Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are humans lives greater than animals? Watch

(Original post by screwsociety)
    **** humans.
    I would save the life of any human anyday.
    you were saying ?

More seriously mate, I would save an animal's life as well, but you'll find everywhere in the world some people who wouldn't even care. Simple example : my cat was beaten before I got him. :cry2:
    Anyway, you get me. Unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Give me a reason. A FACT and not an OPINION.

Nonne of yous will be able to do it because saying 'humans lives are of greater value than a humans is just an opinion'

**** humans.

I would save the life of an animal over any human anyday.
    We are at the top of the food chain. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    We are at the top of the food chain. FACT.
    Lol we are nowhere near the top of the food chain, and that is a very very big misconception.

For starters in a food chain, each trophic level are determined based on each species diet and we are far more similar to pigs and anchovies (fairly low on the food chain).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Lol we are nowhere near the top of the food chain, and that is a very very big misconception.

For starters in a food chain, each trophic level are determined based on each species diet and we are far more similar to pigs and anchovies (fairly low on the food chain).
    Perhaps an ecologists way of seeing it, mainly because as omnivores we are inherently placed lower. However the cliche argument here is that no one eats us a source of diet. And no other animal has the intelligence that humans do. A combo of the two has allowed humans to assert dominance. That's nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaneki)
    I think you've watched the new Jungle Book movie a few too many times.
    My dude, she has a point tho

ReputationRep:
    Not all humans are equal and neither are all animals. I care far more about my friend's wolf dog or a Bengal tiger than I do of a random bloke from the other end of the world, especially if that person is from a completely different culture and ethnicity.

Family/comrades > likeminded people > Bengal tiger > most humans.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know which I value more but humans are definitely so much more corrupt than animals. Humans take everything they can just because they have the power to and claim it as their own. Humans kill animals and each other for no good reason whereas animals only kill to have food to eat or defend their territory or other more justifiable reasons than humans kill for.

ReputationRep:
    I find human lives generally more important because:
    They're relatable. I understand pain levels and thought patterns of normal humans
    They are necessary for reproduction of my species.
    They have a greater understanding (and often therfore fear) of the impact of death.
    They are more likely to positively impact my life, perform surgery, become friends, educate me, create an awesome piece of technology etc.
    From a purely logical view, they are just a more valuable commodity, generally.

ReputationRep:
    I am vegan. I care about all life, including insects.

Quick question - Do you wash your hand? Isn't bacteria life?

ReputationRep:
    Saving an animal before a human? That's just absurd 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    Perhaps an ecologists way of seeing it, mainly because as omnivores we are inherently placed lower. However the cliche argument here is that no one eats us a source of diet. And no other animal has the intelligence that humans do. A combo of the two has allowed humans to assert dominance. That's nature.

There is no other way of seeing it (since it is an ecological term in the first place), otherwise you are skewing with the definition and the whole purpose of it. Intelligence does not come into play in determining each species trophic level within a particular ecosystem. The whole purpose of food chains is to see the flow of energy in a particular ecosystem, and feeding relationship, and is not to be used to determine which species asserts dominance.

Yes, humans are intelligent, but that does not mean we are at the top of the food chain. If that was the case, then it would be impossible for us to reach a such a large population the first place due to the inefficiency of energy transfer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    There is no other way of seeing it (since it is an ecological term in the first place), otherwise you are skewing with the definition and the whole purpose of it. Intelligence does not come into play in determining each species trophic level within a particular ecosystem. The whole purpose of food chains is to see the flow of energy in a particular ecosystem, and feeding relationship, and is not to be used to determine which species asserts dominance.

Yes, humans are intelligent, but that does not mean we are at the top of the food chain. If that was the case, then it would be impossible for us to reach a such a large population the first place due to the inefficiency of energy transfer.
    As i said, we are not at the top because we are omnivores. That itself skews our position in the food chain.

Im not saying that, im saying that our intelligence has led to us having an overwhelming dominance over the planet.

ReputationRep:
    Its a question because i asked it.

Why? Can't you answer it? is it too difficult for you?
    :facepalm:

You probably didn't understand what I meant. Human lives > animals lives for sure.

