Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    same aqa, i thought electricity was awful but the rest was average yeah. was very grateful for the photoelectricity and microwave questions but agree about subatomic particles!! where was the quark structure question?? :'( oh well at least it was better than the specimen papers
    Yeah. I did Electronic products GCSE, which helps a bit with electricity, but it was an awful question. Overall definitely not as bad as the specimen papers thank goodness. Hoping there'll be some subatomic particles on paper 2
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TillSoft)
    Yep. MEI for FM and MAths, AQA for Physics and Chemistry
    Nice, how do you find them so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Nice, how do you find them so far?
    Pretty good. I find most of it pretty easy, but it's still interesting
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TillSoft)
    Pretty good. I find most of it pretty easy, but it's still interesting
    Yeah that's why I want to chose them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Yeah that's why I want to chose them
    Hey, I just discovered this thread, and it seems as though we have the same subject interests for A level.

However, the only difference between us is that my school is making us all do 4 AS levels, with an option of taking Further Maths as a 5th AS level, so essentially, we can have 5 AS levels, only if Further Maths is one of them.

I am taking Bio, Chem, Physics, Further Maths and Maths at AS, and will most likely be dropping Biology after doing an AS in it, although my school are allowing some people to do 5 subjects at A2, but it is not recommended.

I simply picked the 4 subjects I was most interested in, and actually want to learn about. My teacher recommended F.Maths for me. I think it will be useful for the future, I am looking to go into something related to either Chemistry, Physics, Maths or Engineering (undecided as of yet), but not Biology related.

It seems you have decided already, but I would say to only do F.Maths if you actually like Maths, are good at it, and are willing to put in extra work for it. Do not do it just because 'you need it for the future'. The more interested you are in the subject, the higher grade and UMS you will get (most of the time).
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)
    Hey, I just discovered this thread, and it seems as though we have the same subject interests for A level.

However, the only difference between us is that my school is making us all do 4 AS levels, with an option of taking Further Maths as a 5th AS level, so essentially, we can have 5 AS levels, only if Further Maths is one of them.

I am taking Bio, Chem, Physics, Further Maths and Maths at AS, and will most likely be dropping Biology after doing an AS in it, although my school are allowing some people to do 5 subjects at A2, but it is not recommended.

I simply picked the 4 subjects I was most interested in, and actually want to learn about. My teacher recommended F.Maths for me. I think it will be useful for the future, I am looking to go into something related to either Chemistry, Physics, Maths or Engineering (undecided as of yet), but not Biology related.

It seems you have decided already, but I would say to only do F.Maths if you actually like Maths, are good at it, and are willing to put in extra work for it. Do not do it just because 'you need it for the future'. The more interested you are in the subject, the higher grade and UMS you will get (most of the time).
    Yeah true and thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.