• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by gameofno)
    Hi. So my breasts always feel so sore before my period My size is 34DD and i feel like I'm touching a bruise when I touch them before my period. Does anyone know how to make them feel less uncomfortable? They give me back pain too which is very irritating. I'm only 15 so my parents won't let me get a breast reduction. I like them most of the time but they're feeling quite painful now. Any remedies would be really appreciated. Thank you xx
    A breast reduction while you're still growing sounds like a bad idea anyway. If you go to your doctor, they may be able to help. I've had back pain from my breasts since puberty, and since I injured my back on top of that it's pretty bad. I'm 18 and considering a reduction in the future, but even then I'll be waiting until I'm in my early 20s, as that's about when your breasts have quit. I'd definitely talk to someone about it, but they won't even consider a reduction anyway until you've tried everything else, but they'll help you go through 'everything else'. As for the tenderness, it's normal. Large breasts or not, most women have this around the period. You may find OTC pain medication useful for when it's particularly bad, and possibly a bigger and more comfortable bra.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. So my breasts always feel so sore before my period My size is 34DD and i feel like I'm touching a bruise when I touch them before my period. Does anyone know how to make them feel less uncomfortable? They give me back pain too which is very irritating. I'm only 15 so my parents won't let me get a breast reduction. I like them most of the time but they're feeling quite painful now. Any remedies would be really appreciated. Thank you xx
    Hi, I know this thread is a week old but I thought I'd reply anyway, in case it helps. It's actually very common to experience pain in your breasts before your period. It still happens to me sometimes. Apparently this is a hormonal thing called cyclical breast pain. I've used volterol gel but stopped because of potential side-effects. My mum recommended evening primrose oil capsules and I've found that this seems to really help with things like breast pain (if it's hormonal) and painful or heavy periods. So you can try those. But if it's to do with size, it's probably best to speak to you GP and also make sure your bras fit you well and give you good support. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Hi, I know this thread is a week old but I thought I'd reply anyway, in case it helps. It's actually very common to experience pain in your breasts before your period. It still happens to me sometimes. Apparently this is a hormonal thing called cyclical breast pain. I've used volterol gel but stopped because of potential side-effects. My mum recommended evening primrose oil capsules and I've found that this seems to really help with things like breast pain (if it's hormonal) and painful or heavy periods. So you can try those. But if it's to do with size, it's probably best to speak to you GP and also make sure your bras fit you well and give you good support. Good luck!
    Hi thank you for replying! where can i buy primrose oil capsules? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi thank you for replying! where can i buy primrose oil capsules? x
    You're welcome. Try Holland & Barrett.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    You're welcome. Try Holland & Barrett.
    Oki ty xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oki ty xxx
    You're very welcome! Good luck hun. x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.