The Student Room Group

How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

I think the grade boundaries will be similar to 2014 with slight increase of the D-B grade boundaries.

A*-49
A-43
B-37
C-31
D-25
Original post by Charlie9999
This isn't a point based question though, did you get developed statements (therefore, as a result of, consequently) because you have to get into level 3 (7-8 marks) you only need to make one point as long as you develop it well.

Nah you need to develop your argument and you need maybe 4 points minimum if you look at mark scheme.
I did the Restless Earth, Ice on the Land, and Water on the Land and I found it pretty easy, hope I can get an A as Geography is one of my worst subjects! Hope everyone gets the grades they want
Original post by blossomhibbert
Did anyone else really struggle with the 8 marker on living world on economic opportunities??

I struggled so much on that question , I ended up skipping it and leaving it till the end. I was unsure if they were asking us to compare uses or sustainable management :frown: think I probably got 3 marks
Original post by amanii_ox
YES I DID THAT!!! YES OMG
I did Q 1, 5, 7

whAt did you do for the one about when u had to draw the map on this bank map, what did u put the labels as (Q5 btw- coasts) i put sandy beaches, bays, headlands

i forgot but, it was those ones around those words and that general gist
wby

I got that, there was also wave cut platforms and stacks
Original post by reu_taylor
I got that, there was also wave cut platforms and stacks

omg i didn't do that ;(
Those boundaries aren't too bad tbf. I'm so happy with the paper though!
i did restless earth, water on the land and the coastal zone
Reply 67
Original post by roshna00
i thought it was good :smile: restless earth and water were great. The only sticky bit was talking about political impacts of sea level rise in Coasts

I totally agree, I think I messed up that question by choosing the wrong case study but oh well:/ what case study did you use?
What did you put for the 8 marker in Restless Earth?. What do you think boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg i didn't do that ;(

its only one or two marks so I wouldn't worry, what other units did you do?
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

Mt St. Helens
For the question about a case study about fold mountains, in the question, it said discuss how people living there are adapted to difficult living styles or w/e. Therefore, I didn't write about HEP, Mining, Tourism and Farming for uses. I had revised adaptations the day before and some points I included were:

-High slopes had infertile soil - therefore, llamas and goats are farmed there
-Consequently, the lower slopes had fertile soil, therefore crops could be grown there
- Limited communications - roads were long and would take ages traveling, therefore, they were adapted to this by building tunnels through the mountains for shortcuts.
-Because they live near mountains and there are hazards such as avalanches - they adapted to this by building large trees to absorb the impact.

So yeah, I think I'm literally the only one who put those down. Either I'm the only one who got that question right, or everyone else got it right and I didn't.......:redface:

*ps, in the spec it says candidates should be aware of how people are ADAPTED to living in tough, extreme places*

Well done to everyone nonetheless! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yay! I think you're right, I put the majority of the points you put too :smile:
Generally, I found tectonics and water on the land really good.
I found the questions in Ice on the Land a bit tricky and weird though, nonetheless hoping I got an A*!
lol for the restless earth.

The figure question with the llamas i wrote they were goats. will i be penalised? I had to rush so i didn't really realise what animal it was.
omg THERE WERE CAVES STUMPS AND STACKS??? included everything else though? I didn't see no stumps or arcs or caves or stacks or any of that omg i'm so blind

how do you know there were caves, you can't tell that from an OS map
Original post by Perfection Ace
For the question about a case study about fold mountains, in the question, it said discuss how people living there are adapted to difficult living styles or w/e. Therefore, I didn't write about HEP, Mining, Tourism and Farming for uses. I had revised adaptations the day before and some points I included were:

-High slopes had infertile soil - therefore, llamas and goats are farmed there
-Consequently, the lower slopes had fertile soil, therefore crops could be grown there
- Limited communications - roads were long and would take ages traveling, therefore, they were adapted to this by building tunnels through the mountains for shortcuts.
-Because they live near mountains and there are hazards such as avalanches - they adapted to this by building large trees to absorb the impact.

So yeah, I think I'm literally the only one who put those down. Either I'm the only one who got that question right, or everyone else got it right and I didn't.......:redface:

*ps, in the spec it says candidates should be aware of how people are ADAPTED to living in tough, extreme places*

Well done to everyone nonetheless! :smile:

i made reference to the figures too
I did 1,4 and 5
Original post by Cj707
In the coasts section what did you put for "describe the wave" 😂

The wave was constructive due to the sediment shown deposited on the walkway, it had a high wave crest due to it reaching such a high point along the walkway. Not only this but due to the high volume of spray, we can tell the wave has a high wave energy.
Original post by Federerr
lol for the restless earth.

The figure question with the llamas i wrote they were goats. will i be penalised? I had to rush so i didn't really realise what animal it was.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they'd accept goats as well! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending