Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Hating Islam is fine.

Hating Muslims isn't.
    Agreed, i wouldnt say hate on all of Islam but certain aspects of it.

Ignore the donuts, they just want you to hate on muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    Agreed, i wouldnt say hate on all of Islam but certain aspects of it.

Ignore the donuts, they just want you to hate on muslims.
    Islam does have its good points as in it forbids forced marriage and all. But to me its bad points stand out way more and you get people who try and say that criticising is bad lmao.

I will do yeah

ReputationRep:
    What same argument? If you've read the Quran there are verses that condone violence. If you read my post above I said every single religion has its bad points so it's not just Islam alone.

Do you even know what the meaning of harassment is?
    Same argument constitutes to relentlessly spamming the same things again and again. I hardly ever see an original point about Islam, its always "RELIGION OF PEACE", "MOHAMED WAS A PEDOPHILE", "QURAN CONDONES VIOLENCE" - spamming this helps no one, in fact it encourages Muslims to become isolated from society.

And come on obviously I know what harassment is.

Furthermore why are you focusing so heavily on Islam, you said it yourself - other religions are equally as bad. Why does Islam deserve so much more attention than the others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Bloody what?

Are you mad? Nobody cares if they get insulted. My freedom of speech is more important then you living in this bloody bubble in which no one can criticize you and no one can mock your archaic, sexist, homophobic, violent beliefs. The entire world doesn't have to pander to you. It simply doesn't and it won't. Note that me recognizing that someone has human rights and liberties like everyone else doesn't prohibit me from criticizing their beliefs.

Also, if we're using your damn logic, by saying the things Muslims say about women, homosexuals and non-Muslims in general, you're offending everyone else, so....stop it? Yeah.

Lunacy. Damn lunacy.
    bloody hell i didnt strip you from freedom of speech i stated a fact. im not saying YO EVERYONE ACCEpT MY RELIGION. i simply said that if you hated on islam muslims would be offended so in some way you hate on them, i stated something. i said IF

if i said christianity is bull then christians would be quick to backfire and get offended, i stated a fact. i didnt tell you accept everything i believe in. i am a women, the prophets daughter and grandaughter are 2 of the greatest women in islam, they support the belief of equality. non-muslims are my best friends and well as muslims. one religious belief does not apply to all muslims

ReputationRep:
    Islam does have its good points as in it forbids forced marriage and all. But to me its bad points stand out way more and you get people who try and say that criticising is bad lmao.

I will do yeah
    Well im kinda one of those ppl xD
    I think we should criticise it but only to the point where its useful to society, i.e. making it clear to british muslims that such views are unacceptable without increasing hatred towards muslims and dividing society up, where even the muslims begin to hate the west.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    She makes the hijabis at my school look tame tbh It was funny because when I lost my virginity, my non hijabi Muslim friends were the ones who made jokes out of it by giving me pregnancy leaflets. The hijabis tried to spread rumours about me but it failed because there was some rumour they all got into some sexually adventurous event at a party
    LOOOL this is beautiful. THAT's how real friends should act, not those hoejabis spreading rumours when they themselves have committed worse acts. :rofl:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Perhaps they secretly don`t want to wear the hijab,so by sleeping around with loads of guys they feel desired/attractive/loved ?
    Well,this hypocrisy is not uncommon. Anjem Choudary was a party animal in university I heard,yet he advocates for sharia law.
    Its odd how Islam,with all its restrictions on sex like it can only occur before marriage,yet you read things like harem of women,72 virgins,etc. and you realise how hyper sexualised it is.Sounds very Freudian to me.
    Most of the hijabis that I know are forced to wear a hijab by their parents. One girl used to remove it when coming to school after her parents dropped her off so props to her. But some of the hijabis snitched on her to her parents and apparently she got beatings from her parents.
    Wtf damn. :eek3:
    Islam is actually hypersexualised asf, it's quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sainsburys wraps)
    Same argument constitutes to relentlessly spamming the same things again and again. I hardly ever see an original point about Islam, its always "RELIGION OF PEACE", "MOHAMED WAS A PEDOPHILE", "QURAN CONDONES VIOLENCE" - spamming this helps no one, in fact it encourages Muslims to become isolated from society.

