Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 WPH01 May June 2016 Discussion Watch

• View Poll Results: How was your exam ?
    Easy ... piece of cake xD
    8.33%
    emmm not that bad
    54.17%
    I got screwed
    26.39%
    It was a NIGHTMARE !! :0
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBioBombastic)
    Exactly same
    Perfect i got that too..😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jannz)
    What was ur guys value for spring constant k
    37000Nm-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jannz)
    3.67 x 10^ 3 Nm-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainat0987)
    perfect i got that too..😀
    cheers :d

ReputationRep:
    How much score do I nd to get for A grade

ReputationRep:
    Did we require to scale the horizontal distance measured from the image with a ruler according to the vertical distance stated ?? For the projectile problem..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainat0987)
    Did we require to scale the horizontal distance measured from the image with a ruler according to the vertical distance stated ?? For the projectile problem..
    Well I'm not sure but i used the same scale for range
    which i used in part a to get vertical height

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpm123)
    Prolly above 55 (minimum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpm123)
    Safe bet would b anything above 55 raw marks out 80..thats how it has been since the shift to IAL..

ReputationRep:
    Well great my spring constant came same........what do u think the grade boundary will be for A.....

ReputationRep:
    Ok what did u guys do for probably the most toughest ques..which stated how would the angle theta affect the forces inward or something for the poles (5 marks QWC Question)...expecting to lose all the marks out of it 😢

ReputationRep:
    Ok what did u guys do for probably the most toughest ques..which stated how would the angle theta affect the forces inward or something for the poles (5 marks QWC Question)...expecting to lose all the marks out of it 😢
    Increase in theta increases vertical component and decreases horizontal component and over all magnitude of force Also decreased
    What did u write?

ReputationRep:
    How did u guys show the distance is about 0.4 m in that bouncing ball ques....

ReputationRep:
    What did u guys write abt difference in k.e between boat and the rower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jannz)
    How did u guys show the distance is about 0.4 m in that bouncing ball ques....
    Use scale eg 1cm=0.1m
    So 4 willbe 0.4 mm like that !

ReputationRep:
    I cant remember exactly what I wrote. Something like: Increase in angle theta would result in a lower horizontal force because Tcos(theta) would reduce hence low/no resultant force horizontally on the pole so little/no acceleration of the pole horizontally... And I wrote some jack sh*t about the vertical getting larger as angle increases Tsin(theta) ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wenogk)
    I cant remember exactly what I wrote. Something like: Increase in angle theta would result in a lower horizontal force because Tcos(theta) would reduce hence low/no resultant force horizontally on the pole so little/no acceleration of the pole horizontally... And I wrote some jack sh*t about the vertical getting larger as angle increases Tsin(theta) ..
    It's correct i wrote the same xD

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not sure but i used the same scale for range
    which i used in part a to get vertical height
    Well i was also doing that intially measured the horz. Distance and got 3.2cm then i measured the vertical dist. of the image and the ruler showed something around 7cm but the ques stated the the dist to be around 0.44m ..which obivously dont match..so yeah than i scalecd the horz. distance according to the ratio from the image..

ReputationRep:
    Use scale eg 1cm=0.1m
    So 4 willbe 0.4 mm like that !
    For steel I said steel has high tensile strength..etc. Is that okay?
    I was so freaked out during the exam. I was so stressed and all my classmates found the paper hard. I'm so scared, I'm so scared of a B

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.