Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oswim)
    As in 6mg? Because that's what I got for the last question! I got k = 2/3 and agree with strangebannanas answers for everything else. I thought it was a really nice exam overall - lots of show thats. Hopefully I got the 90 ums i need
    I think I got 6mg too! How did you answer the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohdstudent)
    Can anyone remember what the very last part of the last question asked for exactly?

Because i didnt get what you guys got. All i did was find tension when P is attached then I found the tension P+Q are attached and found the difference and i got a positive number. Will I get any marks for this??

Also I am getting both M3 and M2 full papers tomorrow so if anyone is interested in having a copy let me know.
    I'm interested!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what the very last part of the last question asked for exactly?

Because i didnt get what you guys got. All i did was find tension when P is attached then I found the tension P+Q are attached and found the difference and i got a positive number. Will I get any marks for this??

Also I am getting both M3 and M2 full papers tomorrow so if anyone is interested in having a copy let me know.
    Yes please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ¡Muy bien!)
    I'm interested!

Ok Ill send it tomorrow. Do you know if i will be getting any marks for the last question???

ReputationRep:

it was the instantaneous change in tension, so yeah - find it for the instants before and after the collision and subtract

I think I got 6mg too! How did you answer the question?
    (Original post by cbricknell)
    Guys, the answer to the last question was actually 6.
    I asked my teacher and shes got a Doctorate and she said no one in the class she knows of got it right.
    it is 6mg, my bad

:< I put a 5 inside a square root when I shouldn't have

EDIT:
    actually it isn't 6mg lol, I think you put a 5 inside a square root when you shouldn't have :P the answer is definitely -8mg/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    it was the instantaneous change in tension, so yeah - find it for the instants before and after the collision and subtract

it is 6mg, my bad

:< I put a 5 inside a square root when I shouldn't have

EDIT:
    actually it isn't 6mg lol, I think you put a 5 inside a square root when you shouldn't have :P the answer is definitely -8mg/3
    How is the change negative? shouldnt tension be greater when the mass is greater so change should be +? I mean just thinking about intuitively..Anyway do you think Ill get any marks if i wrote 6mg and showed all my working? And I am getting the paper tomorrow so we can check.

ReputationRep:
    How is the change negative? shouldnt tension be greater when the mass is greater so change should be +? I mean just thinking about intuitively..Anyway do you think Ill get any marks if i wrote 6mg and showed all my working? And I am getting the paper tomorrow so we can check.
    well it could be positive, but in this case the decrease in speed is enough to make it negative; in the expression for tension speed is squared, anyway, so it's going to have a larger effect than the mass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jbird1)
    Yes please!
    How are you getting the papers??

ReputationRep:
    How are you getting the papers??
    From my teacher, he is giving me a copy of M2 and 3.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me how to do the calculating speed question in SHM. what was the value they gave us?

ReputationRep:

could you please inbox me the m3 paper. would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have them yet?

ReputationRep:

please can I have one?

ReputationRep:
    so was the question asking uss to show that k=2 wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I just cannot believe it I ****ed up something I prepared so much for, now I have to wait till October and the result won't even appear on my ucas application, what the **** is wrong with the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemari1)
    so was the question asking uss to show that k=2 wrong?
    there was a question that said show k = 2 yeah, but there was a different k which was 2/3

ReputationRep:
    there was a question that said show k = 2 yeah, but there was a different k which was 2/3
    thanks, do you know of any other similar exams I can take between now and October?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemari1)
    thanks, do you know of any other similar exams I can take between now and October?
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean?
    if you know of any exam with the same value of the qualification of M3 I can take between now and October 2016?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.