'Islamphobia' is a nonsense term. watch

• View Poll Results: nonsense term
    YES
    50.00%
    NO
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsTheLove??)
    The thing is, the majoirty of the millions of muslims (the ones who believe they are true muslims) tend to look at WHY the Quran says stuff as well as WHAT it actually says. They also look at it in the context of the time it was written.

If you do that, you would actually find that the overall teaching is peace and acceptance - despite some of the contraversial parts - like you mentioned above.

btw picking out phrases from Islamic teaching out of context to justify actions and viewpoints (like you just did there) is what those extremists + terrorists do...

Islam - the ideology where non-muslims get to choose and pick which parts would and wouldn't be better at insulting decent muslims rather than coming up with an educated debate.
    Yes, and that is exactly the problem. How much more violence do you think would be in the world if everyone had divine justification for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    You "proved" nothing...lol.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...es-aceh-church

I see. And Bali?

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinion...eofficers.html

Yea, I really wanna live in Indonesia :facepalm:
    Are you really so bigoted that you think two articles of two isolated incidents proves anything?

If I showed you one article of an anti-religious mob in Britain, would you assume that the whole UK is filled with anti-religious mobs?

You people seriously have no grasp of the situation. Indonesia is a flourishing country, and Islam is not the cause of the violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sainsburys wraps)
    Are you really so bigoted that you think two articles of two isolated incidents proves anything?

If I showed you one article of an anti-religious mob in Britain, would you assume that the whole UK is filled with anti-religious mobs?

You people seriously have no grasp of the situation. Indonesia is a flourishing country, and Islam is not the cause of the violence.
    Always just "isolated" incidents or people or any other excuse.

So tell me, would you want to go live in Iran or Indonesia or Tunisia?

ReputationRep:
    Always just "isolated" incidents or people or any other excuse.

So tell me, would you want to go live in Iran or Indonesia or Tunisia?
    Yeah I would live in Indonesia, I went there about 10 months ago on a school trip and had the time of my life. Possibly Iran although I have never been, but not Tunisia because of the instability after the revolution.

The world isn't one big warzone with a few democratic countries, our way of life isn't the only way of life, don't let other cultures scare you into hatred.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    Well obviously, this post was there to attract attention, it wasn't just there for people to be like "Yes, I agree with you". And frankly, I agree with the thread, it is a nonsense term.

Anyways, can you even see with how little your eyes are?
    what got up your butt for you to approach me with such saltiness? i'm not stating whether i agree or not. im not stating my views on this. this thread was originally in the chat forum and i have naturally responded with a joke. get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    what got up your butt for you to approach me with such saltiness? i'm not stating whether i agree or not. im not stating my views on this. this thread was originally in the chat forum and i have naturally responded with a joke. get over yourself
    I was joking, so what got up your butt? And if you not stating whether you agree with this, why are you here? You can join the rest of the butt-hurt muslim crew
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was joking, so what got up your butt? And if you not stating whether you agree with this, why are you here? You can join the rest of the butt-hurt muslim crew
    it was originally on the chat forum and i dont find your ''small eye asian joke'' a joke at all but a passive agressive approach.

ReputationRep:
    Whoah, 38-38

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would live in Indonesia, I went there about 10 months ago on a school trip and had the time of my life. Possibly Iran although I have never been, but not Tunisia because of the instability after the revolution.

The world isn't one big warzone with a few democratic countries, our way of life isn't the only way of life, don't let other cultures scare you into hatred.
    A school trip really let you see what it is like to live there.

Are you a woman?

And who said our way of life is the only one? I am just saying that the way of life proposed by Islam is not one that is compatible with the freedom and liberty that ours stands for.

Did you know that there are almost a 1000 imams in Germany sent there and funded by Turkey with the sole aim of preaching radical Islam?

Even the Turkish leader of the oh-so liberal Green Party Cem özdemir has spoken out against this...

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschla...-tuerkei-imame

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/i...mame-1.2963893

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleto...-14208841.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star80)
    no it's not, there are over 1.6 billion muslims in the world, if that was the case im sure the world must have ended by now.
    Believing in a violent ideology and acting on said beliefs are two very different things but the core values remain identical.

it's like blaming all the christians for what Hitler did - he was a catholic christian.
    His inspiration was not religious dogma; Islamic terrorists are inspired by the life of Muhammed and his teachings. The Qur'an gives justification to a lot of these actions.

these terrorists take the name of Islam to fulfill their desires of gaining power and money. religion is just a smokecsreen for them to try and justify what they are doing.
    Just because their interpretation of certain verses differ does not imply that they are any less Islamic than a 'peaceful' Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    A school trip really let you see what it is like to live there.

Are you a woman?

And who said our way of life is the only one? I am just saying that the way of life proposed by Islam is not one that is compatible with the freedom and liberty that ours stands for.

Did you know that there are almost a 1000 imams in Germany sent there and funded by Turkey with the sole aim of preaching radical Islam?

Even the Turkish leader of the oh-so liberal Green Party Cem özdemir has spoken out against this...

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschla...-tuerkei-imame

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/i...mame-1.2963893

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleto...-14208841.html
    nothing you can do will convince me that Islam is the sole reason for this corruption, and yes it did, ive seen the country from the centre of its densest cities to its most remote tropical islands and in the middle of a rainforest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    Oxford dictionary: Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims.

For secularists and critics of religion the term erects an effective shield for the ideas of Islam. It unites moderate and extremist forces by their common identity by confusing the religion of Islam with its Muslim practitioners, and by categorizing all criticisms as hate-speech

Christopher Hitchens dubbed it: A word invented by fascists, used by cowards to manipulate morons.

So it is a nonsense term?
    no , i have islamphobia, im muslim and afraid of being approached by isis to join. who am i kidding? im 140 kg

ReputationRep:
    nothing you can do will convince me that Islam is the sole reason for this corruption, and yes it did, ive seen the country from the centre of its densest cities to its most remote tropical islands and in the middle of a rainforest
    And it is close-minded people like you that are the problem.

ReputationRep:
    And it is close-minded people like you that are the problem.
    Explain to me how I am close minded for noticing that there are many other factors influencing the violence in the Middle East.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is.
    But what would we coin instead? Anti-Islamism? How does one say that without an American accent? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    it was originally on the chat forum and i dont find your ''small eye asian joke'' a joke at all but a passive agressive approach.
    It Asian* and LOOOL, it wasn't an "asian" joke, because when did China/Japan account for all of Asia? eeee. Okay, jog on now, bye.

ReputationRep:
    Explain to me how I am close minded for noticing that there are many other factors influencing the violence in the Middle East.
    "nothing you can do will convince me"

You are not some good person because you think you are open and forgiving. You are not open minded because you say hey let everybody be everybody.

Islam is an intolerant ideology and one cannot tolerate intolerance.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It Asian* and LOOOL, it wasn't an "asian" joke, because when did China/Japan account for all of Asia? eeee. Okay, jog on now, bye.
    oooh you must think you're so slick... :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Yes, it is.
    I'm surprised. I've witnessed very few Muslims who would allude to 'Islamophobia' being a 'Nonsense term'.

But what would we coin instead? Anti-Islamism? How does one say that without an American accent? :hmmm:
    'Muslimophobia', 'Anti-Muslim bigotry' :hmmmm:, not that I think the above terms will supercede 'Islamophobia' anytime soon, especially the former.

ReputationRep:
    "nothing you can do will convince me"

You are not some good person because you think you are open and forgiving. You are not open minded because you say hey let everybody be everybody.

Islam is an intolerant ideology and one cannot tolerate intolerance.
    So is Christianity, but you focus on Islam because its foreign

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.