Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Zuki)
    I failed my first year of a levels and ended up with 3 U's and an e. I didn't really feel anything, wasn't even too bothered tbh. I skipped my history exam and went to eat a mcflurry under a tree in the park instead :indiff: I applied again the next year and decided that i needed to get my sh*t together and worked hard and ended up with A*A*A. Ultimately comes down to making up your mind about something and sticking to it.
    Errrr you weren't bothered by the results??! I contemplated on not sitting my history exam at all but decided to just revise for it in the end and sit the damn thing. Contemplating life whilst eating a Mcflurry :lol:

I'm failing my A-levels rn. Did you repeat the year then? So was it just laziness in the first year then or wrong subjects? What are going on to study now? Sorry for grilling you like this. But heck that's quite the inspirational post. I kinda need guidance right now lol.

You're pretty tough considering you managed to completely fluke your exams and have the courage to do them again. Wow. Kudos to you!

ReputationRep:
    Not even being sexist, women are much colder. I won't try to rationalise it with some silly evolutionary theory, I just think that, in my experience, it is more common for a woman to hurt her friends (even through trivial things like idle gossip) than it is for men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    I failed my first year of a levels and ended up with 3 U's and an e. I didn't really feel anything, wasn't even too bothered tbh. I skipped my history exam and went to eat a mcflurry under a tree in the park instead :indiff: I applied again the next year and decided that i needed to get my sh*t together and worked hard and ended up with A*A*A. Ultimately comes down to making up your mind about something and sticking to it.
    Very proud of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Errrr you weren't bothered by the results??! I contemplated on not sitting my history exam at all but decided to just revise for it in the end and sit the damn thing. Contemplating life whilst eating a Mcflurry :lol:

I'm failing my A-levels rn. Did you repeat the year then? So was it just laziness in the first year then or wrong subjects? What are going on to study now? Sorry for grilling you like this. But heck that's quite the inspirational post. I kinda need guidance right now lol.

You're pretty tough considering you managed to completely fluke your exams and have the courage to do them again. Wow. Kudos to you!
    Do you wanna PM me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Very proud of you!
    Thank you!

(Original post by Zuki)
    Do you wanna PM me?
    Yeah that's a good idea. Don't want to derail the thread.

yes they do you ****

ReputationRep:
    No, we are lifeless, emotionless scrubs. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Omgg I'm the same :cry2: my grandad passed not too long ago and whilst i felt shocked as i didn't expect it, I was still more or less just like "meh" :indiff: Thinking about it now, I can't recall the last time I felt properly sad about something :indiff: It seems like all the bad things and experiences built up to the point where one just becomes desensitised to it all :curious: and just collectively stop caring or something :indiff:

Hope we find our emotions m8 :cry2: better start putting up lost posters :cry:
    It's odd not to feel sad when people around you are, it makes me feel a little abnormal and cold. I mean a part of me doesn't care because it's not exactly my fault I can "feel" like them(omg I sound scaryXD "them")... but then again, sometimes I think it could be blessing is disguise.

But as you said...there comes a time when you collectively stop caring about everything, the bad and the good. or atleast the good things don't feel that good, and the bad things not that bad...

it is odd.

I hope do get my feelings back....

ReputationRep:
    yes they do you ****

what is underneath the asterisks- this is what is underneath t**t

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It's odd not to feel sad when people around you are, it makes me feel a little abnormal and cold. I mean a part of me doesn't care because it's not exactly my fault I can "feel" like them(omg I sound scaryXD "them"... but then again, sometimes I think it could be blessing is disguise.

But as you said...there comes a time when you collectively stop caring about everything, the bad and the good. or atleast the good things don't feel that good, and the bad things not that bad...

it is odd.

I hope do get my feelings back....
    heh heh UR weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Awwh Omg that was such a sad but adorable image in my head....I would do that(not the skipping exam part...I apparently do still feel guilt ) but I don't really like mcflurry.... :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    heh heh UR weird
    Thank you bby :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I think that they are just afraid of showing them-they have to be "macho" and follow many stereotypes and look tough-but deep down they are big softies...

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have feelings in my belongings

ReputationRep:
    I can't say for sure, but I think emotional levels are similar for both genders. When it comes to expressing inner feelings, it would mainly depend on the person's character. One person may cry when hurt, and someone else may just feel empty inside instead- it varies. But guys do have feelings, my brother was crying over his delayed sandwich yesterday and if that's not real pain then I don't know what is.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But really, i thought all guys were like Francis from Deadpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poundsoffat)
    no we don't have feelings all we have is muscle
    >says tsr user poundsoffat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Awwh Omg that was such a sad but adorable image in my head....I would do that(not the skipping exam part...I apparently do still feel guilt ) but I don't really like mcflurry.... :ashamed:
    I think i had given up on life at that point :rofl: I felt a bit guilty, mum was like "how did the exam go?" I replied "IT WENT GREAT MUM :top: " :emo: How can you not like McFlurry though it soothed my soul :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend that tells me I have no emotions :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder this myself too sometimes, I don't think they do

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.