GCSE Edexcel Geography A - 24th May 2016 - Official Thread

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingfish3000)
    I had no idea what that question was on about, it was only 2 marks though? I ended up making something up about how some people believe humans aren't responsible for climate change because it happens anyway whereas others believe we should be reducing our greenhouse emissions to reduce climate change... I'm not sure if that's what it meant though but it was only 2 marks so lets hope the rest of it was okay
    I hope that I got an A but after re-thinking my answers I'm not sure that'll be the case..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingfish3000)
    I had no idea what that question was on about, it was only 2 marks though? I ended up making something up about how some people believe humans aren't responsible for climate change because it happens anyway whereas others believe we should be reducing our greenhouse emissions to reduce climate change... I'm not sure if that's what it meant though but it was only 2 marks so lets hope the rest of it was okay
    We actually went over this question just before the exam. I said that some people don't believe in climate change because it's fluctuated since the last ice age. I think you could've said just an argument for or against climate change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph00)
    We actually went over this question just before the exam. I said that some people don't believe in climate change because it's fluctuated since the last ice age. I think you could've said just an argument for or against climate change
    yea that's what I thought because it was only two marks after all but I wasn't sure exactly what they wanted to I tried hedging my bets by talking a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U-GradeStudent)
    I hope that I got an A but after re-thinking my answers I'm not sure that'll be the case..
    Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries, plus there's always coursework which may bring up the grade a little

ReputationRep:
    For the 9 marker did everyone just state how they managed things and the good and bad things about their management?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaperdy)
    For the 9 marker did everyone just state how they managed things and the good and bad things about their management?
    I literally wrote nothing... All I wrote was texaco gave 40 million to clean up and they set up a biological reserve and that in papa New Guinea they set up ecotourism. I had no idea!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the setttlement in the first question? and what about the X,Y,Z? oh and the question about the transport patterns from the map? I think I lost all 4 marks on that one...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone remember the exact wording of the final question? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    Can someone remember the exact wording of the final question? Thanks
    Examine contrasting methods of managing rainforests in which recourses are extracted.

not exactly but it was 100% examining contrasting managements of rainforests

ReputationRep:
    The distance i measured was 2.6
    Settlement X: view point
    Settlement Y: Car park
    Settlement Z: Caravan site
    The attitude to climate could be anything personal, Local, national or international
    i wrote about car sharing and reducing carbon emmisions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rukayya_me)
    The attitude to climate could be anything personal, Local, national or international

I got very similar answers to you which makes me feel a little better!! Thanks (I got 2.5 for the distance but I'm sure there'll be a tolerance )

ReputationRep:
    I got 2.5 as well but there was a slight bend in road so i wrote 2.6 just in case 😊

ReputationRep:
    What was the Census 3 mark answer?

ReputationRep:
    Census could be outdated as people may be born/have died between when the census is done and when the data is collected and presented. Well idk I guessed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But car sharing and reducing carbon emissions isnt an attitude?

ReputationRep:
    By attitude I figured they said a response because changing your "behaviour". Behaviour can be changed by the decreased dependency on cars for travelling
    (Original post by BigManDR)
    But car sharing and reducing carbon emissions isnt an attitude?

ReputationRep:
    By attitude I figured they said a response because changing your "behaviour". Behaviour can be changed by the decreased dependency on cars for travelling
    ahh fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Hey! The answers have been great so far... What about for the question that asked why the settlement was on a particular site?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did literally everyone here do the questions I didn't do..

I did coastal environments, hazardous environments (and that for field work), econ activity and energy, urban environments (and that for field work), development and human welfare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalCon05)
    Census could be outdated as people may be born/have died between when the census is done and when the data is collected and presented. Well idk I guessed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.