Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Im talking about making money.
    Yeah I figured that out? Why should I be thinking of money though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Yeah I figured that out? Why should I be thinking of money though?
    So you could buy things? Save money for your future...do you have a car?
    Hustle your a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    So you could buy things? Save money for your future...do you have a car?
    Hustle your a guy.
    I have a car... and I have money saved, I don't want a summer job. I want to buy a Samsung note tablet to take my notes though. I'll buy that soon.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty Little Liars is my favourite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    Pretty Little Liars is my favourite
    No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I have a car... and I have money saved, I don't want a summer job. I want to buy a Samsung note tablet to take my notes though. I'll buy that soon.
    Okay.

The Challenge on MTV and The Real world- skip to yesterday's episode only, it's getting juicy.

Mtv.ca or mtv.com you can find a whole lot of stuff to watch there.

ReputationRep:
    Luther and Orphan Black 👌🏼👌🏼

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I watch most of the shows you watch! And did you see the latest episodes of DC and flash??

I'm shocked that you haven't watched Supernatural. Having watched over 30 shows or so, i Can honestly say that It is by far the best! It's ratings on IMDB speak for itself but it is just amazing. Like the plot is always changing and intense and imaginative. the characters are absolutely AMAZING! Before you start watching though, be prepared for alot of tears. Oh and there is 11 seasons but trust me its worth it. Sometimes you have to stick with it like during the 6/7 season, but PLEASE just give it a try.

I would also recommend grimm-similar to supernatural but it is just fantastic. I could talk about all the shows i'm recommending all day, but you just to the research.

Other shows :
    Greys anatomy - don;t even get me started! If i do , i would probably start getting emotional but ughhh this shows takes you on an emotional rollercoaster.
    Teen wolf- Great plot and stiles is just adorable.Each epsiode is packed with mystery,drama,suspense...
    Limitless-sunny, interesting and unique
    Blindspot
    agents of shield
    izombie
    Once upon a time-Sooo clever
    Switched at birth-Drama and so unpredictable, oh you can also learn a bit of sign language

Also need some recommendations! So if you've got any please tell em !

ReputationRep:
    X
    Damn, you have all the good shows still ahead of you. This is a partial list of the canon of the Golden Age of Television. Start with Breaking Bad, that can pop your cherry in terms of being inducted into more sophisticated and more stimulating (and addictive) TV shows

The Americans
    Mr Robot
    Breaking Bad
    Master of None
    Game of Thrones
    The Outs
    Halt and Catch Fire
    The Sopranos
    The Wire

I don't want to sound too pretentious, but these are the kind of shows that people who love television as a medium and have broadly sophisticated tastes watch, and having seen them is a marker (a shibboleth, as such) between such people that you know you're with a like-minded person.

They work both on the level of being addictive and interesting in terms of plotting, but also work on a much higher literary level of complex and fascinating characterisation as well so they appeal to both low-brow and high-brow viewers

ReputationRep:
    One with lots of episodes, decent acting and good story line.

I don't want to see any Animes or Doctor Who.

I've already watched these so don't suggest them.
    Arrow
    The Flash
    Legends of tomorrow
    Downton Abbey
    Penny Dreadful
    Sleepy Hollow
    Modern Family
    Sherlock
    Supergirl
    Scandal
    How to get away with murder
    Bates Motel
    Lucifer
    Gotham
    The Big Bang Theory
    Friends
    Try Orphan Black?

ReputationRep:
    One with lots of episodes, decent acting and good story line.

I don't want to see any Animes or Doctor Who.

I've already watched these so don't suggest them.
    Arrow
    The Flash
    Legends of tomorrow
    Downton Abbey
    Penny Dreadful
    Sleepy Hollow
    Modern Family
    Sherlock
    Supergirl
    Scandal
    How to get away with murder
    Bates Motel
    Lucifer
    Gotham
    The Big Bang Theory
    Friends
    Peaky Blinders - Season 3s currently on atm
    Daredevil - Because you seem to like superhero themed shows and this is a really good one especially season 2
    Sens8 - Its a really original concept and they've portrayed the idea really well
    Vikings
    ArrestedDevelopment (for a sitcom)
    Breaking Bad
    Luther - Based on a Sherlock Holmes type character
    Heroes (You can catch up in time for the new reboot series)
    Mr Robot - It has one hell of a plot twist

Thats all I can think of frim the top off my head but they're

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Damn, you have all the good shows still ahead of you. This is a partial list of the canon of the Golden Age of Television. Start with Breaking Bad, that can pop your cherry in terms of being inducted into more sophisticated and more stimulating (and addictive) TV shows

The Americans
    Mr Robot
    Breaking Bad
    Master of None
    Game of Thrones
    The Outs
    Halt and Catch Fire
    The Sopranos
    The Wire

I don't want to sound too pretentious, but these are the kind of shows that people who love television as a medium and have broadly sophisticated tastes watch, and having seen them is a marker (a shibboleth, as such) between such people that you know you're with a like-minded person.

