Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 women are sexually assaulted at German concert by migrant men in latest attack Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    I cringe hard at "indigenous", as if they have some entitlement to greater privilege than others.

This still doesnt explain why you can say liberals are tolerant of rapists and apologists. We dont know whether someone is a rapist until they commit the act. As i have said, being tolerant of migrants =/= being even slightly tolerant of rapists.

Liberals dont allow "rapists in our midst". In any group of ppl, there will be potential rapists. In migrants there are more however the actions of a few cannot mean we can judge the whole group.
    You dont think that people who's families have worked paying hundreds if not millions in taxes and wealth to build said nation are not more important and "entitled" to the UK than people from the other side of the globe?

We know that migrants from certain areas and cultures of the world have vastly different views and behaviours on morality, women and so forth. It does not take a brain surgeon to see we are exposing ourselves to these negative behaviours by importing masses of people from these countries.

We are not judging the whole group. We are not saying every single one of them is a rapist. We are taking the precaution of simply not finding out the hard way which ones ARE. Does that suck for the good migrants? Yes...

If you are at the airport and inteligence gets wind of an imminent attack.. every single person will be treated the same. With unfair scrutiny and caution until it can be understood what the situation is.

If small pockets of football fans keep engaging in violence and anti social behavior at their teams football matches, eventually their team will play behind closed doors meaning the other 40,000 innocent football fans are punished aswell. It sucks for them yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    You dont think that people who's families have worked paying hundreds if not millions in taxes and wealth to build said nation are not more important and "entitled" to the UK than people from the other side of the globe?

We know that migrants from certain areas and cultures of the world have vastly different views and behaviours on morality, women and so forth. It does not take a brain surgeon to see we are exposing ourselves to these negative behaviours by importing masses of people from these countries.

We are not judging the whole group. We are not saying every single one of them is a rapist. We are taking the precaution of simply not finding out the hard way which ones ARE. Does that suck for the good migrants? Yes...

If you are at the airport and inteligence gets wind of an imminent attack.. every single person will be treated the same. With unfair scrutiny and caution until it can be understood what the situation is.

If small pockets of football fans keep engaging in violence and anti social behavior at their teams football matches, eventually their team will play behind closed doors meaning the other 40,000 innocent football fans are punished aswell. It sucks for them yes?
    I do agree with you with a lot of these issues. Im not blind. We open our gates, some of them will also be rapists too, especially when the issue is a pressing matter.
    But there are other ways of dealing with the issue, such as segregating them or educating them. The solution isnt just "lock up our borders". International law prevents us for doing so, for starters. So instead of giving a theoretical solution that will never work in practise (stop any of the refugees from entering), we look at practical solutions that can be put in place, setting up 'ghettos' something like that. We can also deport convicted rapists, etc etc.
    All this is to show that you can be pro migration (which is a mandatory requirement btw) but not pro rapist. Such a conclusion is absurd and ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with you with a lot of these issues. Im not blind. We open our gates, some of them will also be rapists too, especially when the issue is a pressing matter.
    But there are other ways of dealing with the issue, such as segregating them or educating them. The solution isnt just "lock up our borders". International law prevents us for doing so, for starters. So instead of giving a theoretical solution that will never work in practise (stop any of the refugees from entering), we look at practical solutions that can be put in place, setting up 'ghettos' something like that. We can also deport convicted rapists, etc etc.
    All this is to show that you can be pro migration (which is a mandatory requirement btw) but not pro rapist. Such a conclusion is absurd and ignorant.
    No way we can segregate people we bring into society. That will ultimately be far worse than the other two options. Educating them sounds good but it takes generations (And in the meantime...). Seriously, its not like learning a language that can be done in a couple of years. You cannot educate people to quickly lose their beliefs, values and attitudes in everything they have known from the cradle. (Just look at Gay laws in western countries, Look at certain parts of America!)

Creating ghetto's is similar to segregation and is hugely counter productive and bad for social cohesion. The only way for immigration to work is assimilation.

