The Student Room Group

CCEA AS Maths C2 Tuesday 31st May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozmo19
Grade boundary predictions for an A?
I think 61

Just because u know it was 61 in 2013?
Awful. couldnt do 6b or 7 at all so 15 marks down the drain right away!. The bearings question i had to completly redo cause i had done it wrong! think its okay now tho... not sure. :biggrin: Anyway it seemed overall really nasty
Original post by O999
I'm sure you'll have picked up some marks for it yeah!! How did you find the rest of it 😁

Alright I guess, could have been better, but it could have been much worse- you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
Alright I guess, could have been better, but it could have been much worse- you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was so awful It was the binomial I had no clue where to even start.. But at least that's maths over :smile:
Original post by O999
I thought it was so awful It was the binomial I had no clue where to even start.. But at least that's maths over :smile:

Yeah, that one was hard- I didn't get the 2nd part of that question either, but as you said, it's done now:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
Yeah, that one was hard- I didn't get the 2nd part of that question either, but as you said, it's done now:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love too see a solution for the second part I got it fully simplified but couldn't get it in the form they wanted. Thankfully I got the first and last part!

How did people do the second log question I got a value but i don't think it was correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Idontlikeict
Just because u know it was 61 in 2013?

I think It was more difficult than that but with people having seen some questions of this style and being prepared for this I thought it would be around 61.
Of course, hoping for <58 obv.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by TomFitness
I got 79 UMS when I first sat C2 and I got 59 raw marks. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 57-59 tbh. If I hadn't of done C2 before I would have seriously struggled with that paper. For instance a few years ago question one of this years paper came up as a question 6or7 and it was worth around 8 marks (may have had a few more terms in the integration though)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. This was my first time sitting it and the last page went better for me than any other page on the rest of the paper. Lost a lot of easy marks like integrating the wrong expression for the area under the curve (misread). Id be more than glad to seem them that low
Original post by ozmo19
Wow. This was my first time sitting it and the last page went better for me than any other page on the rest of the paper. Lost a lot of easy marks like integrating the wrong expression for the area under the curve (misread). Id be more than glad to seem them that low

Tbh I found it a lot easier than C1 but that's probably down to my personal preference of modules. Will need to smash C4 and S1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by TomFitness
I'd love too see a solution for the second part I got it fully simplified but couldn't get it in the form they wanted. Thankfully I got the first and last part!

How did people do the second log question I got a value but i don't think it was correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way I did it was by saying let y=2^x, so I get 3y^2 + 2y - 1 = 0, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending