Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to see what a Femanist looks like? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LOL I remember that, maybe the ***** was high at the time.
    Jeez, I can't tell if she is actually serious or not!! Seriously, if it's too cold, just wear a jumper. It's not rocket science.
    Also, women need a different temperature than men do? That research looks a bit suspicious to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    To all the people who have posted pictures of beautiful, strong women who identify as feminists but use their pictures to forward the idea of only 'ugly' women being feminists because they don't conform to your standards of beauty - you are the embodiment of the perpetuating misogyny and patriarchal values that the entire notion of feminism was created to fight against.
    Maybe I missed a bit, but the only person using the word ugly was you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Maybe I missed a bit, but the only person using the word ugly was you.

The implication was there. Childish.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)

I suspect the university administrators mixed up her IQ with her BMI when considering her for admission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Could you explain how PJW is incorrect in what he asserts? From what I can tell, he always supports his arguments with facts, even if I personally disagree with some of what he says.
    Because he uses facts to springboard nonsense and condescending BS. He speaks down as if he knows better and uses supposed 'facts' to assert nonsense, the factual element is quickly lost under opinion disguised as surmising. He'll go from 'Hitler once rode in a blue car' to some claptrap about blue's connection to fascist ideology citing a study that says 'blue connects w/ the less empathetic' and then conclude 'all people who like blue are Nazis'. If you watch the start of his video and then the end you'll have no idea how he reached his conclusion given the starting point. His arguments only seem prima facie reasonable because he weaves them into a journey of vaguely connected facts - the problem is the chain of logic but often because citations its ignored the way he is applying the study is crap or the source itself is suspect in so far as it may well draw attention to mitigation or a large margin of error which he ignores to assert the theorised likely conclusion as 100% concrete fact.

ReputationRep:
    Trigglypuff <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Mate, she looks like if you made her a sandwich she would probably eat you.

ReputationRep:
    This is what a male feminist thinks
    http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what...-feminism.html

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.