Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best life lesson you've learnt thus far? watch

ReputationRep:
    You miss every shot you don't take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Because you can't.

Ultimately humans are inherently selfish and don't give a **** about anyone but themselves whether consciously or subconsciously.
    Those people may be there for you every day when you need them but once you **** up or do something they don't like they're gone in an instant. And when they know too much you're ****ed. Either directly or indirectly.

But Das not true. Because there is evidence for altruism in nature everywhere. Yes we have selfish goals but many people do genuinely care for others.

A lot of people in my life have done stuff to me that I didn't agree with, done something I didn't like, but I don't just say bye bye instantly. I judge it hollistically, taking into account all the circumstances and also what that person is going through.

And it just depends. Yes I mean what you're saying could be true in a lot of cases but I've met some people who know a LOT about me and it's never made me feel like I'm ****ed Yknow ? Like I just trust them implicitly.

Again, this is not many people at all but in my personal experience I have found people I care for and who care about me, unconditionally (outside of family) and people I can trust implicitly. They are rare that's why I said when you find them you hold on for dear life ygm.

ReputationRep:
    Your only allegiance should be to yourself.

Also don't eat in public.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Learn from other people's mistakes.
    Listen to others, you don't always have to learn for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    when you waste time you will always be second best to your true potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    Your only allegiance should be to yourself.

Also don't eat in public.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why can't you eat in public?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoreanSpammer)
    They are rare that's why I said when you find them you hold on for dear life ygm.
    Not everyone thinks like you
    Some people will never find someone like that
    Particularly if your background and community and the people around you are so close minded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Not everyone thinks like you
    Some people will never find someone like that
    Particularly if your background and community and the people around you are so close minded
    Yeye mean I should have caveated that it's my opinion of course.

I guess it is not really in my community at home where I have found these people- apart from my family who live there- it's when I left the nest, went to uni, travelled the world and other stuff that I met these kinds of people. Like basically the more people you come across the chances of finding these rare people increases.

But you're right for some people it does not ever happen but I think in general in life I mean as the years go on I can sort of see who these real ones are Yknow as they've stuck by me through thick and thin and through distance and time apart. It becomes easier to tell with time who has really got your back. Again it really is not that many people. Definitely less than 5 for me.

ReputationRep:
    Some people really are just too stupid to interact with, you're better off avoiding them than wasting your time.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.