Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Warwick
    Tough university to get into isn't it? I'm struggling with GCSE maths and your doing it in university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Tough university to get into isn't it? I'm struggling with GCSE maths and your doing it in university
    Fairly tough. Not insane. A high proportion of applicants do get in, and pretty much everyone gets an offer, they just set the offer high. Lots of people get very good A levels though. STEP differentiates a bit more but STEP I is also quite manageable for a lot of people.
    lol I wasn't too big a fan of GCSE maths; I still don't remember my circle theorems
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Fairly tough. Not insane. A high proportion of applicants do get in, and pretty much everyone gets an offer, they just set the offer high. Lots of people get very good A levels though. STEP differentiates a bit more but STEP I is also quite manageable for a lot of people.
    lol I wasn't too big a fan of GCSE maths; I still don't remember my circle theorems
    Lol, even I don't remember circle theorems I need to re-learn them and do they care about GCSE's? Also if your a level target grades do not meet their requirements will they reject you?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, even I don't remember circle theorems I need to re-learn them and do they care about GCSE's? Also if your a level target grades do not meet their requirements will they reject you?
    Well I imagine a lot depends on the course. In general I think ASs have mattered more, but that might be different now with the new linear specifications. It certainly increases the likelihood that they'll reject you but it's not necessarily true. For maths in particular all you need is the target grades good enough and you get an offer essentially.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Well I imagine a lot depends on the course. In general I think ASs have mattered more, but that might be different now with the new linear specifications. It certainly increases the likelihood that they'll reject you but it's not necessarily true. For maths in particular all you need is the target grades good enough and you get an offer essentially.
    Oh ok thank you if you don't mind what were your target grades at the time and what were warwick's requirements?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thank you if you don't mind what were your target grades at the time and what were warwick's requirements?
    I had A*A*A*A*A predicted (one A* in Welsh Bacc which I later dropped lol) and in terms of A levels they required A*A*A-A*AA
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I had A*A*A*A*A predicted (one A* in Welsh Bacc which I later dropped lol) and in terms of A levels they required A*A*A-A*AA
    That's the problem with me I don't think my GCSE's will be absolutely amazing therefore, when I do AS this year my target grades will most likely to me low this leads to me not getting in a decent university

ReputationRep:
    Ask to go to the toliet and take a ****.

w-ank, that's what i do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    this is gonna sound really retarded but basically im 15 and a girl and sometimes if I finish early I just think about intercourse. is this weird. please help me

edit: guys don't think that I don't take my work seriously. I'm an A/A* student and I study a lot but its just that sometimes they give us SO MUCH TIME and I have nothing else to do...
    hmmmm you could end up with a D

ReputationRep:
    That's the problem with me I don't think my GCSE's will be absolutely amazing therefore, when I do AS this year my target grades will most likely to me low this leads to me not getting in a decent university
    If you have a good Year 12 performance they should push them up for Year 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    this is gonna sound really retarded but basically im 15 and a girl and sometimes if I finish early I just think about intercourse. is this weird. please help me

edit: guys don't think that I don't take my work seriously. I'm an A/A* student and I study a lot but its just that sometimes they give us SO MUCH TIME and I have nothing else to do...
    mastubate before hand? i do it the night before and its stress relieving and lowers my sex drive and helps me concentrate during exams
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    If you have a good Year 12 performance they should push them up for Year 13.
    Oh ok thanks, how is university life? I'm hoping to do Physics, physics and maths or particle physics

ReputationRep:
    I finished early for some exams I literally counted all the bricks in our sports hall they are quite large I think there was 85. I did some exams after reading the thread on here about games invigilators play and I was getting really paranoid whenever any of them came near me .

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thanks, how is university life? I'm hoping to do Physics, physics and maths or particle physics
    Not too bad. I haven't taken full advantage but the societies/clubs I'm in have been fun.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by niv1234)
    I finished early for some exams I literally counted all the bricks in our sports hall they are quite large I think there was 85. I did some exams after reading the thread on here about games invigilators play and I was getting really paranoid whenever any of them came near me .
    I kept on staring at a sixth former

ReputationRep:
    I always place a towel on my seat in preparation for my exam arousal.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Not too bad. I haven't taken full advantage but the societies/clubs I'm in have been fun.
    Nice, what you planning on doing after bachelor of maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    ofc this was posted by a girl

ReputationRep:
    Nice, what you planning on doing after bachelor of maths?
    no idea tbh. Well my course is a masters, assuming I'm on at least a good 2:1 by the end of next year
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    no idea tbh. Well my course is a masters, assuming I'm on at least a good 2:1 by the end of next year
    Ohh did you already do bachelor of straight to masters? Why not a PhD?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.