Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Why do people smoke?
    Lots of reasons, peer pressure, interest, family/freinds smoke and then then people get addicted
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ajsmith171)
    As the title suggests, as a smoker, ask me anything...
    How much do you spend on cigarettes in a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    you excited for lung cancer
    Not really, hopefully I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    Is a quick fix of nicotine really worth reducing your life for? Throat cancer? Lung cancer? Heart disease? I know a woman who had been smoking for 40+ years and had to have her leg amputated due to clotting of her blood from smoking. When your young you dont realise the consequences. Quit now while you can!!

ReputationRep:
    With Silk Cut smooth you can choose long ones or short ones which ones are better or is there no difference? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    How much do you spend on cigarettes in a year?
    Well I spend about £10 on a 25g of Golden Virginia which makes me about 45 cigarettes which lasts me about a week, so thats about £520 a year on that. Filter tips are about £1 for 120 which lasts about three weeks and so it costs about £17 a year and then 50 rizla's are about 30p which is about £15 a year. In total about £550 a year. I find it much cheeper then factory made cigarettes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellah857)
    Is a quick fix of nicotine really worth reducing your life for? Throat cancer? Lung cancer? Heart disease? I know a woman who had been smoking for 40+ years and had to have her leg amputated due to clotting of her blood from smoking. When your young you dont realise the consequences. Quit now while you can!!
    I'm not a heavy smoker and I am slowly cutting down. The person you described had been smoking for 40+ years, and how many cigarettes did she smoke a day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    With Silk Cut smooth you can choose long ones or short ones which ones are better or is there no difference? x
    I've only smoked Silk Cut purple, which even then was only a couple of packs as I found them pretty tasteless and I didn't really get a buzz so I don't really know much about silk cut.

ReputationRep:
    I've only smoked Silk Cut purple, which even then was only a couple of packs as I found them pretty tasteless and I didn't really get a buzz so I don't really know much about silk cut.
    Can you get flavoured tobacco like you can get flavoured shisha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    Can you get flavoured tobacco like you can get flavoured shisha?
    You can get it, but I've never tried it

ReputationRep:
    Honest question, not trying to be aggressive or anything Why do you continue to smoke despite all of the research showing it's incredibly dangerous for your health?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a heavy smoker and I am slowly cutting down. The person you described had been smoking for 40+ years, and how many cigarettes did she smoke a day?
    Im sure when she started at 17 she never expected to still be smoking at 65 with an amputated leg :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Honest question, not trying to be aggressive or anything Why do you continue to smoke despite all of the research showing it's incredibly dangerous for your health?
    I don't question any of the research, I know any number of cigarettes isn't good for your health but I only smoke 5 or 6 a day and the majority of people with impacts from smoking smoke 40 a day and have done for 40 plus years. I am slowly cutting down and I do hope to stop

ReputationRep:
    when r u going to give up?

ReputationRep:
    do you regret starting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellah857)
    Im sure when she started at 17 she never expected to still be smoking at 65 with an amputated leg :/
    I'm really sorry about the person you mentioned. Yeah, the big problem is the addiction that comes with smoking and it can gef out of hand. I've been smoking for a couple of years now and I have managed to keep it pretty consistant at about 6 a day, and if anything I've cut down and I will continue to cut down in the future

ReputationRep:
    I don't question any of the research, I know any number of cigarettes isn't good for your health but I only smoke 5 or 6 a day and the majority of people with impacts from smoking smoke 40 a day and have done for 40 plus years. I am slowly cutting down and I do hope to stop
    Ah I see, I'm glad you're cutting down - it's for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    when r u going to give up?
    Probably within the next 2 years or so. As i've been doing I will cut down with the hope of cutting down to about 4 a day by the end of this year and then eventually stopping. It will be a gradual process

ReputationRep:
    Probably within the next 2 years or so. As i've been doing I will cut down with the hope of cutting down to about 4 a day by the end of this year and then eventually stopping. It will be a gradual process
    nice isn't it? and do you know the best way to stop? (cold turkey)!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New- Emperor)
    do you regret starting?
    In many ways, yes I do because if I hadn't I would have saved a whole lot of money, saved my health and I wouldn't have to think about having to go through the process of quiting. But, on the other hand, I do quite enjoy it and the fix, I find it quite relaxing and I like the social aspect of smoking. In a strange sort of way I feel that it sort of made be closer with some of my mates who smoke or used to smoke. So it's 50/50 really

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.