my friends put that too!

Also, for the question where you had to plot X on that dotted line, where did it have to go? Because I put it on the dotted line in between A and B but apparently that's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Aw damn, so many of my friends put that too!

Also, for the question where you had to plot X on that dotted line, where did it have to go? Because I put it on the dotted line in between A and B but apparently that's wrong?
    yeah, I drew a dotted line of 100km around B and plotted the X where the two circles joined? not sure if thats right though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldLeader)
    no i dont think youre right, the most energy was coal 1400 2nd most was uranium 1300 and 3rd was oil or gas which was 1100. CBA followed that order A has largest output and C had sevond most and B had third most. It also makes sense when u compare the waste. Cosl has most wasted energy because it used 58A and then Uranoum which was 54 then Gas or oil which was 39

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunsetDreamer)
    Did anyone else find it really hard? There was something about inverse proportion which is a B/A grade math question (certainly hasn't been taught to us in physics) and it just seemed to get harder from there
    I agree with you it was some next level paper, i don't understand why they would make it so hard but cause everyone found it hard the grade boundaries may be lower hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Wait is CBA wrong??
    I got CBA for that sankey diagram question to but people are saying different answers like BAC and CAB

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get a mark for that just because it's a great comment

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.