Yes, it's horrible what happened with the gorilla, and it should be illegal to kill wild animals for fun, but that's how it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominator1)
    1. It's operant since the animal has to do something to get the food (positive reinforcement), Classical conditioning is when the animal assosiates the food with a ring of a bell for example.

2. Animals do it because of instinct, whereas humans have reasons as to why they did a certain action. An "evil" human could become a "good" one and vice versa, we have morals and concious where if an average human saw something in pain they would feel bad and try to stop that pain, or at least become negatively affected by it.
    No. Pavlov's research actually mentioned that if could in fact be the footsteps that caused the dog to salivate. An evil person can't always become a good person and they choose to do bad things.

ReputationRep:
    from philosophical perspective both have same value

but society has agreed humans are more important because humans are more useful in the sense that they can improve the world we live in today

ya dun kno fam

ReputationRep:
    If a superior live invaded earth and asked you to give them one reason why they shouldn't destroy humans what would you say?
    Tbf I'd want to know why they'd want to? Unless it was to expand their own territory....in which case you'd be hard pressed to give a decent reason bar hoping they share empathy as we do and using a moral argument.

ReputationRep:
    Animals are inferior, animals are expendable resources.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SmileyVibe;65329487]
    Yes I hate humans. stop asking hypothetical questions.

You didn't answer my question. I asked why you disliked humans despite being a member of the human race and having connections with other follow humans. You want others to provide you an explanation why human lives are greater than animals yet you don't want to tell us why you hate humans?
    I hate humans because most of them are evil hypocritical scum.

I would love to watch this disgusting species go extinct.

Good to know you're vegan but you're not doing a good job converting anyone to the lifestyle with acting high and mighty because you think everyone should have the same ideals and beliefs as you do and rejecting any perspective that doesn't go line with yours.
    Its impossible to convert monsters

Bet you would reject a rapists opinion if they said it is their right to rape whoever they want. Then that would be you acting high and mighty because you think everyone should have the same ideals and beliefs as you do and rejecting any perspective that doesn't go line with yours.

A mental disabled person isn't human? Well that's new, lol. I'm going to assume a mental disabled person is still more capable of contributing to society than a dog if that;s okay with you.. unless you don't think they're capable. You do realize there are degrees of mental disability? Some are mild and some are severe So you're going to group all mental disable people under one umbrella as if they're aren't degrees of disabilities?
    You so ****ing stupid. You were justifying the claim that humans are greater than animals becasue apparently humans can contribute to society more. I was just pointing out the same could be said about mentally disabled people. The average joe has more of an ability to contribute to society more than any mentally disabled person. The nazis used that same criteria to justify putting down handicap people

What if I told you I did agree with the statement "I am more important than the handicap because I can contribute to society"?
    #

So yothink you are superior to handicap people? They are less worthy than you?

I'm not sure if you mean handicap as disability or something?
    Let's be honest, what's the point of this thread if you're only looking for the same opinion you have shot back at you? I don't think you want opinions why humans are greater than animals at all. You just made this thread to express the hatred you have for humans species which you are one with no explanation why
    I mean handicap as having some form of mental disability.

The point of this thread is to see if anyone can give me facts as to wht humans are greater than animals. And as expected no-one can give me any factual reasons and more retarded arguments like 'duh duh we top of the foor chain duh' 'duh I am just another evil piece of scum in the human race who think they better than every living thing in existence duh duh'

Do you spend your time looking in the mirror doing chants that you hate yourself?
    |Do all mirrors you look at break on you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Imagine it was your little brother or sister who fell in to the gorilla's cage... see it's not even a question now.
    I was talking aout in general you idiot.

Why is it ok for you to eat meat when it destroys many lives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelliebelly)
    That might be the earliest I've ever seen Godwin's Law come into play. Stop the conversation, folks. It's not worthwhile arguing with an idiot whose only arguments are to compare you to the worst people in history.
    Well humanity uses the same criteria to justify their evil actions like the nazis.

Average human: 'I am more worthy than this animal because I can contribute to society more'

Average Nazi: 'I am more worthy than this handicap because I can contribute to society more'

What is the difference?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.