Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraAli123)
    This paper was so hard.can anyone predict the grade boundaries for AQA Geography unit 2.The topics are population,changing urban environments and tourism.
    I know for past papers its around 64 for an A* but it was hard as hell so they have to lower them. Also hi again lols. I messed up the last 8marker on tourism wrote about ecotourism apparently had to write about Kenyas tourism master plan what did u write? did the same topics as u btw

ReputationRep:
    I think overall, for a geography exam it was pretty hard. Don't sweat it guys, grade boundaries are normally around 70% for an A* so chances are you're gonna get the grade you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzi8n137)
    Sadly a baby boom and a higher life expectancy aren't government strategies to deal with an increasing population
    Of Course they aren't I mean would me of stating those things be justification for using the UK as a place where there is population growth.

The strategies I mention was Free sex education and family planning.

Free contraceptives

Building of homes to deal with a rising population I also wrote some smaller random points

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about both the Indonesia and China policy for the rapid population control question (tourism). Will I get any marks as it said use only 1 case study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision120)
    I wrote about both the Indonesia and China policy for the rapid population control question (tourism). Will I get any marks as it said use only 1 case study
    It depends on the points you covered. If you wrote different points, you will still be able to get 8 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthecat)
    I know for past papers its around 64 for an A* but it was hard as hell so they have to lower them. Also hi again lols. I messed up the last 8marker on tourism wrote about ecotourism apparently had to write about Kenyas tourism master plan what did u write? did the same topics as u btw
    Heard this alot , but it stated an area in the tropics , not just Kenya, so i did the Galapagos Islands, never learnt Kenya in School,did Jamaica for mass tourism but i felt the Islands are a teopical area, thwyre found on the equator , so i think it would be harsh if Aqa dodnt reocgnise that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akila1)
    It depends on the points you covered. If you wrote different points, you will still be able to get 8 marks.
    Thankyou 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Tesco_Manager)
    Heard this alot , but it stated an area in the tropics , not just Kenya, so i did the Galapagos Islands, never learnt Kenya in School,did Jamaica for mass tourism but i felt the Islands are a teopical area, thwyre found on the equator , so i think it would be harsh if Aqa dodnt reocgnise that
    Galapagos is wrong because it said 'well established', also if you look at the specification one of the topics was practically that question...in the mass tourism section

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 220
Size:  265.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Job738338)
    Galapagos is wrong because it said 'well established', also if you look at the specification one of the topics was practically that question...in the mass tourism section
    Besides this, do you think they will accept Kerela as an alternative to China in population lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundaries for higher?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone find the questions worded weirdly ? i had to read them loads before i understood it

ReputationRep:
    I found it hard to understand too... But fortunately I get 25% extra time, I don't have a clue how people finished within the regular time. Well done to everyone who did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraLeigh)
    I found it hard to understand too... But fortunately I get 25% extra time, I don't have a clue how people finished within the regular time. Well done to everyone who did
    yeah , i had regular time and i still had 2 case study questions to do in the last 5 minutes! it was a bit close !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Job738338)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 220
Size:  265.2 KB
    Completely agree, but didnt learn Kenya, but theres no doubt the Galapogos islands is an area in the tropics. The question asked using an area in the tropics , how does in maintain income whilst reducing negatuve effects. This is what i did, and i think it would be ridiculous if AQA only allowed Kenya as to say Jamaica/ Galapogos Islands arent tropical is terrible

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree, but didnt learn Kenya, but theres no doubt the Galapogos islands is an area in the tropics. The question asked using an area in the tropics , how does in maintain income whilst reducing negatuve effects. This is what i did, and i think it would be ridiculous if AQA only allowed Kenya as to say Jamaica/ Galapogos Islands arent tropical is terrible
    Even if i dropped around 6 marks here, i still eould be hoping for an A* , i dont think i droped around 14/15 marks on the rest of the paper

ReputationRep:
    Which one was the right case study for population change, Indonesia or china?

ReputationRep:
    I think China was the better case study, which is what I did. The Indonesia one is harder to talk about because population growth still happened - it was mainly a policy to try and reduce housing shortages. China policy actually slowed down population growth. But that's just my view...

ReputationRep:
    however it did also say 'well established', i hope you get the marks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthecat)
    I wrote about the kenyan master plan -how they increased the enterance fees to decrease the number of visitors whilest still making the same amount of money. But apparently the kenyan master plan is for both ecotourism and mass tourism .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.