Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Thanbir.33)
    when i first replied to whoever it was' statement i hadn't elaborated on the topic as i should have but my point is even though slavery is accepted in islam it comes with a lot of t's and c's and in todays society muslims do not use slaves
    The main point being that it is still permissible, whatever the caveats. That alone is a reason for any egalitarian-minded Muslim to leave Islam, so the OP cannot be faulted for citing this as a reason.

As for the latter claim - you judge for yourself whether the treatment of migrant workers lured to Gulf countries with promises of (what are to them) lucrative wages, which frequently involves the employer seizing the worker's passport on arrival, is anything less than slavery. So while it may be officially outlawed in most Muslim countries, it's simply untrue to say that no Muslims today use slaves.

ReputationRep:
    If not a troll (probably is seeing as he hasn't replied for a while and probably wanted to start another debate), it's obviously another user with a dupe account lol

ReputationRep:
    in todays society muslims do not use slaves
    Tell that to the 4-17% of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania's population who are slaves currently.

ReputationRep:
    when i first replied to whoever it was' statement i hadn't elaborated on the topic as i should have but my point is even though slavery is accepted in islam it comes with a lot of t's and c's and in todays society muslims do not use slaves
    God would've known (as he is 'all-knowing' after all) that whatever rules he gives or whatever he allows, we feeble humans will take it one step further. In the case of slavery, put aside these so called 'terms and conditions' - ultimately, slavery is permitted within Islam.

As such, you have cases (as Hydeman stated) whereby people are living in 'Islamic' countries with very few rights to their name. It's slavery without the label.

Problem is, under Islamic law, they aren't really in the wrong. Heck, Uganda has banned its people from working as housemaids in Saudi Arabia due to inhumane treatment. Slavery is very much alive. We just tell ourselves that it doesn't exist. It's a lie we've forced ourselves to believe.

ReputationRep:
    you're just a lost soul... hope Allah can guide you to the right path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby12345)
    Zeus, Odin, Amun, Vishnu, Allah etc
    There are so many Gods to choose from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pearlxxx)
    Sorry to say but you are a total retard. Your reason behind leaving islam seems nonsense and yeah please do a better research.
    It's because of people with an attitude such as yours that many dislike religions.

No reason should be needed for a person to leave a religion. It is personal. If they no longer believe in God then so be it. If Islam is no longer compatible with their moral beliefs then so be it. They don't have to provide justification and they certainly don't have to give one to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pearlxxx)
    Sorry to say but you are a total retard. Your reason behind leaving islam seems nonsense and yeah please do a better research.
    Sigh.
    Why do so many of you Muslims deny what is written in the quran?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Sigh.

*Hadith

Most of Muhammed's lifestyle was recorded in the Ahadiths and most westernised muslims don't even know what that is.

If all of Muhammed's vile behaviours were in the Quran the religion won't have a large following

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Sigh.
    Something something context, time something.

Most don't really read the Quran or look into how Islam came to be as we know it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macsalaama)
    Something something context, time something.

Most don't really read the Quran or look into how Islam came to be as we know it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You just have to memorise the Quran and sing it. Then you know you've made it in this life. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby12345)
    Many ex-Muslims feel much better after they leave and say it's one of the best decisions of their lives so no, not necessarily lost at all.

most ex muslims act like they know Islam better than any other muslims which is why they left. It's actually funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muhammad97)
    I did more research into the life of Prophet Muhammad, and just wasn't able to justify his actions. Such as murder, keeping slaves, having sex with a child, beating his wifes, treating women awfully etc.
    Everyone calling him a troll but everything he said apart from beating his wives and treating women awfully (maybe) is true. I hate when people don't respond to the comments made but want to attack who said it. If you're a Muslim please just stop going to ex-Muslim threads (if you're easily butt hurt).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    most ex muslims act like they know Islam better than any other muslims which is why they left. It's actually funny
    But they do and that is a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree
    (Original post by Listers)
    *Hadith

Most of Muhammed's lifestyle was recorded in the Ahadiths and most westernised muslims don't even know what that is.

If all of Muhammed's vile behaviours were in the Quran the religion won't have a large following
    Is there a difference between the Hadith and Quran?

ReputationRep:
    Enlighten me: what have Ex-Muslims on this thread said that is not true?

ReputationRep:
    Really? So I take it you know "most" ex-Muslims, or you've seen a study of ex-muslims?

Shall I tell you what's funny? That you believe a husband is allowed to beat his wife (under certain circumstances). Don't believe me? Check it out with your friends at ISOC.

Can't believe it when people take the moral high ground whilst hey hold on to very archaic beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mjcal1)
    Really? So I take it you know "most" ex-Muslims, or you've seen a study of ex-muslims?

Shall I tell you what's funny? That you believe a husband is allowed to beat his wife (under certain circumstances). Don't believe me? Check it out with your friends at ISOC.

Can't believe it when people take the moral high ground whilst hey hold on to very archaic beliefs.
    Careful now, if you hurt her feelings she'll unleash an emotional rant with no substance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Careful now, if you hurt her feelings she'll unleash an emotional rant with no substance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh dear. I'm literally just talking to her about what she believes in. Maybe I'll tell her more interesting facts. Like what's in the right hand.... What does it possess?

(Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Enlighten me: what have Ex-Muslims on this thread said that is not true?
    I was talking about when they give statistics like I ALWAYS hear from ex-muslims 'if most muslims read the quran or hadith they would leave the religion' or 'Most muslims don't even know what hadith is' Which someone did say above actually. They make it as thought they know Islam better than a muslim which is why they left.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.