Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I get naked for charity? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's an art,isn't it? Art can be harmful? I don't think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    It's an art,isn't it? Art can be harmful? I don't think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it's not really an artistic nude calendar. It's just a fun one to raise money for a charity called Kaleidoscope. Would you do it?

ReputationRep:
    It is a brave thing to do, I give you that,

Personally, I'd never do it but it does seem to be a growing trend in unis for students to be getting their kit off to raise funds, and it's probably a really good way to raise funds tbh.

Make sure you stay calm and don't worry about it- how is anyone going to make fun of someone for wanting to help others? At least you aren't fully nude (as in showing what's down under)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanHardy)
    I'd do, I'm comfortable being naked in front of others. It doesn't bother some people. Plus it's for charity which is a good thing
    (Original post by Steelmeat)
    Lol who cares? let ppl stare at your big dingly dong, it's all fine....
    (Original post by richpanda)
    I'm sure there could never ever be any negative repurcussions to this at all...
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    What field so you want to go into?
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Guys I've decided now- I'm going to do it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serions871)
    Guys I've decided now- I'm going to do it!!
    WOOOOO - free copy of whatever is done to be made out to Ivybridge, dankeschön.

But no, really, good on you pal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    WOOOOO - free copy of whatever is done to be made out to Ivybridge, dankeschön.

But no, really, good on you pal!
    LOL thanks for the kind words! I'll keep you updated!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    if youre; Fat, hung like a mouse, have moobs or anything like that then no.

Also bare in mind people you know and possibly parents or your kids might see it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    if youre; Fat, hung like a mouse, have moobs or anything like that then no.

Also bare in mind people you know and possibly parents or your kids might see it..
    I'm not fat though- I work out regularly and maintain a good form. (And I'm hung like a blue whale, not a mouse LOL)

And my parents are quite supportive of me doing it since it's for a good cause and a lot of money can get raised through this. And honestly, what's wrong with people seeing it? I'm not going to be showing my **** anyway- it's going to be covered up.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that too but turns out lots of other unis are doing them:
    http://thetab.com/2013/12/13/phwoar-...alendars-11441
    DO IT!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    DO IT!!!!
    I am doing it next week!

ReputationRep:
    Someone please explain to me how this is considered 'charity'?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not fat though- I work out regularly and maintain a good form. (And I'm hung like a blue whale, not a mouse LOL)

And my parents are quite supportive of me doing it since it's for a good cause and a lot of money can get raised through this. And honestly, what's wrong with people seeing it? I'm not going to be showing my **** anyway- it's going to be covered up.
    Hung like a blue whale :rofl: ? Then you shouldn't be covering up :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevez2ez)
    Someone please explain to me how this is considered 'charity'?
    People buy the calendars - money goes to charity. I spent £50+ on Warwick Rowers stuff in the past year because they had more than just the calendar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    People buy the calendars - money goes to charity. I spent £50+ on Warwick Rowers stuff in the past year because they had more than just the calendar.
    Um do correct me if I am wrong here but why not sell these calendars wearing clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Um do correct me if I am wrong here but why not sell these calendars wearing clothes.
    Because that would be boring af. The reason the Warwick ones were so successful was precisely because they were naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Because that would be boring af. The reason the Warwick ones were so successful was precisely because they were naked.
    I don't think anyone in the public likes to look at naked strangers. Seriously bro, if you want to do this as a good cause you should just wear normal clothes. I don't mean to come off as 'judgy'. Try it! People may even appreciate you for not trying to fit in and do things your own way and buy calender's from you.

ReputationRep:
    They sell a lot more than the normal calendars. Normal calendars have nothing interesting unless they have epic professional photography and all that and we just cannot afford that so the next best way to get a lot of sales is by taking clohtes off.

ReputationRep:
    They sell a lot more than the normal calendars. Normal calendars have nothing interesting unless they have epic professional photography and all that and we just cannot afford that so the next best way to get a lot of sales is by taking clohtes off.
    Alright. I was not aware of this. If it does then clearly you're doing this for a good cause. So good for it bro!

Sorry for previous comments.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone in the public likes to look at naked strangers. Seriously bro, if you want to do this as a good cause you should just wear normal clothes. I don't mean to come off as 'judgy'. Try it! People may even appreciate you for not trying to fit in and do things your own way and buy calender's from you.
    Only that the public does like it, which is why it made about half a million.

Perhaps you need to upgrade your "morals"/beliefs.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Yes!

The Rugby teams are always :coma: and football teams :coma: but mostly rugby... :coma:

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.