Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheated on my GF of 2 years with an old flame. Watch

ReputationRep:
    You don't even seem to be guilty for what you've done. Where is your self control? It's not difficult to say no, you clearly don't care about her enough otherwise you wouldn't have slept with the "old flame".
    Your girlfriend deserves someone better ngl

ReputationRep:
    How old are you guys? I think at the end of the day no-one can deny that cheating on a partner is a horrible thing to do but it seems like you have your mind made up abut the ex and nothing's going to change that.

Just curious though, if you had 5 years of history with the old girl, why did you cut contact over a stupid thing like you said? Surely with such a long history things wouldn't end that quickly? Did you want her to be your gf and it just never happened?

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely don't understand why people do this. I take relationships (and ideas of loyalty, trust and honesty), extremely seriously, so it's kind of sickening to see this kind of behaviour. If you want to cheat while in a relationship, at least split up beforehand and be only slightly repulsive.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    I genuinely don't understand why people do this. I take relationships (and ideas of loyalty, trust and honesty), extremely seriously, so it's kind of sickening to see this kind of behaviour. If you want to cheat while in a relationship, at least split up beforehand and be only slightly repulsive.
    Because not everyone considers fidelity and loyalty to be important. I think its weak behaviour and has more to do with how you treat other people, especially one you claim to care about. Disrespectful.

Dont lose your ideals sloth, not everyone is like that.

ReputationRep:
    You want your ex it would seem but how is that now? Have you spoken about reuniting? If so tell your gf it's not right or fair on her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Because not everyone considers fidelity and loyalty to be important. I think its weak behaviour and has more to do with how you treat other people, especially one you claim to care about. Disrespectful.

Dont lose your ideals sloth, not everyone is like that.
    Thank you, I don't think I could lose them even if I wanted to. I'm so glad that someone else understands what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I have been cheated on and all i can say is go **** yourself quite frankly, you have behaved disgustingly and i pray to the skies and above that when you tell your girlfriend you feel like **** and then realise that she was the one and she doesn't take you back. I think that it takes a lot to trust someone and I personally have the worst trust issues due to the lack of respect that I have received which will possibly stay with me forever. Ideally you should have ended it when you saw this "flame" and knew that you wanted her. At least then you would only be a 8/10 on the ******** scale.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    Thank you, I don't think I could lose them even if I wanted to. I'm so glad that someone else understands what I'm talking about.
    His life and I can see how it happened, but some people like to treat others in a way they would like to be treated. Hopefully she wont beat herself up and better to have found out now rather than waste any more time. Its important to recognise that its about a lot more than the sex. If there is no trust and you cnat rely or respect someone, then its dead imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    X
    OP, I just have to ask, after you break up with your GF, then what?

You're in France for two months, and then presumably, you'll go back home and do what? Would you move to France for this new/old flame or would she move back with you, or would you have an LDR?

Also, are you even going to tell this old flame that you had a GF when you first reconnected, that you practically threw away for her? Will you tell her that you'd made her the other woman, when she'd assumed you were single?

Who knows, maybe she won't forgive you for lying either, and then you'll end up with neither. How poetic.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.