Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Lol wonder if that deluded moron atom y humber still refuses to accept Messi is better at free kicks than Ronaldo lel
    He's always been miles better tbh can't understand anyone thinking Ronaldo is better. Messi makes the keeper work pretty much every time. It's also why Beckham > Ronaldo

Messi's last night is one of the best I've ever seen. It couldn't have been more in the corner if he'd walked over and placed it there with his hands.

Messi this tournament - 5 goals, 4 assists, 2 starts. #FearTheBeard

lol'd when Lavezzi fell over the advertisement board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    He's always been miles better tbh can't understand anyone thinking Ronaldo is better. Messi makes the keeper work pretty much every time. It's also why Beckham > Ronaldo

Messi's last night is one of the best I've ever seen. It couldn't have been more in the corner if he'd walked over and placed it there with his hands.

Never got the feeling Argentina went above second gear yet absolutely cruised it.

Lavezzi has fractured his arm now which kinda sucks for him. Really no idea how he didn't know where he was in relation to the board.

ReputationRep:

I don't know how it's still a debate.

That free kick was incredible- it was the wrong side and still killed the GK. The pass for the first goal was weighted brilliantly.

He's had a fantastic tournament, but they have to win the title. It will be his third copa final and Mascherano's fourth!

being a bit cynical here.... Lavezzi's injury could work in Argentina's and Tata's favour. It will allow Di Maria back into the side without dropping the confidence of Lavezzi.

Chile v Colombia is going to be a cracker. I think we are going to have a repeat of last years final.

ReputationRep:
    Is it still even a debate as to which player is better? Messi is infinitely superior as a player.

ReputationRep:
    Messi has finished runner up in the Copa America twice now (lost on penalties in the final last year) so I'm sure he'll be desperate to win.

ReputationRep:
    The big one tonight. Chile vs Colombia. 1am.

ReputationRep:
    The big one tonight. Chile vs Colombia. 1am.
    going to be a great game. Chile are going to be so pumped after the demolition of Mexico and a chance to defend the title.

ReputationRep:
    I think Columbia will win 2-1
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great performance from Argentina - and in particular Messi. No shame in losing to a team inspired by the world's best player, but you do wonder whether Klinsmann has too much longer left in charge of USA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Great performance from Argentina - and in particular Messi. No shame in losing to a team inspired by the world's best player, but you do wonder whether Klinsmann has too much longer left in charge of USA.
    US fans hate him. He's gone i think. His selection is also puzzling to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    We are ten minutes in, and it is 2-0 to Chile already.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    US fans hate him. He's gone i think. His selection is also puzzling to say the least.
    I think the issue is that there's no clear policy or team philosophy. Such a shame, considering the dream 2014 World Cup they enjoyed.

ReputationRep:
    We are ten minutes in, and it is 2-0 to Chile already.
    in total control. Vidal to come back into the side. The final is going to be a cracker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Lol wonder if that deluded moron atom y humber still refuses to accept Messi is better at free kicks than Ronaldo lel
    This confirms you're a moron. I never said such thing. Like I said at the time, all you butt messi ball jugglers can't deal with someone mentioning messi without throwing a tantrum and bring ronaldo into it. It works both ways though and it's sad really. Plebs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    in total control. Vidal to come back into the side. The final is going to be a cracker.
    I went to bed at half time, how long was it delayed for? Must have been at least an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I went to bed at half time, how long was it delayed for? Must have been at least an hour.
    Was 2 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Was 2 hours
    Surprised they didn't just call it off.

ReputationRep:
    Same here didn't see the second half the game was over at 2-0. The best chance for Colombia was that triple cross move, that had Bravo sweating. Yeah, it was a while, I guess with the final on Monday, they didn't want the winner to have small a time to recuperate for the final.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good to see the fans sticking it to Trump throughout the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely disgusting from Xhaka

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.