Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EDEXCEL CORE 2 MAY 2016 - Unoffical Markscheme W/ Explained Answers watch

ReputationRep:
    On 9 part d) I found out what x was, but completely forgot to find p using that. how many marks will i lose?

ReputationRep:
    ALSO wth does 'solutions using geographical and numerical methods are not acceptable' mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishaniss)
    ALSO wth does 'solutions using geographical and numerical methods are not acceptable' mean
    would i get method marks for writing equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DW4)
    From question 6, you said "You had to disregard the 2 value as it is larger than one leaving sin^-1 of 1/4 which was 14.5." but it's: sin^-1 of -1/4 which was -14.5.
    Yeah!! But as long as you account for it being negative in the cast diagram it's ok! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b0bzzta)
    1. Hey can anybody go through the trig identities question, it was 1-2cos(theta-PI/5) = 0 then ii) was 4cos^2x + 7sinx-2=0 i think for 0<=x<=360
    Great memory of the questions!!!
    Question 1 you had to do some rearranging and you ended up you cos(theta-Pi/5) = 1/2. You then had to let y = (theta-Pi/5) and proceed to solve.

This requires more manipulation.
    You know that cos^x + sin^x = 1 therefore cos^x= 1 - sin^2x
    Substitute in to get 4(1-sin^2x) + 7 sinx - 2=0
    4-4sin^2x + 7sinx - 2 =0
    4 sin^x -7 sinx - 2 = 0 and let y = sin X
    4y^s - 7y - 2 = 0
    (4y+1)(y-2) = 0
    Y = -1/4 or 2 and ignore the 2 then do cast

ReputationRep:
    great😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishaniss)
    On 9 part d) I found out what x was, but completely forgot to find p using that. how many marks will i lose?
    probably 2

ReputationRep:
    Care to explain question 8 pleaseeeee.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.