Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think you'd survive prison? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    We're literally talking about prison so of course I'm gonna connect you using bail to mean what it actually means...there are other ways to say help someone out than "bail" I don't even use the term bail to mean that lol and no you're the prison guru telling people to bulk up or they don't stand a chance. Which is utter ****ing bolocks. Most people are not big guys and they only get those muscles if they work out out of complete boredom.
    Did I say anywhere that I was experienced? And did I say anywhere that you don't stand a chance without muscles. I'm just saying that it could be helpful. And then again, there are many people who've come out of prison unscathed without needing of the things either of us have listed

and yeah, "bail out" is more a more informal phrase that suited the situation i was describing, and just had that meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longshot100)
    Did I say anywhere that I was experienced? And did I say anywhere that you don't stand a chance without muscles. I'm just saying that it could be helpful. And then again, there are many people who've come out of prison unscathed without needing of the things either of us have listed
    I said in like the beginning it might not even be that srs to need shanks or muscles but you saying muscles makes it a better time it's not always so simple as that.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Probably. I'm a big fella, I can fight, yet I'm quite likeable so I'd probably make friends. I've also got uncles who are always in and out of prison who I could get advice from.
    Lmao same why's it always uncles. And yea fighting skills don't come with size so as long as you can throw and have no enemies there you should be good.

ReputationRep:
    As Spongebob says: as long as you don't drop the soap you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    depends
    if they had kpop then yeah definitely
    if not then i'd probably get myself into fights just because im bored
    and 99% chance die in the process

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. But if I did I wouldn't be letting go of that soap

ReputationRep:
    Lmao same why's it always uncles. And yea fighting skills don't come with size so as long as you can throw and have no enemies there you should be good.
    Weird right :lol: Don't have much to do with them tbh, bunch of thieving *******s :rofl: but I know I could ask them for help if I needed it.
    Yeah I've trained in different martial arts and fighting styles all my life tbh, I'm pretty damn quick for a big guy and I hit hard Wouldn't necessarily say size and skills don't go hand in hand, certainly wouldn't want any of the UFC heavyweights to get hold of me Look up Michael Jai White as well, huge guy and fast as. If you keep up the martial arts and use explosive positives when you lift weights then getting big doesn't have to mean getting slow.

ReputationRep:
    i've been in secure mental hospitals on at least four long occasions, if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    I said in like the beginning it might not even be that srs to need shanks or muscles but you saying muscles makes it a better time it's not always so simple as that.
    Well, at least we're finally coming to some sort of an agreement now! I simply said that among a multitude of other factors, muscles could be helpful. Not for every situation, and that's it.
    Anyway, i think it'd get too ugly and boring to continue this any longer. Whilst I don't fully agree with everything you said, there was some things that I agree with, and I'd just like to be done with this whole thing after a single suggestion I made sparked this debate =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Weird right :lol: Don't have much to do with them tbh, bunch of thieving *******s :rofl: but I know I could ask them for help if I needed it.
    Yeah I've trained in different martial arts and fighting styles all my life tbh, I'm pretty damn quick for a big guy and I hit hard Wouldn't necessarily say size and skills don't go hand in hand, certainly wouldn't want any of the UFC heavyweights to get hold of me Look up Michael Jai White as well, huge guy and fast as. If you keep up the martial arts and use explosive positives when you lift weights then getting big doesn't have to mean getting slow.
    Well training in MMA is unique lol most people aint big nor do they have professional fighting skill though I find just a bit of sparring on a bag could work. Most slugs call for just rage and desperation tbh like pick up the nearest whatever and whack em that's how ppl get by because they don't have skill, so in essence, MMA training aint needed but I'm sure it would help. Fancy spinning kicks tend to get in the way though but perhaps make the fight end quicker lol Well again UFC are professional trainers so of course they're trained to fight at their size. The average person doesn't just suddenly become a ninja warrior because they get muscles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    i've been in secure mental hospitals on at least four long occasions, if that helps?
    LMAO why do I believe you??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longshot100)
    Well, at least we're finally coming to some sort of an agreement now! I simply said that among a multitude of other factors, muscles could be helpful. Not for every situation, and that's it.
    Anyway, i think it'd get too ugly and boring to continue this any longer. Whilst I don't fully agree with everything you said, there was some things that I agree with, and I'd just like to be done with this whole thing after a single suggestion I made sparked this debate =P
    Eh whateva

ReputationRep:
    I would dig a big hole in the shower and have my mates dig an even bigger mile long tunnel and escape.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO why do I believe you??!
    Do you think that was a walk in the park? What was the longest time you ever spent 'away' then?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. My room looks like a ****ing cell anyways.
    And my kitchen serves prison food anyways.
    And my life is rife with violence anyways.

Damn, and how do you think you'd survive?

No. The Hole or protective custody or solitary confinement is limited cells and space so only reserved for people who seriously need it. Being a coward won't get you booked for you own little space. Soz.
    Have you been to prison yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Do you think that was a walk in the park? What was the longest time you ever spent 'away' then?
    Nah wait you can't just move on let's discuss this, why were you in the mental ward my friend? And I was just in remand. I never got charged with it, so I never did time for a crime, I just waited in jail for a couple weeks waiting for court.

ReputationRep:
    well if it's a cat-C or cat-B then probably, the worst that would happen is a fist fight which I've done many times on the streets but if its Cat-A or worse, an American supermax then I'd probably be dead in a couple weeks cuz of all the gangs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Have you been to prison yourself?
    I just answered it to john.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    well if it's a cat-C or cat-B then probably, the worst that would happen is a fist fight which I've done many times on the streets but if its Cat-A or worse, an American supermax then I'd probably be dead in a couple weeks cuz of all the gangs
    Did you know that the aryan brotherhood most of their recruits aint even racist they were just white and needed protection. I'd just have to become an American skinhead lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_a99)
    After reading some stories and watching some videos on a page online I don't think I'd be able to survive prison at all.
    Nope! I'd be torn apart. If I ever get sent to prison, it'll be suicide for me

ReputationRep:
    I just answered it to john.
    What was it like? A guy at my work got put in jail for a night for calling a police officer 'bacon breath' lmao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.