Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of this Bengali girl? Opinions are appreciated Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's a harmless choice. I presume her children will suffer from the financial and emotional difficulties at home given no qualifications... Best of luck to them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm interested to know what Muslims think of this.
    Ignorance to the next level.

ReputationRep:
    **** me, that's messed up. :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A brief description of a Bengali girl from East London who went to secondary school in Tower Hamlets (class of 2007-2012): She started school with hundreds of other Bengalis and was known for being a bit of a spoilt brat and even fell into fights with other girls. She fell into a relationship with a Bengali boy a year older. She happened to have got pregnant by him in year 9 (at age 13) and gave birth to a girl. She got pregnant again with the same guy in year 11 (at age 15) and gave birth to another girl. She barely attended school in the latter years since she was pregnant and was preoccupied in looking after her child. While she was pregnant she would attend classes sometimes and class mates would touch her baby bump out of fascination. She even was congratulated by class mates through Facebook once she gave birth. One of the teachers even said 'well done'. She has no GCSEs (or any qualifications for that matter). She was disowned by her parents while at school and she along with her 2 daughters live with a foster mother. She makes a bit of money from modelling and she takes great care of her 2 daughters. The guy she had children with is known to have got other girls pregnant and has even went to prison.

From the description above do you think it was wrong for this girl to lead that sort of lifestyle or is it a harmless choice that she had made?
    What sort of burden does people like her put on society (I'm actually really curious to know)?
    If a large fraction of British girls lived like her what state would the UK be in?

Terrible. She needs Jeremy Kyle to guide her. You should hook her up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_JoKeR)
    Hello my fellow joker
    Yellow~

Who arth thou ?
    .-.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Pregnant twice by the same guy. Some people never learn.

No real burden on society (seriously, it's less competition for the rest of us) but really. Not too bright that one.
    Well there is 'another' thing called love which usually makes us hopeful, gullible, and usually makes life soooooooo~ beautiful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    Yellow~

Who arth thou ?
    .-.
    A fellow joker~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    Well there is 'another' thing called love which usually makes us hopeful, gullible, and usually makes life soooooooo~ beautiful...
    At age 13 and 15? She done near ruined her life. The first time, a mistake, I can understand. Strike two and you get no sympathy from me - her parents are just as bad for kicking her and their grandchildren out the house, but she's gonna have a tough time of making something of her life now. All because of falling in love with the bad boy image, and teenage hormones.

At age 13 and 15? She done near ruined her life. The first time, a mistake, I can understand. Strike two and you get no sympathy from me - her parents are just as bad for kicking her and their grandchildren out the house, but she's gonna have a tough time of making something of her life now. All because of falling in love with the bad boy image, and teenage hormones.
    Not really, there is still a chance that she can turn her life around. If she has any hidden talents then she can utilise it in a way that will help her get money. I'm pretty sure can get into some menial jobs (she's an ethnic minority so that gives her the advantage). Also to mention by the time she hits 30 her oldest daughter will be old enough to work so she can provide even more money. So you can see it's not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Oh C'mon you have been this age too... where you could just live on love and fresh air .. and and you'd just elope with your lover on a desert island and live happily ever after...

Oh well.. the fall is usually pretty bad but things usually mend themselves and it's all good in the end. .. *sighs

ReputationRep:
    The guy that got other girls pregnant is a man-ho and should not be spoken about. As for the Bengali girl, as long as she has changed her life around and is trying her best to provide for herself and her children, then that is all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    I think she made a huge mistake by even having sex that young. She probably thought she was "in love" and thought this guy was it. However I'm glad that she didn't abort the baby and decided to face up to her consequences and it seems like she's doing well for herself. Age is just a number and you can attain GCSE's even after 16. A lot of single mothers these days are doing GCSE's and A levels and progressing onto university so its not the end of the world for her. She should just know that should she ever decide to pursue her dreams or get into university she can do so. However, I feel sorry for her children because they won't be brought up with a good father.
    "I am glad she didn't abort the baby". What is wrong with you? If she did decide to abort her child, how does that affect your life in any sort of way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous-lady)
    "I am glad she didn't abort the baby". What is wrong with you? If she did decide to abort her child, how does that affect your life in any sort of way?
    Why are you necroing a bunch of old south asian-related threads?

ReputationRep:
    Lol shutup. I was just commending her bravery for facing up to such a thing. I was saying it in a nice way. And this thread is old so toodles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Why are you necroing a bunch of old south asian-related threads?
    I am allowed to and I joined recently. These topics are interesting to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Who says you can only give your opinion on something if it affects you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.