ayyyyyyy yeah do! unless you have exams then you better revise xD
    Only physics...:crazy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Only physics...:crazy:
    aaaayyyyyyyyyy almost done!

(Original post by z33)
    aaaayyyyyyyyyy almost done!
    What? No! I mean I only have physics TOMORROW. I have like 16 more exams :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    What? No! I mean I only have physics TOMORROW. I have like 16 more exams :rofl:
    o

well I mean I've got a funeral director on speed dial would you like me to plan something? :lol:

(Original post by z33)
    o

well I mean I've got a funeral director on speed dial would you like me to plan something? :lol:
    It's not that bad I guess

And anyway, complaining won't make them go away?

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad I guess

And anyway, complaining won't make them go away?
    i hope so

trutru but changing your identity and moving to Australia will :lol: just kidding good luck m8 you'll smash em I'm sure! I had like 24 exams in GCSEs turned me insane I still haven't recovered and my A2 ones are in 2 weeks :lol: oh well - part of life I guess.

(Original post by z33)
    i hope so

trutru but changing your identity and moving to Australia will :lol: just kidding good luck m8 you'll smash em I'm sure! I had like 24 exams in GCSEs turned me insane I still haven't recovered and my A2 ones are in 2 weeks :lol: oh well - part of life I guess.
    Everyone's telling me "ofheihwaifhwe Homeland, you'll absolutely smash them. At this rate, I'm happy if I chip them...

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's telling me "ofheihwaifhwe Homeland, you'll absolutely smash them. At this rate, I'm happy if I chip them...
    would you prefer "oifjaoijodasaofij Homeland you're gonna fail them all :awesome:"? :lol: it's fine man, all you need is 5 Cs to get into A levels and lets be honest a C at GCSE ain't that difficult to get...

(Original post by z33)
    would you prefer "oifjaoijodasaofij Homeland you're gonna fail them all :awesome:"? :lol: it's fine man, all you need is 5 Cs to get into A levels and lets be honest a C at GCSE ain't that difficult to get...
    oh Z thirty three. If only it was that simple :moon:

ReputationRep:
    oh Z thirty three. If only it was that simple :moon:
    o.

My First Blog Post- Living in a horror movie

When I was seven, I watched The Exorcist with my mum. I couldn't sleep for like three weeks. The scene where Regan's head does the 360 degree turn scared me the most, and then she was like "You know what she did? Your *****ng daughter" Who knew that 9 years later, I would come to love horror movies.

Yes horror movies maybe going to pot lately. I had a scan of upcoming horror films of 2016 and have noted down a couple of interesting ones which I will probably be watching. (The Conjuring 2, The Purgelection Year, maybe Lights Out. Luckily they're after exams so I can watch them with my friends) But the large majority of them, are, well, pretty shite.

That's not the point of this post though. Because actually there are pretty crap movies in ALL genres of film. I think people pick on the horror industry because in the past, the quality of horror films were pretty amazing, and they were edgy and new. Now directors and producers are kinda just recycling old concepts which is what makes them seem bad.

But recently I've wondered, how would I fair in an average horror movie? I'm sure we've all seen those YouTube videos where they talk about how horror movie characters are stupid and unrealistic in terms of the actions they make.
    Spoiler:
    Show

But can you honestly say that you will think completely rationally whilst being pursuited by a crazed killer? I doubt it highly.

I think when we are in a dangerous situations, like what's shown in horror movies, the sheer overwhelming threat of death makes us not think straight.

If we set the scene maybe you'll see what I mean. It's a dark night, your parents or roommates have gone out. You're alone. The phone rings. You hear breathing. The line disconnects. Who will honestly call the police for that one thing? NO ONE. How are we meant to know that that was the crazed psycho murderer killer. We'll lock a few windows and doors and hope for the best. But suppose he get's in, somehow. We will probably run outside. To a busy area full of people. At 1am. I think for me that means running to the 24/7 McDonalds half a mile away.

Or you run to a neighbour's house. They probably won't open the door at 1am. Where do you go? What do you do? We don't have guns, or baseball bats, most likely all we have are blunt kitchen knives. Maybe a shovel? So maybe that's why horror movie actors make bad decisions. Because they don't have anything to work with.

