Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    Thats okay then, and what did you get for the question asking to find the sum from 4 to 12?
    * 4 to 21 and answer is 90 im pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    Here are my answers:

1. a = -2
    2. The transformation was a reflection in the y axis.
    3. M=(9,6), and I think k = 11/2 = 5.5
    4. The sum from 4 to 21 was 90.
    5. The transformation from y=(x^2+9)^1/2 to y=3(x^2+1)^1/2 was a stretch in the x direction scale factor 1/3.
    6. The perimeter of the shaded area was either 13.6 or 13.8, I can't exactly remember which.
    7. Coefficient of x^10 was -1648
    8. Minimum value is 2, which occurs when theta = pi
    9. For a) I got 3^(m/2 - 6n), then the solution to the equation was 5/2 = 2.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timothygrealish)
    I have contracted AIDS from that paper
    very sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    Perimeter was most definitely 13.8 to 3.sf

Note premature rounding may have skewed accuracy

r=√(19.9/0.586) = 5.82743892

Side 1→ 9 – 5.82743892 = 3.17256108
    Side 2 → 8 – 5.82743892 = 2.17256108
    Arc Length = rθ = 3.414879207
    Unaffected length of 5

Perimeter = [Side 1] + [Side 2] + [Arc Length] + [Unaffected Length]

Perimeter = 13.76000137

To 3 s.f = 13.8

ReputationRep:
    why was one of the answers a reflection in the y axis, i got scale factor 1/25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CirclesAreRound)
    Perimeter was most definitely 13.8 to 3.sf

Note premature rounding may have skewed accuracy

r=√(19.9/0.586) = 5.82743892

Side 1→ 9 – 5.82743892 = 3.17256108
    Side 2 → 8 – 5.82743892 = 2.17256108
    Arc Length = rθ = 3.414879207
    Unaffected length of 5

Perimeter = [Side 1] + [Side 2] + [Arc Length] + [Unaffected Length]

Perimeter = 13.76000137

To 3 s.f = 13.8
    i got 13.2, as i worked out the radius but rounded it up straight away and used it to work out my sides? how much marks would i get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    So the question was what transformation maps y=5^x onto y=(0.2)^x. (0.2)^x = (5^-1)^x = 5^(-x),which means it's a translation in the y-axis.

ReputationRep:
    i got 13.2, as i worked out the radius but rounded it up straight away and used it to work out my sides? how much marks would i get?
    Realistically you have probably only lost an A1 mark (So 1 mark overall) but may be 2 if there is a B1 mark floating around in the marks somewhere.

Not to worry, the question aimed to test methodology and logic. You achieved a large portion of the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tau)
    So the question was what transformation maps y=5^x onto y=(0.2)^x. (0.2)^x = (5^-1)^x = 5^(-x),which means it's a translation in the y-axis.
    it still works with factor 1/25 this is driving me crazyy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CirclesAreRound)
    Realistically you have probably only lost an A1 mark (So 1 mark overall) but may be 2 if there is a B1 mark floating around in the marks somewhere.

Not to worry, the question aimed to test methodology and logic. You achieved a large portion of the marks
    im kinda nervous tho, for one of the sides i didnt show my owrking out, as in i didnt do the side minus the radius, because i had literally no time left..

ReputationRep:
    im kinda nervous tho, for one of the sides i didnt show my owrking out, as in i didnt do the side minus the radius, because i had literally no time left..
    It really will depend on where the marks lie scattered throughout; for example working out the sides could contain both an A1 and M1 mark throwing 2 marks into doubt (Alongside the final A1 mark so 3 marks in total)

But there is absolutely no good worrying about it now, press on with revision for your applied module whether it be D1,S1or M1. It will be your last shot at your final grade, so make it count. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    And you also had to do tan^-1 (1) as well so i think it was 129, 309, 45 and 225. I think that's right.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 93 for that sigma notation question? Let me know please thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    So noone else got 10.7 as the perimeter? I got 4.12 as the value of r??
    Yo i did but some people are getting 13.6 im not sure which one is right tho

ReputationRep:
    I got 13.8 i believe. But im pretty sure you could have an answer in the range of 13.2-13.8 depending on what you round what you keep exact etc

ReputationRep:
    I got that too 😔

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for your help, i know the other thread made a sort of mark scheme but im gonna make a more 'official' one for core 2 which will hopefully be done by tomorrow or friday which will show you where the marks are allocated and what kinds of answers examiners will accept

ReputationRep:
    For integration questions does it matter if you forget to put '+ C' at the end because I can't remember whether I did or not?

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I made 1 = log4(4) because loga(a) = 1, then removed the log function off all logs (after multiplying the first 2 together based on log rules), I then solved and only got 1 value, which it stated so im pretty confident it was right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roman hang Limbu)
    Yo i did but some people are getting 13.6 im not sure which one is right tho
    I think we're wrong, sadly... do you reckon we could still get 2/3 marks for method somehow?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.