And come on obviously I know what harassment is.

Furthermore why are you focusing so heavily on Islam, you said it yourself - other religions are equally as bad. Why does Islam deserve so much more attention than the others?
    I'd say perhaps its been in the media so much more and due to the terrorist attacks. Although nobody on here has said all Muslims are terrorists (if they do they need help), I'd say the terror attacks have shown parts of the violent verses of the Quran ISIS have a very extreme interpretation of.

ReputationRep:
    Because hating on millions is just too much negativity for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    Well im kinda one of those ppl xD
    I think we should criticise it but only to the point where its useful to society, i.e. making it clear to british muslims that such views are unacceptable without increasing hatred towards muslims and dividing society up, where even the muslims begin to hate the west.
    Yeah that would be great and by getting rid of radicalisation etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Yawn,these Islam threads are getting boring.
    The idea of addressing a major point that is clearly affecting society is 'getting boring?' Please, it's needed more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    LOOOL this is beautiful. THAT's how real friends should act, not those hoejabis spreading rumours when they themselves have committed worse acts. :rofl:

Most of the hijabis that I know are forced to wear a hijab by their parents. One girl used to remove it when coming to school after her parents dropped her off so props to her. But some of the hijabis snitched on her to her parents and apparently she got beatings from her parents.
    Wtf damn. :eek3:
    Islam is actually hypersexualised asf, it's quite funny.

Yup a week later we had an assembly on STDs as well and they kept poking me on the back.. Yup that's how friends should act. I don't know why but the hoejabis had some weird thing for dating white guys. I have no idea why!

Anjem C used to do drugs and sleep around too..

Islam will last.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Islam will last.....
    a lot shorter time than expected...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say perhaps its been in the media so much more and due to the terrorist attacks. Although nobody on here has said all Muslims are terrorists (if they do they need help), I'd say the terror attacks have shown parts of the violent verses of the Quran ISIS have a very extreme interpretation of.

Extremism through religion is also forbidden in Islam.
    It's been on the media ever since Israel decided to take on Palestine and own its land. Then George Bush came to america and was like, oh hey lets bomb Iraq. Ever since he's held a grudge against the majority religion in the middle east because it wasn't judaism. Believe it or not, Isis were trained by order from obama /america and now they're running loose and that's why they're on the media. Because they have money and they are trained. (The Israeli government hospitalises Isis soldiers and we can safely say he's a jew).

Also, religion is nothing like mathematics and that's exactly what isis think it is. They take the quran word for word when really it is a piece full of literary devices and more. Additionally, the 'violent verses' were sent down for the people 1400 years ago therefore applying them now is out of context. They're like the parables of a bible, they cannot be applied today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalhinch)
    The idea of addressing a major point that is clearly affecting society is 'getting boring?' Please, it's needed more than anything.
    It is getting boring because the same ignorant comments a said over and over and quite frankly, it's boring to read. People should maybe educate themselves before they make stupid comments.

a lot shorter time than expected...
    Watch and seee....it is a promise from God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sainsburys wraps)
    So why the hell does everyone focus on Islam and ignore Christianity and all the other religions which are equally as delusional and discriminatory?
    Well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Watch and seee....it is a promise from God.
    God actually talked to you? Awesome can you give me his number? I need to ask him why my Amazon delivery hasn't come yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yup a week later we had an assembly on STDs as well and they kept poking me on the back.. Yup that's how friends should act. I don't know why but the hoejabis had some weird thing for dating white guys. I have no idea why!

Anjem C used to do drugs and sleep around too..
    Judging from what you two say,there seems to be a divide between Muslim girls and non Muslim girls ,well at least in some urban areas ?In my old school in Essex,the Muslim girls didn't wear hijabs and were not judgemental .Guess I got a bit of a shock when I went to London.
    Again,perhaps since they are the type of people they are not supposed to date/talk to,they are more likely to desire them ?Romeo and Juliet effect ?What were these "adventures " ?

ReputationRep:
    God actually talked to you? Awesome can you give me his number? I need to ask him why my Amazon delivery hasn't come yet.
    Did you remember to tick next communion delivery?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.