Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi265)
    I'm glad to say I didn't quite go that far in the exam haha
    I just said how it was an youthinism and would attract teenagers to read the poem opps

ReputationRep:
    Someone please explain how Greg the salesman was gay. I get the prostitution in Cardigan, but for the life of me I can't work out why Greg might be gay.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea about where the hell WJEC get their poetry from? I have searched for 'In Cardigan Market' and 'Car Showroom' for almost an hour to no avail; they are nowhere to be found. I still can't believe it was about homosexuality and prostitution.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't come across any solid evidence that In Cardigan Market was about prostitution and Car Showroom was about being gay. I think it's just assumptions on twitter blown out of proportion .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivMalseed)
    What?!?!? It was?! I thought it was about selling fishes and the car showroom about selling automobiles.. Please don't tell me I did it all wrong😭
    I wrote something about the fish sellers job being boring and repetitive, but looking back it's so obviously prostitution, I'm kicking myself. The lilac poem from last year was about that as well though.
    What even was the car poem meant to be?

ReputationRep:
    How much do you think it is for an A or A*

ReputationRep:
    some people in my school asked one of my english teachers and they said it was about homosexuality and prostitution but i just don't see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by its_joe)
    i feel like im a bit stupid cuz i completely forgot to write about how lennie shows dreams were an important part of 1930s society
    Your not the only one, i feel disappointed now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi265)
    In Cardigan Market was about prostitution and the car showroom was apparently about homosexuality (which i don't see at all)
    I wrote that the some of the aspects if the fish monger could have been compared to that of a prostitute, 'drips female sweat', 'men come for miles', 'squatting', 'until the stars die'. I also wrote it was a most likely unintentional comparison by the writer so I think I will be safe when it comes to the lethal hands of an examiner, lol.

ReputationRep:
    do you know if the poem about the fish lady was a Sonnet or not? just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodGirlFaith)
    I wrote something about the fish sellers job being boring and repetitive, but looking back it's so obviously prostitution, I'm kicking myself. The lilac poem from last year was about that as well though.
    What even was the car poem meant to be?
    Apparently it was supposedly to be about a gay depressed man?? I don't see any of it

ReputationRep:
    spoke to an english lecturer at a uni who said it was about prostitution

ReputationRep:
    You were all so right in not writing about prostitution haha. I did - it was just what I thought of in the exam - and I think I got no marks for that section: I worked out I got 25 marks/50 for that paper, and if section 1 and 2 (the OMAM) sections were out of 30, I would expect I would get about 25 normally out of that. I got a c for the whole paper (but still am happy with an A overall) So basically you were right in not writing about it.

ReputationRep:
    oi oi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieffion)
    I didn't write about that, I told my English teacher what I wrote and apparently I got it right. The poem was definitely not about prostitution haha! So glad I didn't write about it
    oi oi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComedieMusicales)
    I haven't come across any solid evidence that In Cardigan Market was about prostitution and Car Showroom was about being gay. I think it's just assumptions on twitter blown out of proportion .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.