They work both on the level of being addictive and interesting in terms of plotting, but also work on a much higher literary level of complex and fascinating characterisation as well so they appeal to both low-brow and high-brow viewers
    How is Breaking Bad sophisticated? There's no complex writing or anything literary. For my "high brow" tv I look at Downton Abbey and Penny Dreadful. Amazing acting, storylines and cast with the full literary works.

GOT - I don't like it
    Sopranos - doesn't seem that great

I've never seen any of the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    Try Orphan Black?
    Don't like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay. Others I'd recommend are American Horror Story, Grey's Anatomy, House, Lie To Me, Misfits, Skins and The Inbetweeners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    Hey!

I watch most of the shows you watch! And did you see the latest episodes of DC and flash??

I'm shocked that you haven't watched Supernatural. Having watched over 30 shows or so, i Can honestly say that It is by far the best! It's ratings on IMDB speak for itself but it is just amazing. Like the plot is always changing and intense and imaginative. the characters are absolutely AMAZING! Before you start watching though, be prepared for alot of tears. Oh and there is 11 seasons but trust me its worth it. Sometimes you have to stick with it like during the 6/7 season, but PLEASE just give it a try.

I would also recommend grimm-similar to supernatural but it is just fantastic. I could talk about all the shows i'm recommending all day, but you just to the research.

Other shows :
    Greys anatomy - don;t even get me started! If i do , i would probably start getting emotional but ughhh this shows takes you on an emotional rollercoaster.
    Teen wolf- Great plot and stiles is just adorable.Each epsiode is packed with mystery,drama,suspense...
    Limitless-sunny, interesting and unique
    Blindspot
    agents of shield
    izombie
    Once upon a time-Sooo clever
    Switched at birth-Drama and so unpredictable, oh you can also learn a bit of sign language

Also need some recommendations! So if you've got any please tell em !
    Yeah I'm annoyed that I have to wait until October to see any new episodes with any of them. It's ashame they stop in the summer. Flash, Arrow, legends :zomg:

Supernatural isn't bad but I feel like it doesn't take itself seriously and I don't like that. It's the style of show I like. I rather Sleepy Hollow to Supernatural, it's a lot scarier too.

As for teen wolf, I can't stand these high school shows.
    I think agents of shield is boring. Did you mention Daredevil? I think it's boring along with Jessica Jones.
    Greys is not my type of show either. It's good but it wouldn't captivate me.
    I watched switched at birth already, it's too high school but it isn't bad either.

Never seen iZombie, limitless or blindspot, I'll check it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    Okay. Others I'd recommend are American Horror Story, Grey's Anatomy, House, Lie To Me, Misfits, Skins and The Inbetweeners.
    I loved Misfits

ReputationRep:
    Game of thrones and greys anatomy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAK151099)
    I loved Misfits
    Same! Wish there'd been more seasons.

ReputationRep:
    For my "high brow" tv I look at Downton Abbey and Penny Dreadful. Amazing acting, storylines and cast with the full literary works.
    You seem to be confusing the fact Downton Abbey is about aristocrats with it being high-brow. :lol:

Downton Abbey is a soap opera, it's just filmed with a single-camera set-up with decent equipment giving the appearance of quality drama; that says little about its artistic value.

And unfortunately like most UK "prestige" dramas, it is years behind prestige US productions from the likes of AMC, HBO and FX in the quality of the writing and even the technical accomplishment and cinematography (single exception to that perhaps being Wolf Hall)

The fact it's not a multi-cam production like Eastenders doesn't mean it's not, at its base, based on the same breathless, cliffhanger-esque soap opera principles that appeal to less sophisticated minds.

Re Game of Thrones, Sopranos and Downton, I think you've made the quality of your aesthetic and artistic discernment quite clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAK151099)
    Peaky Blinders - Season 3s currently on atm
    Daredevil - Because you seem to like superhero themed shows and this is a really good one especially season 2
    Sens8 - Its a really original concept and they've portrayed the idea really well
    Vikings
    ArrestedDevelopment (for a sitcom)
    Breaking Bad
    Luther - Based on a Sherlock Holmes type character
    Heroes (You can catch up in time for the new reboot series)
    Mr Robot - It has one hell of a plot twist

Thats all I can think of frim the top off my head but they're
    Oh and also Being Human (the UK version) its been a long time since i=I've watched it but I remember it being enjoyable, and also The Office (US Version) for a Mockumentary type series

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.