Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    yeah but that's the whole point. Exams are meant to be hard and if you found it hard there's no point complaining -
    its pointless...
    actually, the 'whole point' of exams isn't for them to be hard, its for them to test your knowledge based on the material provided by the exam board etc. and complaining makes some people (ie me) feel better, its a free world, if i wanna complain i straight up will. i don't get why you're even on this thread if the complaining is irritating you or if you disagree? like???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    I'm pretty sure it would've been last minute revision...
    nopeee.. i did every single past paper and i bought revision books and etc. but still found some things hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This cannot be serious….
    jesus 'lets sue edexcel' im not actually gonna sue them am i? it is clearly an indication of my anger and intolerance of the exams. yall need to chill! nobodys allowed to talk anymore these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    'The Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised.'
    Jesus, people need to stop with these bloody assumptions, half of us nearly died revising but we still found it difficult. Its a matter of opinion.
    Ok if you found it hard it's your problem, not the exam boards. I am not debating the fact you revised but the fact that you might have found the questions difficult due to the wording not due to the lack of revision. If you found it tough it's your problem so stop with this let's sue Edexcel crap. I also find Maths tough and really want a B and did find some parts of the paper difficult but this was due to my own lack of ability and not the paper. I can also go and whine on social media but I choose not to.

ReputationRep:
    this is getting ridiculous, stop complaining it was an exam it's not supposed to be easy

ReputationRep:
    actually, the 'whole point' of exams isn't for them to be hard, its for them to test your knowledge based on the material provided by the exam board etc. and complaining makes some people (ie me) feel better, its a free world, if i wanna complain i straight up will. i don't get why you're even on this thread if the complaining is irritating you or if you disagree? like???
    They test you and if you've done all the past papers and stuff and understand what sort of questions will come up then everyone will get a higher mark so to stop that from happening, they make the paper harder. Therefore it will be harder... and I didn't even reply to you, you replied to me, if you wanted to you could've just ignored it, like you said, its a free world

ReputationRep:
    Hey r ur subjects reformed??? no??? OCR ones are so help me w sueing them pls thankx (: (: (:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    jesus 'lets sue edexcel' im not actually gonna sue them am i? it is clearly an indication of my anger and intolerance of the exams. yall need to chill! nobodys allowed to talk anymore these days.
    Calm down, good lord. As a sage person once told me: "nobodys allowed to talk anymore these days."

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, stop complaining about the ****ing exams. They're done, aren't they? There's nothing that anybody can do. If the exam was hard, and the majority found them hard, then expect the grade boundaries to be low. There's no point in complaining because the response is always going to be that they've tested students based on what is written on their spec. Stop complaining and focus on your other exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powersymphonia)
    Which maths questions did everyone find difficult?
    I found it difficult to complete all the questions as I haven't touched last 6 questions.I know I wouldnt know how to do them as I am 'C', but how do the 'A' students manage to do all of the questions in 1h45 mins in beyond my imagination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Ffs, stop complaining about the ****ing exams. They're done, aren't they? There's nothing that anybody can do. If the exam was hard, and the majority found them hard, then expect the grade boundaries to be low. There's no point in complaining because the response is always going to be that they've tested students based on what is written on their spec. Stop complaining and focus on your other exams.
    i'll complain if i want to. nobody told you to stay on the thread and read my complaints

ReputationRep:
    Everybody just please stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georginarowley)
    Woah man chill, who gave you the blues today??
    btw we need a break at some point, general consensus is we all sat a shocking maths exam. Just a thought
    The GCSE one was fine, so don't even bother complaining. But A-Levels, fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Ok if you found it hard it's your problem, not the exam boards. I am not debating the fact you revised but the fact that you might have found the questions difficult due to the wording not due to the lack of revision. If you found it tough it's your problem so stop with this let's sue Edexcel crap. I also find Maths tough and really want a B and did find some parts of the paper difficult but this was due to my own lack of ability and not the paper. I can also go and whine on social media but I choose not to.
    'I can also go and whine on social media but I choose not to.'
    yeah mate, you choose not to and i choose to. so if its irritating u just leave. no more time wasting lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bantaleg)
    Here's some tips:
    1. Turn off the laptop
    2. Study