It's weird when you think about it. I suppose it's nature's fight or flight.

But then again, they're just horror movies. The likeliness of us actually ever finding ourselves in Creepypasta-esque situations are next to 0. Nevertheless it's nice to fantasize about it. Come up with an action plan of sorts.

That being said I did find that weird juju, black magic, witchcraft thing in my loft like two months ago. We took it to the local recycling centre :rofl:

I hope you enjoyed reading.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    TheOtherSide. z33 hezzlington Axel Johann iEthan ||TheUnknown|| Imperion Alexion FrenchUnicorn ZuluK ForestShadow ravioliyears toonervoustоtalk aproned_samurai noticemesenpai DiddyDec KoreanSpammer Boss_Rhythm

Spoiler:
    Show
    Like I said in OP, if you are not interested, tell and I'll untag you, if you want to be tagged and I missed you out, also tell me. And also let me know if you like what you see. Be as harsh as you want

ReputationRep:
    x
    I think about this a lot you know, like every other night :lol: i come up with plans but tbh i bet i'd be the first to die in a horror movie... and I'm also most likely to be the psycho themself :rofl:

idk i have a diagonal window in my room that goes onto the roof so i'd probably climb out of that and then hope they don't follow me - if they do I guess i'd just jump and hope I die before they get to me :afraid: :rofl: hopefully that doesn't happen.

Watch tho when you call the police and they come and the guy's like "it was a social experiment here's the camera" so the cops let it go and then you're murdered :sigh: that's what it's gon be like these days :rofl:

(Original post by z33)
    I think about this a lot you know, like every other night :lol: i come up with plans but tbh i bet i'd be the first to die in a horror movie... and I'm also most likely to be the psycho themself :rofl:

idk i have a diagonal window in my room that goes onto the roof so i'd probably climb out of that and then hope they don't follow me - if they do I guess i'd just jump and hope I die before they get to me :afraid: :rofl: hopefully that doesn't happen.

Watch tho when you call the police and they come and the guy's like "it was a social experiment here's the camera" so the cops let it go and then you're murdered :sigh: that's what it's gon be like these days :rofl:
    My windows are stupid, you can only open the top bit. If they come to my room, I'm literally screwed.

Lmao "social experiment" but wouldn't they get charged for breaking and entering :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    The Conjuring 2 looks amazing. The first one is one of my favourite films? I didn't like the Purge tbh, great idea though. Have you seen Annabelle?

ReputationRep:
    My windows are stupid, you can only open the top bit. If they come to my room, I'm literally screwed.

Lmao "social experiment" but wouldn't they get charged for breaking and entering :holmes:
    rip youuuuuuuuu
    tho i could sleep through a smoke alarm sooo ummm im even more screwed if they come at night x_x

social experiment brah, twas all planned ofcourse, including that bullet in your shoulder, just to make it realistic init

(Original post by hezzlington)
    The Conjuring 2 looks amazing. The first one is one of my favourite films? I didn't like the Purge tbh, great idea though. Have you seen Annabelle?
    Yes of course I've seen Annabelle. It was really good, but the ending was off, like what was the point in the other lady jumping if Annabelle would just vanish again.

The first Purge film was good, it was unique which is what made me like it. The second one was a bit crap.

Have you seen As Above So Below. THAT WAS A GREAT FILM OMFG

homeland.lsw
    I liked your post so much , very different from others blogs and stuff and I love the way you write :mmm:
    Of course I wanna be tagged next time as well :woo:

And about the plans at night .. Sometimes I imagine what I would do If There is like a zombie attack or something :lol: :innocent:

:nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    homeland.lsw
    I liked your post so much , very different from others blogs and stuff and I love the way you write :mmm:
    Of course I wanna be tagged next time as well :woo:

And about the plans at night .. Sometimes I imagine what I would do If There is like a zombie attack or something :lol: :innocent:

:nyan: :nyan: :nyan:
    Zombie attacks yes. tbh I would let myself turn into a zombie because it's not that bad. like you just walk around all day...

ReputationRep:
    Looool well that was interesting. In front of a crazy killer... I just see myseld running aimlessly singing "Life is like a hurricane" in my head

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.