Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone know how long iron Medicine takes too see the effects?, eg less tiredness and hair loss
    The improvements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Basically I'm a girl, age 15, and I starting losing a LOT of hair, and I went to doc and he sent me for a blood test and it came back saying I have Iron Deficiency right. & I've been having my tabs 2 a day for about 4 months, and the doc said he would review em after 3, but anyway my hair loss is worse, when I let my hair out, I have about 2-3 handfuls of hair on my elastic. What should I do? Help please.
    Hey, I have had a lot of hair loss since the age of about 12. I'm now 18 but guess what i'm not bald (although my hair is quite thin and i do have places on my head where there's such little hair that you can see my scalp).

I was told that i had low iron and so was put on tablets but they didnt really work coz my hair kept falling, so i stopped taking them. But i think for me my hair loss was caused by genes more than anything. My mum had this issue too with her... She had thick hair and then when she got into her teens they thinned like crazy!!

What i wanna say is that its a common thing, dont feel really insecure.... When my hair started falling i wud like cry coz i felt like i was gonna be bald in a year... But you know what i've just learnt to not give a crap anymore and just focus on things that are more important, but i guess i wear a hijab so no one actually sees my hair.

I've learnt that my hair fall more if i let them get greasy.... So if your mum applies oil to your head leave it in maybe a day only and wash it out, you should probably apply it the day before you wash your hair or something. Try to use a thickening shampoo i think it's called fibrology or use shampoos that promote hair growth or repair damaged hair.

You know when my hair loss started hair would fall out in clumps if i just ran my hands through it. It would fall in the shower, when i take off my hair tie and everywhere! But as time goes on it does reduce trust me! You may not have as thick hair as before but trust me the fallout will reduce significantly!!!

I hope this super long message gave you some reassurance!! Stay positive and don't let it effect you! It's not your fault and it will get better trust me!! Don't stress about it and try not to cry, your doctor should also do something for you too!!! Keep me updated on what you do, so i can also try it and try to get my hair thicker!!!

Wish you the best xxx

ReputationRep:
    cool uve done amazin
    Ugh, NO, I messed up in so many parts and ugh..................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 28/01/2016)
    Hey, I have had a lot of hair loss since the age of about 12. I'm now 18 but guess what i'm not bald (although my hair is quite thin and i do have places on my head where there's such little hair that you can see my scalp).

I was told that i had low iron and so was put on tablets but they didnt really work coz my hair kept falling, so i stopped taking them. But i think for me my hair loss was caused by genes more than anything. My mum had this issue too with her... She had thick hair and then when she got into her teens they thinned like crazy!!

What i wanna say is that its a common thing, dont feel really insecure.... When my hair started falling i wud like cry coz i felt like i was gonna be bald in a year... But you know what i've just learnt to not give a crap anymore and just focus on things that are more important, but i guess i wear a hijab so no one actually sees my hair.

I've learnt that my hair fall more if i let them get greasy.... So if your mum applies oil to your head leave it in maybe a day only and wash it out, you should probably apply it the day before you wash your hair or something. Try to use a thickening shampoo i think it's called fibrology or use shampoos that promote hair growth or repair damaged hair.

You know when my hair loss started hair would fall out in clumps if i just ran my hands through it. It would fall in the shower, when i take off my hair tie and everywhere! But as time goes on it does reduce trust me! You may not have as thick hair as before but trust me the fallout will reduce significantly!!!

I hope this super long message gave you some reassurance!! Stay positive and don't let it effect you! It's not your fault and it will get better trust me!! Don't stress about it and try not to cry, your doctor should also do something for you too!!! Keep me updated on what you do, so i can also try it and try to get my hair thicker!!!

Wish you the best xxx
    Thank you so much I hope everything is better for you too bab

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm a girl, age 15, and I starting losing a LOT of hair, and I went to doc and he sent me for a blood test and it came back saying I have Iron Deficiency right. & I've been having my tabs 2 a day for about 4 months, and the doc said he would review em after 3, but anyway my hair loss is worse, when I let my hair out, I have about 2-3 handfuls of hair on my elastic. What should I do? Help please.
    I was diagnosed with the same thing.
    But the tablets alone won't work.
    You need to eat healthy, five fruits a day and drink a lot of water.

Try putting coconut oil or olive oil in your hair.

Lemon juice mixed with honey and plain yoghurt i think, works too.

But the main one I used to use is basically blending onions and then squeeze the juice out onto your scalp. It actually does something.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.