MHoC help thread

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Though one could argue that still on site is different to last activity... (in one case, 6 months ago...)
    I could be wrong but sub-forum posts which require permissions won't show (for example anybody looking at yours probably won't see your Tory sub-forum posts). Hence it's possible Jarred and Miser are making 20,000 posts a day in AAM ect..

Or i could have heard bull.

(Original post by Pickles)
    Trumpo is a dupe, so not to allow in as they are now banned. NickLCFC is fine.

Sorsia Ree is a dupe of Whiggy - so not allowed in!
    Curious who Trumpo is a dupe of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I could be wrong but sub-forum posts which require permissions won't show (for example anybody looking at yours probably won't see your Tory sub-forum posts). Hence it's possible Jarred and Miser are making 20,000 posts a day in AAM ect..

Absolutely correct. For instance I can't see all my green and liberal party posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

(Original post by Aph)
    Absolutely correct. For instance I can't see all my green and liberal party posts.
    Yes about the posts, but I presume posting isn't the only thing which triggers the last activity?

And post count would still be increasing... Like, my post count is the same if you look at it, or if Aph looks at it, despite him not having access to the Tory sub...

ReputationRep:
    Yes about the posts, but I presume posting isn't the only thing which triggers the last activity?

And post count would still be increasing... Like, my post count is the same if you look at it, or if Aph looks at it, despite him not having access to the Tory sub...
    Based on the app (when you look at someone's profile it tells you exactly what thread, wiki, profile they are on) I'd assume so.

And again absolutely correct, 25322?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Based on the app (when you look at someone's profile it tells you exactly what thread, wiki, profile they are on) I'd assume so.

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes.
    Ha! Wrong! 25,324!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Ha! Wrong! 25,324!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Pickles

Do I have wiki editing powers to do things like update Hansard, because I can't see any extra powers having appeared on that page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Hi Pickles

Do I have wiki editing powers to do things like update Hansard, because I can't see any extra powers having appeared on that page?
    You need to join the wiki editor user group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You need to join the wiki editor user group.
    Ah right, I assumed it would come with CA powers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Ah right, I assumed it would come with CA powers.
    It should have done and was on the list a while back as far as I'm aware for what powers the Speaker should have - odd that it's now been removed :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Pickles

Can I have a dupe check done on 'MForster1' please?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Pickles

Cheers
    I had a dupe check on MForster1 done and it came back clean. It should be earlier in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I had a dupe check on MForster1 done and it came back clean. It should be earlier in this thread.
    I'd still rather be sure as the name is rather suspicious. It's why I've requested a second check. I've had a member come back clean who turned out to be a dupe previously. I'd rather it didn't happen again.

ReputationRep:
    I'd still rather be sure as the name is rather suspicious. It's why I've requested a second check. I've had a member come back clean who turned out to be a dupe previously. I'd rather it didn't happen again.
    Fair enough. The reason we didn't let them in was because they did seem rather suspicious, even though they passed their dupe check.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. The reason we didn't let them in was because they did seem rather suspicious, even though they passed their dupe check.
    When did they apply to join Labour? As I received a PM this morning asking me to give the differences between our parties. I cited my post in the join a party thread. And then they said they'd applied to join the party.

ReputationRep:
    When did they apply to join Labour? As I received a PM this morning asking me to give the differences between our parties. I cited my post in the join a party thread. And then they said they'd applied to join the party.
    A few days ago. They asked me the same question. They might be perfectly fine but in light of recent circumstances, we have had to tighten our security even further.

ReputationRep:
    Pickles - please can you give user group controls to DanE1998?

ReputationRep:
    Pickles

Cheers
    Nothing on this still - worth keeping an eye on though. Thank you.

Pickles - please can you give user group controls to DanE1998?
    All done for you now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Would you please perform a dupe check on ATW1?

Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.