Then after the exam:
    1. Sit down
    2. Shut up
    Here's a tip, don't be an ********, this is only a feed for people with a sense of humour, not a feed for the obnoxious ( that that counts as u so u should leave ) go join a chat for politics or something
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by anneka2)
    Here's a tip, don't be an ********, this is only a feed for people with a sense of humour, not a feed for the obnoxious ( that that counts as u so u should leave ) go join a chat for politics or something
    I wouldn't describe op as having a sense of humour; this is a standard "wah, I didn't like that exam" thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I think you are just overacting the Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised. I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity. I do think the AQA Biology exam was out of order but there really was nothing wrong with the Edexcel Maths paper. If Edexcel gave you a ridiculously easy paper than the grade boundaries would have become too high so a paper like this is just what we needed to keep the grade boundaries down.
    U didn't even take the exam lol, we are not over reacting, the whole after exam forums are just for fun to take OUR mind of EXAMS, btw what is it with u guys on the STUDENT room if ur not even a STUDENT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I wouldn't describe op as having a sense of humour; this is a standard "wah, I didn't like that exam" thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok what i'm trying to say is people who didn't take the exam yet have plenty opinions on it should leave, we don't need judgment from people taking things too literally, for god sake people, if u didn't take the exam stop saying it was easy if u revised, we all revised, Most of us found it difficult, ur conclusion is proven right there to be bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anneka2)
    Ok what i'm trying to say is people who didn't take the exam yet have plenty opinions on it should leave, we don't need judgment from people taking things too literally, for god sake people, if u didn't take the exam stop saying it was easy if u revised, we all revised, Most of us found it difficult, ur conclusion is proven right there to be bs
    totally agree^... i didn't sit the exam, but if complaining is helping them cope with the post-exam stress, then i don't really see why it should be affecting us. Advise them for the exams to come to help them, but don't criticise em and make em feel worse

ReputationRep:
    I had the edexcel higher maths today. A lot of what I revised wasn't on the paper. For me, this was going to be the harder paper of the two.

I did have a melt down this afternoon, much calmer now. I'm pretty certain I've got around a D grade on this paper.

I found the paper difficult but at my old age, 27, this is the first time I've ever taken a maths GCSE and have only studied it for 9 months, 2 hours a week evening college and the rest YouTube on my days off. When I look it at it that way, the paper was probably about right in terms of difficulty, although the surds question was ridiculous.

I'm all for ranting, I've had a few rants and tears about it today and feel much better for it, we can sometimes do more damage by holding the stress in. It's better coming out as a few taps on a keyboard that being kept in to build up. Especially when you've got more exams ahead.

I'll be happy with my D, to go from nothing to a D for me, personally, is an achievement. Next time I take it, I'll pass. I took this exam on for me, to widen my job prospects (although I haven't done that badly) and to hopefully work towards some business courses in the future.

It was a long time ago I did any qualifications but I can't even begin to try and imagine how most of you must feel. For me, this is optional. For a lot of you I know your college/university places are absolute dependant on it. For those reasons I send you all the luck, faith and positivity in the world. From what I've read on here a lot of you seem to have done fab.

So have your rant and rages, have a cry, tell Angie and her Varnish to do one( it was the rent one that got me - who can rent anywhere for £240?!) just knuckle down and fingers crossed for the next paper. Have a little faith. Don't worry about what anyone else has got, or not got, or when they got it, or how the got it!

And if it doesn't happen for you now, it will do eventually, have a little faith. Everyone's path is different, especially Angie's, and her half varnished floor.

Good luck everyone for the 9th x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.