These refugee's welcome people arent pro rapists, however they do think the consequences (disproportional occurrence of rape) or whatever is outweighed by giving hundreds of thousands of people a shot at a much more comfortable and rewarding life. Many who's lives will be decimated will likely strongly disagree

ReputationRep:
    No way we can segregate people we bring into society. That will ultimately be far worse than the other two options. Educating them sounds good but it takes generations (And in the meantime...). Seriously, its not like learning a language that can be done in a couple of years. You cannot educate people to quickly lose their beliefs, values and attitudes in everything they have known from the cradle. (Just look at Gay laws in western countries, Look at certain parts of America!)

Creating ghetto's is similar to segregation and is hugely counter productive and bad for social cohesion. The only way for immigration to work is assimilation.

These refugee's welcome people arent pro rapists, however they do think the consequences (disproportional occurrence of rape) or whatever is outweighed by giving hundreds of thousands of people a shot at a much more comfortable and rewarding life. Many who's lives will be decimated will likely strongly disagree
    Perhaps, i wouldnt say the consequences are that extreme. Then again, im not an expert but im certain a practical solution can be implemented. I have sympathy with refugees up to the point where they enter europe and become a burden. If they're not a grateful for it then they can leave.

but as i was saying, liberals arent necessarily going to accept the rapes. I think whatever political standpoint you take, you would do what you can to stop this from occurring. Of course the victims will disagree, but at the end of the day its mandatory for us to take in at least the people who have been affected by the civil conflict. EU laws mean anyone without such paperwork can and are being sent back.

If we want change, we need to make our voices heard instead of *****ing about it and accusing liberals of being apologists because frankly that has got us nowhere. I still think ghettos is a practical solution. They have a choice, a closed community in safe land or back into the war zone. If they dont co operate etc etc they get sent back or are sanctioned

ReputationRep:

That isn't a call they are able to make on behalf of everyone. Such morals are highly subjective.

At the end of the day, the way of life we all enjoy is a privilege and to some extent a product of selfishness, but the equal "utopia" from an economic feasibility standard so to speak isn't bringing the living standards of the entire world up, but bringing everyone's standards in the developed world down to 18th century standards.

The problem we have mainly is while equality centred morality is objectively good. It is simply disingenuous and misguided because the majority these do-gooders aren't seen dead without their iphone, trust fund and paid for university education. We know that once the developed world is plunged into darkness, they won't be the ones fighting for our freedom.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you're just a simpleton who has succumbed to the lies the right wing media have fed you.

This is just a silly stereotype that idiots believe. Not true at all. Defending migrants =/= defending rapists

when have you ever hear a right wing person supporting these people , I'm sorry but its always the liberals who seem to sympathise with them . Its a fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sainsburys wraps)
    I knew I was wasting my time with you. Don't ever reply to my posts again with your stupid xenophobic and divisive rants if you're going to ignore every single thing I respond with.

I'll make it easier and block you, goodbye forever kiddo. And while you're hanging there, 70,000 Muslims have died in terror attacks since 2004, the largest single group of people combined.

yeah cause they are the ones who cause all the terrorist attacks , karma as far as I'm concerned. Its never christians or jewish people .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty670)
    when have you ever hear a right wing person supporting these people , I'm sorry but its always the liberals who seem to sympathise with them . Its a fact
    No liberal sympathises with a rapist. If they do, its not as a result of their political beliefs.

Liberals sympathise with migrants.

ReputationRep:
    I am for helping genuine refugees, but Merkel's policy of "enter all ye who can survive the journey!" has been negligent in the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    it saddens me more of the isolationist fascist response from people like you than the actual people who died, 130 people dead is nothing
    I'll just leave this here to linger like a bad smell.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I'll just leave this here to linger like a bad smell.......
    its not like you could do anything even if you wanted to get rid of it, plus it only smells bad to one-dimensional morons

ReputationRep:
    That's it! No more immigration. Gimme the keys to the border I'm shutting it down

ReputationRep:
    its not like you could do anything even if you wanted to get rid of it, plus it only smells bad to one-dimensional morons
    Yes, only morons care about the death of 130 people, you smart you are! You are SJW of the day! Have a cookie and a pat on the head.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.