Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i honestly wouldn't recommend doing it since you can't see yourself doing anything highly mathematical in the future. i'm currently doing at AS (will drop it in September) and found it has just wasted a lot of my time that i could've put in on other subjects.. it's a massive jump from GCSE and if it isn't a necessity for your future career then i wouldn't bother. your call though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    Hi which units are AS maths?
    You'll lose the nonchalant (I'm a B/C student but it'll be fine) when you start, trust me.

(Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    You'll lose the nonchalant (I'm a B/C student but it'll be fine) when you start, trust me.
    Hi thanks! Please tell me about what your maths GCSE grade was and how you find A level maths. What grade are you working at in AS Maths and when did you start learning/revising the content yourself? How hard did you have to work to get to where you're at... How many hours have you put in? Any advice for me?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    What did you get at GCSE and a level maths?
    A* at gcse without revision
    Get my AS and A2 results on results day

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely recommend it! Maths at A Level is one of the most useful A Levels to have, and will help you get in almost any course at uni. However, I do know quite a few people who absolutely hate it and really want to drop it after year 12... On the contrary, there are a fair few people who find A Level Maths much easier than their other subjects!

If you're getting As-A*s at GCSE, then you're more than capable of doing it. The key with A Levels is the work you put in, and since you've worked to mprove your grades at GCSE maths, I'm sure this won't be a problem either

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend it! A great A level to do tbh , it requires less time too so yeah you should do it imo and universities consider it a lot so yeah it'd look great on your application! Even if you get an A at Gcse like i did its not hard to get an A* at A level Maths!

ReputationRep:
    I've already done fsmq which is c1 of a level maths in year 11, which I found okay. I'm predicted an a* and an a in fsmq (you can't get an a*) so do you think I'd be okay for a level? considering changing geography to maths, but I'm naturally better at geog (one of the best in my year) but it's not as helpful for my uni choices (dentistry or law). I am good at maths though and I enjoy it, please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritxals;[url="tel:65243785")
    65243785[/url]]I've already done fsmq which is c1 of a level maths in year 11, which I found okay. I'm predicted an a* and an a in fsmq (you can't get an a*) so do you think I'd be okay for a level? considering changing geography to maths, but I'm naturally better at geog (one of the best in my year) but it's not as helpful for my uni choices (dentistry or law). I am good at maths though and I enjoy it, please help!
    If you're getting an A in FSMQ then you'll be more than suited for A Level - there isn't that much more you learn on the core modules in year 12. Plus if you enjoy it then it's a winner A Level maths is one of the best to have and would definitely recommend it, especially with the grades you're getting

(Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    If you're getting an A in FSMQ then you'll be more than suited for A Level - there isn't that much more you learn on the core modules in year 12. Plus if you enjoy it then it's a winner A Level maths is one of the best to have and would definitely recommend it, especially with the grades you're getting
    Should I do A level maths

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    I would definitely recommend it! Maths at A Level is one of the most useful A Levels to have, and will help you get in almost any course at uni. However, I do know quite a few people who absolutely hate it and really want to drop it after year 12... On the contrary, there are a fair few people who find A Level Maths much easier than their other subjects!

If you're getting As-A*s at GCSE, then you're more than capable of doing it. The key with A Levels is the work you put in, and since you've worked to mprove your grades at GCSE maths, I'm sure this won't be a problem either

Good luck!
    Completely agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_;[url="tel:65248875")
    65248875[/url]]Should I do A level maths

Thanks
    If you enjoy it, and are determined to work hard in it, then yes I would definitely recommend it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.