Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    So I wanted to start this thread to see what people thought about the hijab. I don't want any lengthy debates and I don't want religion to be brought up, I just want people to comment if they find the hijab attractive. The hijab if you look at it is supposed to be worn to guard the beauty however many go past that and try to beautify different things who defeats its purpose tbh. Not saying I don't defeat its purpose because I wear makeup here and there and try to beautify myself to fit standards because most people do that HOWEVER I want people to look past that and think about the hijab in it's simplest form and think if they saw someone who was wearing it , would they think it was attractive? Again, merely asking this for my own knowledge of how people think and I don't want people to start arguing with each other because it will go no where.
    Not meaning to cause offence but I find it unattractive.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends on how the person looks

ReputationRep:
    What do you call a Muslim with long legs?

Hijabi long legs.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that
    Personally I don't base attractiveness on whether your hair is covered or not. I don't really see how it makes a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    If they're wearing makeup, then yeah they look attractive (because of the makeup), but it defeats the whole point of wearing a hijab in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    prefer hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an angry scrotum)
    What do you call a Muslim with long legs?

Hijabi long legs.
    Can't believe I laughed at this 😂

ReputationRep:
    The cowboy hat isn't attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Its meant to be purely functional and offer women freedom from the shackles of the superficiality of current day and creates a level playing field for women of different looks sizes and weights. All are equal under hijab, all that differs are speech and actions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.